SB Air & EC Technical Support

Hello SB Air Community, Hunternz Here   :salute:

I would like to inform you guys i am wanting to be more involved in the development and progress of SB in War Thunder Air and Ground to assist and support where i can. 

So you will probably see me around here more often in the up and coming weeks having discussions with you guys about implementations  , possible developments and helping with reports and basic communication.

Looking forward to this so be nice

Cheers

Matty J  

Update 07-09-2016

In Enduring Confrontation mode the mechanics of the reward that a player receives have been changed.  A player receives the first half of the reward normally (right after destroying an enemy unit, base or by performing any action that gives a reward to the player) and the second part after safe landing on the friendly airfield. This change should limit unfair bailing by pilots from their aircraft instead of returning to a friendly airstrip to rearm and repair their machines.

• Upvote 12
medal medal

Hi Hunterz, nice to see you here.

Now, time to give use some HEC (Historical Enduring Confrontations) tovarisch.

EDIT: please)))))

Edited by Ze_Hairy
  • Upvote 13
medal

Dont mess around do ya   ;)s

Very nice to get some more attention by mods with a different level of connection to the devs!

I'm Happy to be coming to support here , will do my best, a lot will be dependent on you guys  :salute:

medal medal

As a quick start I can say that 2 airfields (northern and eastern) of the German team in Winter Stalingrad are not allowing a proper take off (I couldn't take off to test the landing :)). I guess this is a bug but may not be a bug as well since one of the runway has a climbing inclination but the plane starts just bottom of it and cannot climb to reach the rest of the runway where it can take off. On the other one there is a huge hillish soil is tall about half of the plane's height (an ordinary fighter) and hops the plane in the middle of the take off where some planes can take off from there but some need more speed but cannot increase since they are crashing after the hop. I remember the third one has a problem as well but cannot remember what was it since I had taken off from that one but not easily though.

medal medal

What he said...

HEC would probably bring the biggest SB player base growth since...well ..the last HEC Event.

• Upvote 5

So how soon before EC games end in 20 min . .that should be a no brainer.

Can you push for a fix, it has been over a month already and the same problem persists with the new EC maps

medal medal medal medal

Cheers Hunternz.

Thanks for looking at the SB side of things.

As others have said, Enduring Confrontation Historic would be a great thing to see.

Another one, for me, would be a Combined Arms Enduring Confrontation.  That one would be a little hard to implement, i would imagine, but one can hope :).

Cheers, and thanks again!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I would also like to see some historical Enduring confrontation scenarios, пожалуйста!

Early 1941/42 scenarios:
The new "English Channel" map for Battle of Dover, GER vs western allies

Classical Stalingrad, configuration exists, ger vs ссср

Late 43/44/45 scenarios

Winter Stalingrad

Ruhr or Bulge Edited by Fenris_wolf

@Hunternz

I want to repeat my question from your General Technical support Thread. I think it fits better in this section.

For now,I have only one question.What was the reason to bring the Zhengzhou map with a pure fantasy setup like USA/UK/USSR vs Japan???

This is so out of the line that I cant belive it. I mean,many of the Sim players in the past months ask for a somehow historical pacific lineup like UK-Japan,or US-Japan and what we have now is the complete opposite oft what the Sim comunity wants.

In my opinion,such a Fantasy setup belongs to the AB/RB section but have nothing to do with the Sim part of Warthunder.

Greets

MaybeMaybeNot (Posted )

Yup sits better here friend
medal

Thank you for offering up help. I do hope:

You stay....

You don't get put off....

You get genuine feedback....

You get big G to listen....

o7 and Best of Luck!!!

:salute:  thanks for the welcoming support .

You stay....   I will stay as long as needed to get to a common ground 

You don't get put off.... I dont get put off easy 

You get genuine feedback.... Feedback is key , for anything to come of whatever is discussed suggested technically game mechanics wise  

You get big G to listen.... No  :(s  but its not why i do what i do  :Ds 

o7 and Best of Luck!!!  Thank you , luck is always nice to have , also sometimes it's not what ya now it's who you know  :Ps 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

I'm curious what you think of this long idea I've gradually put together over a few months regarding Sim EC:

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/316525-a-comprehensive-idea-on-how-to-improve-simulator-enduring-confrontation-revised-after-what-was-said-on-the-previous-thread-about-this/page-2#entry6235448

To summarize:
- All classes get equal and fair chances to do their own jobs without having to fly straight into a puny kill zone for the other side (aka attackers/bombers and the frontline battles)
- matches wouldn't end early since AFs would have a whole new modular DM based off of how tanks work (repair timers, certain modules getting destroyed increases repair times of others, debuffs for enemy planes using that damaged AF)
- Like a real battle (that this game is supposedly trying to simulate), the match would only end when the ground war is won, but fighters would still play a very significant role supporting attackers, bombers, and gaining air superiority
- Finally the structure of the frontline lays a framework that would allow player GF to be integrated into SB Air Maps.

It's a very long and complicated idea but I want an honest opinion from someone who has connections with Gaijin that can potentially pass on some of these ideas directly and bypass the broken/overloaded suggestion part of the forum (not enough people managing it and not enough devs reading it). The most important parts are the modular airfield DM (so they can't ever be fully destroyed, only heavily crippled by continuous bombing) and the expanded frontline (attackers are almost 100% useless in their intended role right now due to how small the battles are and the number of vultures from either side camping overhead the tiny battle zones, they need a MUCH bigger target that can't be choked off by 2 fighters so easily).
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Welcome to the SB subforum, enjoy your stay :salute:

Is it possible to increase airfields destruction tonnage? That would solve many problems with very short match in EC T3 and later

medal medal medal

Looks like the snail gods have answered my recent call in the Constructive Criticism section of the forums - glad to have you in here Hunternz!!

I'm not sure if you had already stumbled upon that thread, but I have put together a pretty thorough synopsis of what has been working, and not working for SB Air over the last year+, which you can find here: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/316937-constructive-feedback-for-the-sim-air-modes-from-an-sb-pilot-of-over-1-year-of-consistent-gameplay/

The EC Feedback thread is quite long at this point, which is why I put that posting together - to at least address the biggest issues consistently popping up in that thread (and these forums) for easier reading on the part of the DEV team.  It by no means is addressing everything, but it certainly covers the most important topics constantly addressed in here by the SB community which have had the biggest impact in retaining players, or in making players quit.  It'll paint a great picture of the good and bad sides of SB Air from the days of Old Sim to present day BR-based EC.  Hope you'll find it helpful!

Thank you again for your efforts, and we are definitely eagerly awaiting some positive changes to SB Air! o7

Edited by *GateNomes
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

Nice to see a dev?(not sure what your position is) trying to be more involved and give what is most likely the smallest part of WTs user base some love.

Now that we have your attention, a lot of people are asking for HEC (what ever happened to the premade lineup idea from a few months ago) which would have in my opinion be a improvement to the current system buuuut only if you expand the HEC lineups to include "outdated" planes.

To explain further, with the current MM & spawn points system planes that are on the edge of difirent tiers are in a tricky position.
Taking the Hs 129 B2 for an example, since Its 3.0 BR we can only use it in tier II matches and to deploy one you need a bunch of spawn points.

Don't know exactly how many but roughly 2 air kills/1 base & 5 ground targets destroyed to spawn it and when you do spawn it Its use is quite limited since its an attack aircraft obviously but for a pilot like me who e joys flying attackers this plane is a joy to fly.

My point is that you don't see these aircrafts enough since they take almost as many spawn points to spawn as a FW190 which is objectively a better overall aircraft and the only reason is because the tiers are set up in such a way that there is a bottom limit for BRs allowed.

If this plane was to be avalible in tier III battles (3.3-4.7BR) where it can preform as well as in tier II a lot more people would be flying the Hs 129 B2 and other aircrafts that might not be "good enough" to compete against certain BR but are still capable planes and most importantly hell'a fun to fly.

I'm fantasizing of taking a Hs 123 in a Tier 2 or even tier 3 matches, lawn mowing through the battlefield, dodging flak and superior planes alike before dropping my load on a single tank.

To simplify my suggestion, it would be awesome if we could spawn 1.0-2.0 aircrafts in 3.3-4.7 EC, if for nothing else but variety sake.

That would be the best thing ever.

PS : Thanks for doing this <3
medal

Nice to see a dev?(not sure what your position is) trying to be more involved and give what is most likely the smallest part of WTs user base some love.

No no not dev look at my title "Technical Moderator" we have some what i direct line to dev's threw correspondence on different media . The objective here is to support technically game mechanics, possible development through feedback and experience, there is a team of tech mods and admin and devs , so have some resources there to use. Wanting to find a common ground between you guys and the current version of the game mode.  

This user here  https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/316937-constructive-feedback-for-the-sim-air-modes-from-an-sb-pilot-of-over-1-year-of-consistent-gameplay/ has saved me just untold time coming up to speed on where the comminuiy is at , and i will more then likly be largly focuing on whats said there. 

All of you questions we will go over at some stage 

• Upvote 3
medal medal

Looks like the snail gods have answered my recent call in the Constructive Criticism section of the forums - glad to have you in here Hunternz!!

I'm not sure if you had already stumbled upon that thread, but I have put together a pretty thorough synopsis of what has been working, and not working for SB Air over the last year+, which you can find here: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/316937-constructive-feedback-for-the-sim-air-modes-from-an-sb-pilot-of-over-1-year-of-consistent-gameplay/

The EC Feedback thread is quite long at this point, which is why I put that posting together - to at least address the biggest issues consistently popping up in that thread (and these forums) for easier reading on the part of the DEV team.  It by no means is addressing everything, but it certainly covers the most important topics constantly addressed in here by the SB community which have had the biggest impact in retaining players, or in making players quit.  It'll paint a great picture of the good and bad sides of SB Air from the days of Old Sim to present day BR-based EC.  Hope you'll find it helpful!

Thank you again for your efforts, and we are definitely eagerly awaiting some positive changes to SB Air! o7

Hi there thank you very much for the link and summary , i will have a few questions for you in the up and coming weeks , will send you my contact details via PM email and such things , hope you ok with that 

• Upvote 4
medal medal

So Tech Mod, are you going to respond to my comment or just ignore it?

I understand that huge walls of text aren't most people's forte but even so the problems in SB Air have synergistically compounded themselves in such a way that a solution THAT big is needed to solve everything.

I'm not angry or anything, just rather curious why you answered other user's posts and ignored mine.
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So Tech Mod, are you going to respond to my comment or just ignore it?

I understand that huge walls of text aren't most people's forte but even so the problems in SB Air have synergistically compounded themselves in such a way that a solution THAT big is needed to solve everything.

I'm not angry or anything, just rather curious why you answered other user's posts and ignored mine.

I think  other people should be able to get a word in and not have it lost behind a great wall of text in the next min. Since you cannot find it in your heart to return to AB, at least return to polluting the EC thread and leave this one alone. That goes for your sidekick as well :salute:

Edited by Twisted
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal