Weapon Damage and Performance Issues and Discussion (RB, Tanks *and* Planes)

Yes and above that it says the 12.7mm kinetic damage has been "fixed", Ball and Tracer ammo has been buffed.

Though it is unclear whether 12.7mm was buffed Overall, or the "," means only the 12.7mm Ball and Tracer bullets were.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Yes and above that it says the 12.7mm kinetic damage has been "fixed", Ball and Tracer ammo has been buffed.

Though it is unclear whether 12.7mm was buffed Overall, or the "," means only the 12.7mm Ball and Tracer bullets were.

we will probably never know :?s

medal

Okay, yeah, I can confirm now that the .50 cals are still pathetically and embarassingly underpowered, and it's absolutely astounding that Gaijin could nerf them this hard. 7.7s do more damage at longer range.

Yes, I fly with a joystick. No, it doesn't particularly change the factors going in to what you see in this replay. That's a Bf-110 absorbing an ungodly amount of .50s to pretty much everything.

Edited by The_Lieutenant
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The M2, the Mg151s Mineshells, the Mk103s HVAP, Mk214 HVAP... it's not only your murican mgs

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Been firing with a F82+pod (=14 0.50 M3...) at a I185M71. Needed 4 different attacks, hitting him each time :

1. crit right wing. I185 could maneuver almost in a normal way.
  2. "hit".
  3. "hit".
  4. "hit on first burst, explosion on the second one.

Srsly, what is wrong with you Gaijin ?

Edited by Leandrys
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well in Korea pilots said they were starting to not be as effective because planes were faster and made of higher quality metal (even though theres guncams of Sabres turning Migs into rockets with .50s), so obviously, that means it wasnt effective against planes comprised of wood.

In Korea.  Against jets.  They worked fine in WW2.  But remember the Americans were too stupid (or maybe was it they were too fat and lazy, I forget) to make cannons, or something.  

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

In Korea.  Against jets.  They worked fine in WW2.  But remember the Americans were too stupid (or maybe was it they were too fat and lazy, I forget) to make cannons, or something.  

Or maybe, unlike in this game, .50 cals were actually really good at shooting things down in WWII?

Edited by The_Lieutenant
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Or maybe, unlike in this game, .50 cals are actually really good at shooting things down?

In real life yes .50 call is a big round now put 5 LMG shooting at the same time ... 

1 plane with 20x .50 shots into the engine will not fly for much longer. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal

Or maybe, unlike in this game, .50 cals are actually really good at shooting things down?

I don't think your friend in his B17 with 3 airkills was complaining about 50 cals not doing anything, was he? Well, until his wing left him.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

If you actually read my post, the part where I said "so obviously, that means it wasnt effective against planes comprised of wood", was very clear sarcasm. You say that sarcastically (I hope), but lots of people legitimately believe thats the reasoning behind that sort of thing. Many militarys do that. Some miltarys are using planes and tanks from 60+ years ago. Russia still uses AK model assault rifles. We still use M16s. Germany still uses MP5s. Austria still uses AUGs. If something is still capable, you still use it. When you have about 36 trillion Brownings laying around, with about 900 trillion rounds of ammo, you keep using them. Hell, were still using them today, are we not?

If you actually read my post, the part where I said "so obviously, that means it wasnt effective against planes comprised of wood", was very clear sarcasm. You say that sarcastically (I hope), but lots of people legitimately believe thats the reasoning behind that sort of thing. Many militarys do that. Some miltarys are using planes and tanks from 60+ years ago. Russia still uses AK model assault rifles. We still use M16s. Germany still uses MP5s. Austria still uses AUGs. If something is still capable, you still use it. When you have about 36 trillion Brownings laying around, with about 900 trillion rounds of ammo, you keep using them. Hell, were still using them today, are we not?

Yes it was sarcasm seeing as how WT forums are infested with wehraboos.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal

A b17 in a 2.7BR match? Did you watch my replay or not?

I was in a FW A5U2 suffering the same "uptier" ... assuming you meant that it was a 5.7 BR match. My total team going herp-a-derp lets tailhang a B17 together and sing kumbaya.

Hey John! you have fire for my marshmallows in that huge machine of yours?

Sure I do, let me just light up your left wing for you.

Oh crap John, you made Heinrich lose lift and then he exploded. But my marshmallows weren't done!

Not a problem, have a bit of fire in your engine block. That won't cause loss of lift on your wing. While at it, I'll light up your friend as well since you became a bit twitchy suddenly, so you all are served.

Thanks John! You're the best.

I do not think bomber pilots have anything to complain on their 50s. They do plenty of damage as it is (and far more than the fighter planes). Massive problems come due to fact that 50s cause damage to surface area's or control surfaces but the enormous strength of The Instructor(tm) helps keeping planes in the air and functional that would normally crash or become severely degraded in flight performance. Just compare difference in flying a plane with wing damage on MA or FRC... the difference is huge.

Edited by ThatRedDot
medal medal medal medal medal medal

That's the only reason we ever complain about inaccuracies or broken gameplay. Because we're nazis. But setting that aside, I suggest you peruse that replay I posted.

Calling someone a wehraboo and a Nazi are entirely different things.  

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal

The Change to wing spars and Fw190 Elevator authority do shine light on some more realistic changes to come in the future.

I am excited, because at the day any plane lives up to that Standard, I think M2's will perform sufficiently.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal