Weapon Damage and Performance Issues and Discussion (RB, Tanks *and* Planes)

Well in my opinion 50 cals should be made to where they need to be on target for longer when compared to cannons.  But when you put over 600 of any type of bullet into a plane and its still able to fly then something is obviously wrong.  But that's why I don't like playing with planes with the 50 cal, cause all the kills are mostly caused by fires and those kills r soooooo boring

medal

*REALISM INTENSIFIES*

I look forward to the next update, in which the M2 will finally reach its real world performance of actually making enemy planes less damaged.

They did not nerf the damage or anything its just that every gun sparks now even at 60 ping 0 packet loss. I still get 3 kills per match in my B-25J-1 when i go gunship heavy fighter mode :D In the past days the sparking has decreased thankfully.

I also have had much success with the late M2 and the M3 stealth belts (API,I,API,I) Since the enemy can't dodge them with defensive flying (Looking at the chaser and using manual controls ect.WASD to dodge.)

They did not nerf the damage or anything its just that every gun sparks now even at 60 ping 0 packet loss. I still get 3 kills per match in my B-25J-1 when i go gunship heavy fighter mode :D In the past days the sparking has decreased thankfully.

I also have had much success with the late M2 and the M3 stealth belts (API,I,API,I) Since the enemy can't dodge them with defensive flying (Looking at the chaser and using manual controls ect.WASD to dodge.)

Really? Because I'm getting stacks of hit markers, and if anything, these several hundred round bursts seem to do literally nothing at any range. What am I doing wrong? I shoot the engines to no effect, the wings to no effect, the literally everything ever to no effect? Is it because I haven't bought golden eagles recently?

It feels like wishing really hard for the enemy to explode is more effective at this point.

Edited by The_Lieutenant
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well in my opinion 50 cals should be made to where they need to be on target for longer when compared to cannons.  But when you put over 600 of any type of bullet into a plane and its still able to fly then something is obviously wrong.  But that's why I don't like playing with planes with the 50 cal, cause all the kills are mostly caused by fires and those kills r soooooo boring

No, they really shouldn't. Again, this isn't a case where it's one .50 cal versus one 20 mil. It's a case of one to two 20 mils versus six to eight .50 cals. Assuming all guns are converging, the time to kill for the .50s should be relatively similar to that of the 20 mils. 

• Upvote 3
medal medal

But that's why I don't like playing with planes with the 50 cal, cause all the kills are mostly caused by fires and those kills r soooooo boring

Well, Kills with AIM-9X Air to Air missiles are pretty boring. Most of the time anymore, your target is well beyond visual range. That's why AIM-9X missiles don't actually do anything to targets they hit, right?

All guns seem to be under performing since 1.59 regardless of nation or caliber.

Hit detection is now a distant memory. I am not a great player, but I do hold my own.

Very, very rare for me to complete a game without at least 2, 3, or 4 kills. I haven't had

so many 0 kill games since I was a newbie 2 1/2 years ago. Other patches have had

their issues, but nothing like what I have been experiencing this past week.

Even my Russians. So much for Bias. :D

HD is totally broken for me.

InB4 anyone cries potato, my internet speed is 23 mbps, ping = 50, PL - 0, FPS = 70 to 100.

CPU = FX 4100 4 core 3.6 Gb, GPU = Nvidia GTX 960 2 Gb DDR5, RAM = 16 Gb, OS = Win 10/64.

Agreed, not a real high end machine, but certainly not a potato and with a halfway decent internet speed.

EDIT:  Oops, I forgot that this was the RB forum, but everything I said still applies to both AB & RB.

Still can't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle.  :D

Edited by rayrayblues
medal

Today i wasted hundreds of bullets on a me-410, i was flying p-38. I saw every hit, he was like christmas tree but still there was no fire. At the end i critted his elevator but, this should have been happened long time ago, not after hundreds of m2 rounds.

medal

Today i wasted hundreds of bullets on a me-410, i was flying p-38. I saw every hit, he was like christmas tree but still there was no fire. At the end i critted his elevator but, this should have been happened long time ago, not after hundreds of m2 rounds.

Yesterday when flying the D-30 with you the stealth belt for 50cals for me were still good guns. Not at their former glory, but still good guns.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Today's patch

Damage model

• Kinetic damage for 12.7 and 13mm ammo has been fixed, “practice ball” and tracer rounds have had their damage increased and now is closer to Ap and AP-I rounds’ damage, whilst retaining the differences in penetration values and ballistics.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Today's patch

Damage model

• Kinetic damage for 12.7 and 13mm ammo has been fixed, “practice ball” and tracer rounds have had their damage increased and now is closer to Ap and AP-I rounds’ damage, whilst retaining the differences in penetration values and ballistics.

Edited by jorelo
medal medal

We'll have to see if that works out, I guess. You will forgive me if I'm not terribly optimistic these days.

Okay, after a few rounds, I have noticed little to no difference in universal belts. They may have "fixed" AP rounds, but it seems like API still isn't nearly as damaging as it should be.

Edited by The_Lieutenant
  • Upvote 1

Yesterday when flying the D-30 with you the stealth belt for 50cals for me were still good guns. Not at their former glory, but still good guns.

6 of them should do the trick in anyway.

I'll fly p-38 again to see if there is any change.

medal

from what I heard, today's fix is mainly for very close range like 10 to 100m.

Late M2 still seems pretty good, but early M2 doesn't imo.
medal

from what I heard, today's fix is mainly for very close range like 10 to 100m.

Which makes .50's.... about equally as pointless. That's fantastic. "Well, the .50s are all better now, provided you're basically ramming your opponent when you open fire. Any further, and they'll just make your target laugh at you." *Realism intensifies*

• Upvote 2

.50cal changes aren't in effect yet, please actually read the post before making incorrect claims.

This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours

medal medal medal

The update doesn't cocern the U.S 0.50 cals but the Italian and japanese 12.7

And you found this where, or are we just randomly stating things?

the update say: 12.7x81.....americans have 12.7x99 bullets, italians and japanese have 12,7x81

That is not what it says.

Damage model
  • Kinetic damage for 12.7х81 and 13х64 rounds has been increased.
  • Upvote 1