Sign in to follow this  
Pz_KpfW

What is "Send to holiday" and what does it do?

All it does is remove the vehicle from your crew slot, that is the only purpose it serves. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

All it does is remove the vehicle from your crew slot, that is the only purpose it serves. 

Yeah, you can always put the vehicle back in said vehicle slot without penalty.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Please note that the training you accrue and spend on the crew slot stays with the slot.

Best advice is to only drive a few slots (I only use two for each country)

The reason for this is that you will accrue training when you drive a vehicle, but that stays with the crew slot that is used, NOT the vehicle.

So if you spread your vehicle over several slots, you will have many average trained crews, instead of one or two highly experienced crew slots.

• Upvote 1
medal

You can use it to temporarily remove your top BR vehicle to lower your BR, for example.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Note that when you add the crew back to a vehicle after sending it to holiday, the crew will have lost their qualification for that vehicle if you bought one previously, and you have to buy it again for them.

Also, i tried sending to holiday my high BR vehicles in arcade to see if i could play at a lower tier and it did not work. I ended up with tier 1 vehicles in a tier 2 game, so send to holiday seems useless.

I personally never used it because it seemed pointless. I mean this is war soldier, there's no "Holidays" in war and I'm not sending you anywhere!!!

Now get back in your tank and knock it off.  :lol:

And get those neck ties back on or else  :learn:

:Ps

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Note that when you add the crew back to a vehicle after sending it to holiday, the crew will have lost their qualification for that vehicle if you bought one previously, and you have to buy it again for them.

Also, i tried sending to holiday my high BR vehicles in arcade to see if i could play at a lower tier and it did not work. I ended up with tier 1 vehicles in a tier 2 game, so send to holiday seems useless.

bull shit.

if you are low tier gamer going through tech tree then you just swap them when you research any new vehicle, but if you have researched whole tech tree and have 100+ vehicles then it comes handy. sending to holiday is no more than draw back vehicle from current lineup, so high br vehicle wont mess up your low br lineup. of course you can later bring it back without any problems. trained crew remain trained. same with qualification. and keep in mind that br has nothing to do with tier. for example tier 3 vehicle can have lower br than tier 2 vehicle.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

On 6/9/2016 at 8:22 PM, *Hiortintexas said:

Please note that the training you accrue and spend on the crew slot stays with the slot.

Best advice is to only drive a few slots (I only use two for each country)

The reason for this is that you will accrue training when you drive a vehicle, but that stays with the crew slot that is used, NOT the vehicle.

So if you spread your vehicle over several slots, you will have many average trained crews, instead of one or two highly experienced crew slots.

Are you saying that if you only use 2 slots when you play, wouldn't that mean you would only have access to two "vehicles" at a time during a battle? And how would a "crew slot" accrue xp and not the vehicle itself, do you level up your crew slots?? Wouldn't you want 5 slots like normal so you can play for the longest amount of time being able to respawn 5 times? I think my head is going to explode, that vein in the middle of my forehead is like pulsating. Either i'm just seriously low IQ and rode the short bus when I went to school, or this is just a tanks thing, or this actually does make sense in which case I will eat my hat. Good day sir.

Send to Holiday - Is just a Typing / Gramatical Error that makes no logical sense in English and it has been in War Thunder for years!!

Im suprised it has not been bug reported and fixed
ohh nm nobody wants to fill out a giant form and upload log files and dx diag just to report a Spelling Mistake.

But there are many more atleast 25-30 Major spelling mistakes been around for year but there is no way to easily report them

Edited by Sshadow2015
  • Upvote 1

All it does is clear that slot. Nothing more. As Hiortintexas said, experience is collected. I usually have the first slot for fighters, the second slot for bombers, the third and fourth slot for attackers. Comprende? This way I can upgrade the G-tolerance in my fighters, and gunner vitality in bombers.

Edited by GeneralLee2000

Then it should be from  " Send to holiday"  to "Clear Slot" as a fix.

1 min task for a junior developer to fix in line in code for all types and modes in War Thunder Menus!

Someone should just notify a developer to get it done........... I always thought I might lose the air-craft if I "Sent to holiday" :facepalm:  :D

Edited by SkyKnight2014
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SkyKnight2014 said:

Then it should be from  " Send to holiday"  to "Clear Slot" as a fix.

1 min task for a junior developer to fix on line in code!

Someone should just notify a developer to get it done........... I always thought I might lose the air-craft if I "Sent to holiday" :facepalm:  :D

No, you're fine. As far as I know, you won't be losing qualifications either.

I actually barely use this feature anyway. I just switch vehicles around.

Answered and locked!

medal medal medal medal