Northman505

Are British Tanks Good?

Even just ignoring the incorrect across the board penetration of  the majority of Western Cold weaponry, the deliberately broken damage profile of Solid Shot against HE Filler AP shot is one of the biggest problems of WT GF. Solid Shot shells can literally fly through an entire tank and do no damage. I had 20 Pounder full AP shells penetrate the thickest armor of a tank but because I had placed my shell Just 1 cm too far to the right, the game decides that this massive hunk of metal just fly through the tank and out the back without do a single point of damage. The Shrapnel from all the Hardened Metal the shell pushed out of the way while penetrating the tank just flat out disappear meanwhile any APHE shell(no matter the size) will explode with every piece able to kill or destroy any component of a tank. In Gaijin's Damage Model, a 120mm piece of armor sent flying into the interior of tank followed by a 48mm penetrator will do less damage than a 75mm APHE shell.

Solid Shot is broken because the damage model Insists that Physics don't work properly.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

55 minutes ago, LordMoistBlaster said:

Solid Shot shells can literally fly through an entire tank and do no damage. I had 20 Pounder full AP shells penetrate the thickest armor of a tank but because I had placed my shell Just 1 cm too far to the right, the game decides that this massive hunk of metal just fly through the tank and out the back without do a single point of damage. The Shrapnel from all the Hardened Metal the shell pushed out of the way while penetrating the tank just flat out disappear meanwhile any APHE shell(no matter the size) will explode with every piece able to kill or destroy any component of a tank. In Gaijin's Damage Model, a 120mm piece of armor sent flying into the interior of tank followed by a 48mm penetrator will do less damage than a 75mm APHE shell.

Solid Shot is broken because the damage model Insists that Physics don't work properly.

...and another document talking about what happens when a round penetrates the frontal armour, and then strikes the rear armour. Hint: the Shell fragments spraying shrapnel all over the place.

medal medal

18 hours ago, Jarms said:

Which happened. The Matilda is now 2.7 and the Churchill 3.0, I actually think this might be too low for the Churchill. I always thought the armour was fine for 3.3 the problem was the gun, something that the 2-pdr APCNR and/or 3-inch HEAT round could have solved.

Would point out, that happened in all game modes but AB, where the two tanks are still at 3.0 and 3.3, unfortunately the person you were replying to didn't mention which game mode they were referring to, only can guess they were on about AB judging from his stats.

I do find them both somewhat lacking in AB considering the pen indicator tends to give away weak spots with ease.

medal medal medal medal