Northman505

Are British Tanks Good?

11 hours ago, Ta_Kanata18 said:

Are you expecting him to talking about 4.0+ Br Brits tanks?

I don't expect him to have much of a clue what he's talking about....

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12/29/2016 at 1:44 AM, Razielkaine said:

id seen this argument before when the brits came out and the conquerors gun was mislabeled and other things.  the ammo issue came up but sources were found that showed it was legit.  i didnt look into it personally.

What sources are you referring to? A HESH round under the L37 designation does not exist, it is a red smoke round for the Abbot SPG. This can be clearly seen here

Flickr_-_davehighbury_-_Royal_Artillery_

Edited by Mercedes4321
medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Been_Benuane said:

I don't expect him to have much of a clue what he's talking about....

I do know what I'm talking about, I went back to playing German tanks after getting stuck in British 3.7 BR, and played a couple of games getting 5-8 kills in them, while I usually get 0-4 kills with British tanks, after that day I knew it was't my fault sucking at British tanks

4 minutes ago, ImDoneFor said:

I do know what I'm talking about, I went back to playing German tanks after getting stuck in British 3.7 BR, and played a couple of games getting 5-8 kills in them, while I usually get 0-4 kills with British tanks, after that day I knew it was't my fault sucking at British tanks

Actualy that is exactly your problem. Most people who fail in Brit tanks do so because they play them like German or Russian and expect samd results

• Upvote 1
medal medal

55 minutes ago, Fallenkezef said:

Actualy that is exactly your problem. Most people who fail in Brit tanks do so because they play them like German or Russian and expect samd results

I dont play like German or Russian, I left the game for a year after playing Germany AB until 4.0 BR with only tank destroyers, then when I went back to it(after a year), I started playing British RB, played and got destroyed until 3.7 BR, Decided to play Germany for a little bit, got 5-8 kills, im not used to playing German tanks at all,I only knew how to use TD, But I got that many kills without even knowing how to play them...

Its REALLY obvious that Germans are MUCH easier to play, I don't know about Russians though. you can't deny it.

Edit: Especially tier 3.7, Its full of OP Pz,IV F2s and OP 88 flak trucks, flak trucks take a VERY long time to kill with british tanks, they have 6 crew members, and even if you shot these small ammo boxes in the back they wont explode(I managed to do it A LOT, sniping ammo racks from accros the map, but failing to detonate them almost always, I remember the only time I detonated them, I was too happy until I relized it didnt even kill the whole crew.. and the guy just ran behind cover)

Edited by ImDoneFor

Everyone knows Germans are easier, grinding them myself and didn't have to work for killd till 4.7.

However I do well in all Brit brs from 1.0 to 4.0. 

medal medal

50 minutes ago, Fallenkezef said:

Everyone knows Germans are easier, grinding them myself and didn't have to work for killd till 4.7.

However I do well in all Brit brs from 1.0 to 4.0. 

Still not easy at all for a new player like me, they are under performing and harder to use. Americans are not as bad, I enjoy the Sherman 2 with 3.7 BR, eventhough its worse than the American ones, british in 4.0 BR are not that bad, the Churchill and the Achilles are excellent, but the 3.0 that gets you matched with 88 flak and Pz4F2s is Truly a nightmare mode, have you tried it recently?

Edited by ImDoneFor

29 minutes ago, ImDoneFor said:

Still not easy at all for a new player like me, they are under performing and harder to use. Americans are not as bad, I enjoy the Sherman 2 with 3.7 BR, eventhough its worse than the American ones, british in 4.0 BR are not that bad, the Churchill and the Achilles are excellent, but the 3.0 that gets you matched with 88 flak and Pz4F2s is Truly a nightmare mode, have you tried it recently?

My 3.0 lineup is one of my faves. Sometimes I am in 3.7 games and it isn't easy true. Most of the time I am top dog spanking panzer 2's and 3's

medal medal

17 minutes ago, Fallenkezef said:

My 3.0 lineup is one of my faves. Sometimes I am in 3.7 games and it isn't easy true. Most of the time I am top dog spanking panzer 2's and 3's

how? I always get matched with pz4f2s and flak trucks...

Does anyone know if DEVS are planning on buffing the spalling effect more? ..Seems like that's a big missing piece to playing Brits. 

Playing the US, I've definitely had to learn the solid shot approach to knocking out tanks. However the spalling in this game seems to be on the weaker side? But maybe that's reserved for HESH rounds which I haven't used yet. 

medal medal

British tanks are great AWESOME starting tanks except for the teriarch. the Shermans are good. i wonder if solid shells can stay in tanks is that possible? HE JAMED MY ENGINE WITH A SOLID SHOT :)

16 hours ago, Tactical_Recon said:

Currently the british tank are WAY too overpowered. They are in need of a HUGE ******* NERF. I recommend you to not be an xxxxxxx and use the british tanks.

The Brits need 3 shots to kill anything German between 5.7-7.0 and 2-3 to kill anything American (if you're lucky), while everyone else can OHK the Brits with APHE in turn. 

Totally OP. 

The only round at higher tiers which can easily OHK is HESH, and it's the most RNG round in game. 

Edited by *AllahHuAirlines
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, *AllahHuAirlines said:

The Brits need 3 shots to kill anything German between 5.7-7.0 and 2-3 to kill anything American (if you're lucky), while everyone else can OHK the Brits with APHE in turn. 

Totally OP. 

The only round at higher tiers which can easily OHK is HESH, and it's the most RNG round in game. 

Yeah. Methinks "recon" got outplayed; IE,constantly shot at a hulled down Brit to no effect, or something of that caliber, then came on here to rage.

You've got the right of it.  Brits done right are not OP and still fun(ish) until your APDS suddenly turns out to be a tomato and gets stopped by the face of a crewmember or sheet-metal radio.

Edited by Hauptmann_Ritter
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'd say the difficulty really depends on that you play with in the British line. I've been non-stop grinding for a good few month through the BRs and there are oddballs, neutral and very good British tanks. I'll outline my experiences with each below:

First of all, I would say there are tanks you should try to avoid, even though some of them can get you nice games. First off, I tended to avoid the Valentines. Mainly because they were slow and really don't hold any armour. Guns are not bad imo. What ruined it for me was the time it took to reach battle, and then if you die, you've wasted a lot of the match :). The Archer is kind of a hit and miss depending on your playstyle. If you like patrolling/defending an area of the map for the full game, then I would take it. However if you're an aggressive player like me, it simply hinders your ability to destroy targets because the gun is mounted rearwards as you may know. And last but not least, I would avoid the Churchill Mk VII simply because it does not have the pen to reliably destroy targets. There really isn't anything that will have a problem destroying you. Although Russians at 4.3 and lower can't pen you frontally, they can flank you in seconds and you're dead. It's just not fun.

However, anything after the Achilles, Firefly and Churchill Mk VII is just great (competitive). Though they do lack the armour, they are very mobile and have nice reload times and penetration values (even top tier like Chieftain with 10s reload).

I would say they require more skill and patience to master but they are very good tanks. Definitely give it a shot.

medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Jarms said:

The only British tank I've hated so far is the Archer.

I personally didn't enjoy the play style but I didn't hate the tank.  The one tank I ended up hating was the Matilda.  This makes me sad because it's one of my favourite tanks IRL and in game it's over tiered and faces late.war tank designs and is expected to perform. I ended up hating it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Started british tanks a while ago.

Up to 2.3 they are decent, fast and their guns are good. However at 2.3 and up  you're often uptiered to fight 3.3+ which are hard to swallow, especially Germany because of the long 75mm guns that can delete even your heavy tanks with one click, and T-34 because QF 75mm and 6 pdr struggle with the sloped armor.

I'm not above 3.3 yet, but at 5.7+ british tanks are currently too effective from playing against them. IMO some BR changes should happen at 3.3 Germany and maybe Russia, with the most effective vehicles going up a notch, while at 5.7+ some of the british vehicles go up a bit.

medal

Well, I've unlocked almost all British tanks except the Conqueror and the Falcon and I have grinded a good half of the air tech tree. What I can say is that a LOT of tanks suffer from a lot of missing/wrong mechanics like Regenerative steering, APHE overperforming etc... (Won't talk too much about that, enough thread). 

First, all tanks may feel a little underpowered in front of their counterparts, but the British tanks teach you how to aim and know weakpoints of each and every tanks that you might encounter, they rely on their High pen/low damage (not so low for some tanks but you get it).

Things starts to get better once you get to the Achilles, and all 17pdr tanks, one of my favorites tanks, I have even buy the premium one. You can pen pretty much everything, and at less than 5.7, tanks are so small that the solid shot used are pretty deadly. BR is important for UK tanks, one easy exemple is the Firefly, once was at 5.0... Well people from that time would say that the firefly was the worst tank of the tech tree, and I would agree, but since it was moved to 4.7, it's one of the best sherman and sniper of it's BR !

Moving above, you get where the British tech tree get the better, at 5.7, you get the Centurion Mk.1, my favorite tank atm (Sucks that they didn't give the one with the 20mm coax :( ) it just feel like the first MBT (exactly what it is in fact), combining the armor and the firepower of a heavy with the profil and the mobility of a medium (well, a big medium). I won't say it overperform, it can bounce quite a few shot, and well, can penetrate anything, but for me the british tech was made with one idea in mind from the developers : either you choose the power of OHK anything with APHE or the power of penetrating anything with APDS, at least at this BR range. People would say that it's OP, but making it a 6.0 and you will destroy this tank.

Moving next, you will have the first tanks in the game to receive a stabilizer with the Centurion Mk.3 and the FV4202, and well, this is very good, all the suffering of lower tier is greatly rewarded ! But all the tanks above this suffer greatly from the absence of regenerative steering, trust me that the chieftain would be even more of a beast if it didn't acted like a T-34.

medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, Jarms said:

The only British tank I've hated so far is the Archer.

I really enjoyed the Archer once I figured out how to drive it LOL.  

But then that's one of the things I love about the British tech tree are the sometimes unique  approaches to problems.

"Gun too big for the platform? Just put it on backwards m8" :D

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Chieftain mk 3 is awesome. Other tanks are just overpriced trash. You need prem account to make any money. Cent Mk 10 costs 6K repair beacous you have to shoot tier 2H bambilion times to kill him. Lower tiers are just full of bad armor + solid shot and APDS doesnt ammorack when you need it.

Edited by ShowMeYourMemes
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 09/09/2017 at 4:17 AM, P8triot said:

"Gun too big for the platform? Just put it on backwards m8" :D

They even made it out to be an advantage. Once your ambush location has been spotted it was easier to retreat because you didn't need to turn around. :D

medal