Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6

SubRyan

I talked to Ryan and the power figures given in the datasheet may not be fully correct. Therefor I will test performance once 1.59 goes live to confirm any inaccuracies.

[spoiler]I am sorry but the historical correctness of this new data-sheet seems highly unlikely, for reasons of breaking physics alone. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely do appreciate the 'fixing' of broken critical altitudes in the previous patch 1.57, this is great.

However, you, Gaijin, are trying to tell me that the DB-605 AM engine has the following performance at critical altitudes:

Second stage fully declutched: 1855 PS at 600m

Second stage fully clutched: 1835 PS at 4050m

In other words, the 2nd stage only requires 20 PS to compress all the air at 4km to the pressure of 600m. How likely is it that the second stage only uses 20 PS? Not very. I don't really feel like digging up the formulas now to calculate it, but it should be impossible.

You can just compare it to the DB 605 A engine, which is the same engine basically, and you will see the second stage takes much more power from the engine. Or just look at some test, i.e. http://kurfurst.org/Performance_tests/109G14_May44trials/G14_erflogen_May44_viaGGHopp.jpg

1700 PS at 4.1 km, no more.[/spoiler]

Edited by Juliet_Six
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Had time to install the patch now and properly test the engine performance. Comparison with 1.57 and historical figures/estimates based on various sources from the internet included. If anyone has sources that validate the developer's performance curve, I would be curious to see them. The critical altitude with second stage decoupled was fixed, but the rest of the performance seems messed up.

IqqttjI.png

Edited by Juliet_Six
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Had time to install the patch now and properly test the engine performance. Comparison with 1.57 and historical figures/estimates based on various sources from the internet included. If anyone has sources that validate the developer's performance curve, I would be curious to see them. The critical altitude with second stage decoupled was fixed, but the rest of the performance seems messed up.

IqqttjI.png

That is so funny.

medal