DisconnecT83

Update 17.05.2016 (1.57.4.69)

• A bug, whereby the earth was visible in the sniper scope view while flying through clouds, has been fixed.
  • A bug which would occur while switching to gunner mode, where the camera direction would remain in the direction of flight, has been fixed.
  • A bug, which would stop the possibility of using turrets on aircraft with the “schräge musik” system, has been fixed.
  • The display of snow while flying through cloudless areas has been fixed.
  • The ability to display the level and qualification of crew has been added to the crew slots in the hangar.
  • The ability to display squadrons has been added to the social panel.
  • Information regarding the caliber, weight and initial speed of rockets has been added to the modification card for rocket tanks.
  • The names of weaponry for rocket tanks has been corrected. Now, the modification card will show the rocket name and amount.
  • Client stability has been improved.

Note: This update applies to PC/Linux/Mac users. If applicable, PS4 Users will receive the update as soon as possible.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 6

• Information regarding the caliber, weight and initial speed of rockets has been added to the modification card for rocket tanks.

Could you please also display the type of the rocket (HEAT, HE,...)?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Could you please also display the type of the rocket (HEAT, HE,...)?

Last little additional update
The names of weaponry for rocket tanks has been corrected. Now, the modification card will show the rocket name and amount.

• Upvote 1

Last little additional update
The names of weaponry for rocket tanks has been corrected. Now, the modification card will show the rocket name and amount.

rocket name is not indication on what warhead is inside. Sure I can google it but having confirmation in game would be nice - even if just to check that it's correctly modelled.
Also for HEAT rockets penetration values would be nice. Easy since they do not depend on range - just 3 values 0/30/60 deg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• The ability to display the level and qualification of crew has been added to the crew slots in the hangar.

I do not see these changes ingame :x

Restart game client and take a look below your crew list in hangar :)

• Upvote 1

[quote name="Stona" post="6148335" timestamp="1463489947"]

Restart game client and take a look below your crew list in hangar :)[/quote]

I don't see it either with or without WIP client. Funnily enough, I did see the changes before the patch notes were published but not anymore.

Tried deleting config.blk and all the logs/cache, still nope.

EDIT: Apparently, you gotta post in forums for it to start working, nevermind that I checked it for about 20 times before.

Stona (Posted )

lol :D
  • Upvote 2

hey have you also disabled kill notifications in simulator? I kinda don't like it because there's something special after you get a tank kill getting that "Ground Unit Destroyed" at the middle of the screen in that beige color or whatever :P

otherwise I'm glad rockets have got info now.

• A bug, which would stop the possibility of using turrets on aircraft with the “schräge musik” system, has been fixed.

Can we shift the schrage musik/jazz guns to tertiary fire mode or at least have an option to do that? None of the aircraft with these guns actually have a third weaponary option and because switching guns actually changes the gun you uses, it means your whole view shifts up when you enable it which can be annoying for users with head tracking as such. I don't have a head tracking device myself but it does get annoying for me too.

This update has made planes invisible against a background of clouds
when the planes are viewed through sniper scope of 1-15 WR reserve.

Sniper scope still works at max zoom but all other zoom levels causes
above sniper scope invisible plane bug.

Filed a bug report for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1PKd1W8uPA

medal

•  
  • The display of snow while flying through cloudless areas has been fixed.
  •  

Finally, thanks, it was ver annoying (and FPS consuming) to have snow in sunny, clear days.

Any word on fixing the inverse FPS/clouds relationship? The more clouds, the less FPS in game...

medal medal medal

Im usually worried about UI changes, but I ended up liking this more than I thought I would.  Nice little change!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Removed HIT and KILL notifications in SIM mode... quite a heavy change if you ask me, why it's not mentioned?

I don't like it much, but I understand it's a good thing for SIMULATION.

medal medal medal

I do not like the circular hit indicator when you shoot at aircraft. I'd rather you just make hits more visible like adding more sparks and pieces flying off the enemy vehicles. That new hit indicator kind of gets in the way.

medal medal medal

• It will nice if I can choose display the level or not. I really don't like the new look of crew slots now. 
medal

I've hope that would have also mean to have a marker for any crew waiting for the choice of just achieved XP points, to avoid the lengthy process to open all used crews to look for that after a battle.

I know there is an icon appearing on the plane square but it seems to me to show itself just after a certain amount of collected XP points, whereas it's worthwhile to increase crew level as soon as possible (i.e. as soon as they are earned).

By accident I stumbled across a "new" feature and tested it extensively in custom battles. All planes that can equip mk108 cannons can destroy medium tanks and pillboxes with 2-3 hits from all sides (even with default belts). This was never mentioned in any patch notes whatsoever and the mk108s are listed to have a max penetration of 13mm, but are now able to slice through the front of a sherman without any problems.

I was able to destroy half the tanks on sicily with the 65 rounds the K4 has (medicore aim)

Is this intentional?

[attachment=200456:mk108 1.png]

[attachment=200457:mk108 2.png]

medal medal medal medal

While playing Tier IV British planes, I have noticed a substantial difference in bombo hit detection (spcifically with the 500 lb bombs).   When dropping bombs on ground units, about 60% of bombs hit regardless of where they are dropped on the targets. I have even tried dropping bombs on AA vehicles and not hit the target despite the bomb detonating in immediate proximity to the target? There was a similar hit detection issue two patches ago where none of the bombs worked. Is it possible to reasonably solve this issue?