DisconnecT83

Update 13.05.2016 (Server Update)

This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

• Game modes for the ground vehicle location “Mozdok” has been changed. Now each mode will located in its own part of the map and the minimap will display the battlefield location correctly. The distance between respawn points in RB and SB has been increased compared to the distance in AB.
  • The ability to preview how 3D decorations looks on the vehicle before buying has been added.

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 9

• Game modes for the ground vehicle location “Mozdok” has been changed. Now each mode will located in its own part of the map and the minimap will display the battlefield location correctly. The distance between respawn points in RB and SB has been increased compared to the distance in AB.

If that means you've made the map bigger, awesome!

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal

Quick overview of new gamemode layouts:

Domination AB:

[spoiler]Ad3lQYy.png[/spoiler]

Domination RB:

[spoiler]cDwIukm.png[/spoiler]

Conquest #1 AB:

[spoiler]R7yfdE0.png[/spoiler]

Conquest #1 RB:

[spoiler]42TpnjU.png[/spoiler]

Conquest #2 AB:

[spoiler]dezsTBK.png[/spoiler]

Conquest #2 RB:

[spoiler]MB7Szjm.png[/spoiler]

Conquest #3 AB:

[spoiler]nyuFwfZ.png[/spoiler]

Conquest #3 RB:

[spoiler]JOLiKTM.png[/spoiler]

There is one issue I've noticed with the new layouts. In Conquest #1 and Conquest #2 in both AB and RB, the capture point is moved to the side of the map. This cause a balancing issue with airspawns. let's have a look at Conquest #2 in AB and RB:

[spoiler]

UAJj9Qx.png

tdmg052.png

[/spoiler]

As you can see, both in AB and RB, one side spawns way closer to the battlefield. That doesn't matter in random battles, but will make this mode unfair in Squadron Battles. It's going to be the same as on Normandy where planes spawning above see can get to targets a few seconds faster than the ones spawning above land, which gives one team an advantage.

All in all I like how this map changes with the new layouts, and how particularly Conquest #2 makes a use of an area which was previously abandoned in most battles. I've spawned in a tank in this mode, and didn't even know where I was. ;)s

I'd like to suggest removing Conquest #1 and Conquest #2 from Squadron Battles though.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

I welcome both of these new changes! Well done! 

• Upvote 2

There seems to be something wrong with this patch - I've just joined a battle (sim GF event) on Mozdok and I can't spawn with my Jagdtiger. The "To battle" button is black and when I press it anyway, it says "No available respawn base". The game mode was "Break".

No one else was probably able to spawn in tanks either - there were only people in planes. As far as I could tell by looking at the scoreboard anyway.

[email protected] (Posted )

Please make a bug report. https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/655-moderated-bug-reports/

Remember to attach .clog file from the session and your dxdiag.txt file.
  • Upvote 1
medal

This deserves more credit 

The distance between respawn points in RB and SB has been increased compared to the distance in AB.

Hi,

AB Ground.........nice touch with the being able to shoot the spawn from the cap points now and I'm not talking about the hill in the middle.

Is this the direction that all maps for AB are going to be taking because its starting to look that way.

I really don't know what to say other than to ask why are you designing maps for spawn camping?

I don't have a problem normally with spawn camping, if it happens, they I'm on a team that has lost, so be it

but from cap points................

So yes, nice update, really enjoyed respawning in my Ferdinand in the open, no cover in front of a jagdtiger sat on a cap point half a map away with cover behind a hill crest.

Why not make it even more easy for them and have my Ferdinand at least face the jagdtiger backwards.

Love the game, love the direction.....have no idea what you are doing with the new maps in AB other than thinking we are too stupid to use tactics

and that we want the game over inside 2 minutes.....because we play AB.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i is highway star now, this is gud news

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Another complaint: just had another game on Mozdok, game mode "Battle" this time and all the spawn places and basis were located in the bottom left part of the map. Effectively limiting the map to one quarter (at best) of its size. The whole map is still available but still, this is certainly not what I'd wished for. And I believe many others sim GF players will feel the same.

medal

Good to see that the spawns are further away on Mozdok in RBs and SBs.  Hopefully we'll see more adjustments of that sort on the other maps as well to make them a bit less "spawn-campy".

That's strange because this is the exact opposite of that one "Battle" game I had on Mozdok yesterday (sim event). See my post above.

On "Break" no one could even spawn in tanks (I made a bug report about it).

Only "Domination" was sort of OK but I'm not sure this improved version is better. AFAIR previously there were two spawn places available to both teams (rather far away from each other already), now there's only one, only possibly even further from each other. I'm torn whether that's better or not.

medal