Update 06.05.2016 (1.57.4.29)

• Support for Oculus Rift CV1 (Windows, DX11) has been added.

PS4

• PS4: improved sky and clouds render.
  • PS4: Fixed POV on Saitek Pro Flight X-55.

New vehicles

• KV-2 mod. 1940
  • Richard Bong’s P-38J

Interface

• Indication for water and oil aircraft engine leak have been added

Misc

• New decorations have been added to the "Other" section
  • Client stability improved

Note: This update applies to PC/Linux/Mac users. If applicable, PS4 Users will receive the update as soon as possible.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

Stona (Posted )

KV-2 and P-38J are now on servers. If you already unlocked them, simply restart game client.
  • Upvote 10

New vehicles

• KV-2 mod. 1940 - will be added to the game a few hours after the update release
  • Richard Bong’s P-38J - will be added to the game a few hours after the update release

Interface

• Indication for water and oil aircraft engine leak have been added

Noice  :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I've completed required amount of missions for P-38J and KV-2 mod.1940 but still cant see my reward in the tech tree. When i will be able to actually use them?

Stona (Posted )

"will be added to the game a few hours after the update release" ;)
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Oh cool, so you don't have to look behind you now to find out if you have a leakage

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Er, I've had the leakage indicator on the HUD for a long time now, or was that part supposed to be for PS4? /confused

That said, what's the timeframe on the addition of Bong's P-38? Hell, when exactly did the patch even go live?

medal medal medal

im playing 2 or 3 times a week, and each time i want to start play i have to start downloading +500mb, seriously im tired of this. Few model textures and some code should not weight so much even if HD

Stona (Posted )

But they are :(
  • Upvote 1
medal

Great work (specially the oil and water indicators)

But why Oculus rift so soon?
When there are better and cheaper alternatives coming and some already out.

Stona (Posted )

We are supporting Oculus since the beginning, now it's more official :)

Nice, I really feel tempted to give Sim Battles a try now... joystick, pedals and a rift paired up with WTs beautifully designed cockpits will surely feel insanely immersive. I wonder how my head would handle flights sims with a VR headset though. So far I've only toyed around with an earlier version of the rift for about an hour and felt mildly seasick afterwards.

Edited by Wundsalz
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't see the bomb fuse bug mentioned.. Was it not reported or addressed?

I did not, but, there was a thread on the PS4 forum about it..  I would have to do a video for the report.   But, in a nut shell, the "fuse" does not work on anything but, "assault" or "0.5" anything else it resets to "0.5"..

Stona (Posted )

Please submit a bug report :)

PureGT_Muzz@psn (Posted )

Issue has already been reported and forwarded to the developers.

---

Tracker ID
medal

I need some help. Since this update when I press spacebar it opens binoculars. I have already set my own bind for binos and when I play Simulator tanks I tend to press spacebar a lot so now it's a nuissance for me. Is there anyway to disable spacebar from opening binoculars? It seems to have been introduced in this update.

My situational awareness has improved tenfold playing in VR with oculus.

Yesterday while paying online I made 2 kills AND made it back to airfield landing for the first time EVER thanks to my oculus.

And landing was never such a joy!....Don't even get me started on flying whisking thru clouds. I feel like I actually am a pilot!V

• Upvote 1
medal