DisconnecT83

Update 27.04.2016 (1.57.2.162)

• Bug, where in “zero visibility” and “Evening” time of the day landscapes, the settings of the graphics for “compatibility with older video cards” was incorrectly lighted has been fixed.
  • Bug, where decals on some vehicles wouldn’t be applied using the option “display on both sides” has been fixed.
  • Issue in which there is some flickering in the clouds for settings when for “compatibility with older video cards” selection has been fixed.
  • Bug, causing graphical freeze during changing of view mode from “free view” has been fixed.
  • Bug, where “turning off” gunners led to the pilot controlled guns being disabled on PBJ-1H has been fixed.
  • A rare bug which caused a game client freeze at the game start on old graphic cards on Windows XP has been fixed.

Note: This update applies to PC/Linux/Mac users. If applicable, PS4 Users will receive the update as soon as possible.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 10

What? AI gunners can be turned off? Does it have a default key? What is the key? Or is it in the settings?

medal medal medal

Is it gonna be client stability improved? *awaits page loading* Oh wow. *claps impressively*

• Issue in which there is some flickering in the clouds for settings when for “compatibility with older video cards” selection has been fixed.

yay

Bug, where “turning off” gunners led to the pilot controlled guns being disabled on PBJ-1H has been fixed

Aircraft specific? Any idea how that happened?

• Bug, where decals on some vehicles wouldn’t be applied using the option “display on both sides” has been fixed.

Just note that on some vehicles the mirroring positioning is not perfect. [spoiler]also don't refer me to the bug section thanks[/spoiler]

After this update, before starting the game , a window with " Integrated GPU detected.Switching to GPU selected for better performance." appeared . And it actually made it worse.From 40+ frames,after this it came to 20- . If anyone knows something about this issue and may tell me,I would appreciate it. :)s

Stona (Posted )

Try here: http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/598-hardware-driver-problems-and-advice/
medal

What? AI gunners can be turned off? Does it have a default key? What is the key? Or is it in the settings?

how do you "turn off" gunners?

There is no default button, you need to assign one by yourself.

WrZ2Yhw.jpg

• Upvote 7

• A rare bug which caused a game client freeze at the game start on old graphic cards on Windows XP has been fixed.

Oh wait, did I just see Windows XP?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I still havent found out why you can no longer

drop bombs/rockets/torpedoes with bombers

while in gunners view?

after losing this feature bombers (especialy german ones) have become a complete stupidity to play.

they cant take much damage from fighters (can kill you in just one quick run), or even attack aircraft and other (US/UK) bombers.

the AI gunners are useless as always, even when upgraded to maximum,

and the bomber sight view is practically nothing  more than an obstacle while switching views.

i could go on about climb rate and carrying capabilities etc,...

but the point is that bombers, especially the poorly defended germans, have become just a XP fodder for other players.

Stona (Posted )

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/29-aircraft-discussion/ Patch notes are not a place for discussion on game mechanics.

Yay! I was waiting for that fix a loooooooooong time! Thanks a lot! :good:

Only thing I noticed now while testing is that on very angled surfaces (e.g. T-34 sloped hull side), when switching to double sided the decal gets stretched somewhat. So flat on the surface (vertical to surface) it's distorted, but seen from the side (with surface sloped), it actually appears correct, so that's actually ok.

Glad to hear this bug has finally been fixed! +1

• Upvote 1

Yeah go to menu, controls, basic and scroll to the bottom and bind the "Toggle Gunners" to a key.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

how do you "turn off" gunners?

yeah go to menu. controls, basic and scroll down to the bottom and bind the "toggle Gunners" to a key you want.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

from 3 o 4 days (I play only tanks arcade) when in game I see EVER a strange effect. all the time in battle I always see the outline of the wagon that very disturbs the vision. shadows and strange perspectives (all white or all black) which cover the normal course of the battle. These effects greatly disturb the unfolding of the battle.

Stona (Posted )

Please submit bug report.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

That's strange, i had flickering with the clouds on max settings, i think it happened when tabbing out and in to the game.

With ''causing graphical freeze'' do you mean the graphics driver crashing then recovering? Because that has happened to me some times when changing view.

Edit - still have flickering clouds some times

Edited by Lucas_Kroon

Hi I appear to be having problems with this update?
Disk read/write error. Would you like to try again?
C:\WarThunder\content\pkg_main\respkg_main_aircrafts\g8n.dxp.bin
could anyone tell me what I need to do to fix?

Add War Thunder directory to the exception list on your anti virus program and try again.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Will the freezing fixes apply to Macs as well? And will we get compensated premium time? Ive not been able to play for weeks and lost all me premium, I think it would be reasonable to have compensation.

medal medal medal

Well, I downloaded it, and I still can't play. 

Stona (Posted )

Please check technical support subforum.
medal medal medal