Cloctrap

T-54/55 mod(1955-1964)

T-54/55 tank ingame  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Which modification of T-54/55 should we see in techtree ?

• T-54A (Ob'yekt 137G) year (1955 - 1957).
    • T-54B (Ob'yekt 137G2) year(1957 - 1958).
    • T-55 (Ob'yekt 155) year (1958â??1963).
    • T-55A (Ob'yekt 155A) year (1963â??1981).
    • All of the above.
    • No (Please explain why).

2 hours ago, Josh_Yong said:

@Mercedes4321 Wouldn't upgrading the '51 model be better than giving the USSR medium line another T-54 variant for now? I also think it would be nice if the T-54 with HEATFS was at 8.0 instead of 7.7, which is why I personally want to see it upgraded

I said what I said based on Gaijin's track record, they have almost never changed a vehicle ingame into another variant unless the previous designation was incorrect. They prefer to have different variants of a vehicle as different vehicles in game, which will almost certainly be the case with the later T-54s and T-55 additions into the game.

Edited by Mercedes4321

No, please, another T54/55 variant no, we have 3 variants and the only useful one is the last one with HEAT, even the T-62 is just another, T-54 with better gun.

Gaijin has opened pandora's box, adding the type 74? (don't remember right now) which is a 1975 tank.... any way every nation but Russia an USA, have more or less a 1970 tank... chieftain mk3(1969) Leo1A1(around 1972)...

Forget T55, unless they want to change one of the T54 variants into T55, now it's time to think about... T-64/A or even T-72...

12 minutes ago, TorriscoESP said:

No, please, another T54/55 variant no, we have 3 variants and the only useful one is the last one with HEAT, even the T-62 is just another, T-54 with better gun.

Gaijin has opened pandora's box, adding the type 74? (don't remember right now) which is a 1975 tank.... any way every nation but Russia an USA, have more or less a 1970 tank... chieftain mk3(1969) Leo1A1(around 1972)...

Forget T55, unless they want to change one of the T54 variants into T55, now it's time to think about... T-64/A or even T-72...

How about no to your powercreeping nonsense. The USSR does not require either of those last two vehicles you mentioned.

• Upvote 1

Yes, historically, it does. That is what he means. The only equipment comparable to Cheiftain mk.3, Leopard A1A1 and Type 74 by era is the T-10M, being equipped with APDS and HEAT ammunition, itself being 1957 platform.

T-64 was put into production in 1964, in 1966 it was available in more pieces than all Chieftain variants together. It would beat it even with the arrival of Chieftain mk.3 (in numbers) - and at that time T-64A was introduced.

That being said, I see no problem with T-54's and 55's. However, at the same time, I'd love to see stuff like Centurion mk.5, mk.7, more Chieftains... German Patton is not out of question now that we got JSDF tanks, lend-leased.

Edited by Koty1996

10 minutes ago, Koty1996 said:

Yes, historically, it does. 

Which has been proven time and again to matter very little to Gaijin when it comes to introducing vehicles.

3 hours ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Which has been proven time and again to matter very little to Gaijin when it comes to introducing vehicles.

But that is not the point of that comment.

22 hours ago, Mercedes4321 said:

How about no to your powercreeping nonsense. The USSR does not require either of those last two vehicles you mentioned.

Well, probably USSR doesn't need both for gameplay purposes, I just mentioned historical facts, with T64-A would be enough... why?, because USSR as Koty1996 mentioned, the only comparable tank it has is the T-10M but is slower, low RoF, no depression(like any other Soviet tank) and any way with all those HEAT and ATGMs, doesn't matter how much armor you have.

USSR needs a more agile tank with faster RoF and T64 is perfect for that... If T-55 is added we will have another tank more but nothing new, painful turret rotation, same armor and agility and same gun used by T34-100, T44-100, and the three T54 variants...

BTW, I would like to see also something better for Murika and more Centurions and Chieftains... Germany could get the KPz 70

1 minute ago, TorriscoESP said:

Well, probably USSR doesn't need both for gameplay purposes, I just mentioned historical facts, with T64-A would be enough... why?, because USSR as Koty1996 mentioned, the only comparable tank it has is the T-10M but is slower, low RoF, no depression(like any other Soviet tank) and any way with all those HEAT and ATGMs, doesn't matter how much armor you have.

USSR needs a more agile tank with faster RoF and T64 is perfect for that... If T-55 is added we will have another tank more but nothing new, painful turret rotation, same armor and agility and same gun used by T34-100, T44-100, and the three T54 variants...

BTW, I would like to see also something better for Murika and more Centurions and Chieftains... Germany could get the KPz 70

The turret rotation should not be bad with the T-55 actually, by that point all T-54/55 variants had an upgraded traverse rate. It also has an upgraded engine over the normal T-54s.

2 hours ago, TorriscoESP said:

You're suggesting the T-64A.

T-64A (and others) have composite armor.

That would nullify the effects of both HEAT and ATGMs which shatters your claim in the case for the T-64.

On 30/12/2016 at 6:57 PM, Retry said:

You're suggesting the T-64A.

T-64A (and others) have composite armor.

That would nullify the effects of both HEAT and ATGMs which shatters your claim in the case for the T-64.

Oh, come on, as if the hot with 800mm penetratrion wouldn't be enough to blow T-64A composite armor...

All HEAT could pen It, just it wouldn't be an easy one shot kill...

Now Japan, Germany and US have a couple of medium tanks with similar characteristics, same gun and therefore same firepower and fast rate of fire, very good maneuverability, etc... even cheaper ammo btw... British, let's see with the new additions but the brits lacks or something similar to leos, M60...etc... and Soviets have all variants which uses the 100mm gun but only the T54-1951 uses heat, then the T62, is good but much slower rate of fire, all of them bad depression, and meh armor...

the other countries but british are much better in Tier V than Soviets.

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2016 at 10:19 AM, Mercedes4321 said:

The turret rotation should not be bad with the T-55 actually, by that point all T-54/55 variants had an upgraded traverse rate. 

To 15 Deg/S?

This is what I would do i would put the 1949 t54 under the current 1947 then add in a t55. Or remove the 1951 and put it under the 1949.

Moved to Documented suggestions.

Moved to Implemented suggestions.