Stona

Update 18.04.2016 (Server Update)

This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

• Improved respawn mechanics. When changing aircraft or weapons after landing on an allied airfield, respawn points and team respawn limits will remain the same.

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 7

Question, will this improvement affect in any way situation, where you are last player alive on your team, you land, repair, you bail to rearm and suddenly tickets are going away? Will there be at least some longer time limit before tickets will go down? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

How about captured airfields being used for repair / re-arm?

Even if they change hands repeatedly in game, would make for a lot of fun.

Think this used to be part of game play a few years back.

Stona (Posted )

Depends on map, on some you can use airfield captured by ground forces.

Stona (Posted )

Depends on map, on some you can use airfield captured by ground forces.
medal

Finally! Iv'e been waiting on this for ages! Please dont **** this up.

• Upvote 2

Question, will this improvement affect in any way situation, where you are last player alive on your team, you land, repair, you bail to rearm and suddenly tickets are going away? Will there be at least some longer time limit before tickets will go down? 

yes this is a problem especially whne i am rolling my attackers. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Any chance you could change this a bit..

The leave aircraft to rearm on airfied is often exploited by players, when approched by an enemy aircraft many players tend to bail out and then wait for auto respawn, then bail out again and do this over and over while waiting for the AAA to kill the enemy.

How about changing it so that the player doesn't leave the aircraft at all, but only get the tactical map up to change ammo/bombload?

Or make it so that J-ing out on the airfield mean the same as doing it in the air, but to change bombload and ammo we have to open the tactical map by pressing M?

Or make it so that J-ing out can only be done once, the plane need to take off and land to be able to do it again, if it's done again then the player leave the plane for good?

Edited by Skeptical_Bunny
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal

Interesting - this sounds like the solution to a very specific problem in RB GF: When you landed your plane, you could  repair and only start again in the same configuration. Leaving the plane to change loadout would charge you the full SP cost for a second spawn to start again.

Is this changed now so you can start again with changed loadouts, still having your plane from the first spawn?

If so - great change!

P.S.: I just wondered: planes in fighter configuration have lower SP cost than in attacker config - once you land them and arm them up with bombs, is the difference in SP charged as you change loadout?

medal medal medal medal

The leave aircraft to rearm on airfied is often exploited by players, when approched by an enemy aircraft many players tend to bail out and then wait for auto respawn, then bail out again and do this over and over while waiting for the AAA to kill the enemy.

How about changing it so that the player doesn't leave the aircraft at all, but only get the tactical map up to change ammo/bombload?

Or make it so that J-ing out on the airfield mean the same as doing it in the air, but to change bombload and ammo we have to open the tactical map by pressing M?

Or make it so that J-ing out can only be done once, the plane need to take off and land to be able to do it again, if it's done again then the player leave the plane for good?

Please this. Some pilot showing "great sportmanship" stalling the game out for additional 10-30 minutes by remaining on the AF and J'ing out when people dive on him should be removed asap.

medal medal medal medal medal

so does this mean when I want to change my bombload/belt type in my landed and repaired plane in tank RB I wont loose this plane and wont have to "buy" it again with spawnpoints if I have enough of them?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I noticed the statement 

• Improved respawn mechanics. When changing aircraft or weapons after landing on an allied airfield, respawn points and team respawn limits will remain the same.

Is there a way to change aircraft or weapons after landing on an airfield? (without loosing the plane)

Stona (Posted )

When you land on friendly airfield wait till re-arming counter and repair counter goes to 0 (you will be spawned on start of the airstrip after this). After that click ESC and chose "Leave Aircraft" you will be moved to spawn menu where you can chose bombs and ammo belts. Be aware that this works only after you get moved to start of the airstrip. If you will do it BEFORE you will lose your machine.
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

Woot!

I've been waiting on this one for ages...   Now there should be a point to actually RTB in Realistic Ground Forces.   

Thank you!

Prior or up until this fix, if you tried to change load outs in Ground RB  or exit out on the airfield.   You lost your spawn points, spawn point costs doubled, and you basically could be out of luck and not able to spawn again.

medal medal medal

this is a great idea. I would support any of these changes.

This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

Does this mean in tanks a plane can finally go and pick bombs up if it didnt have them to start with?

Edit: Awesome to hear stona. Thanks

Edited by NightHawkF117

Stona (Posted )

If you have enough points - yes

How or does this affect EC?  Will I be able to land my F86 and take out my F8F until someone can compete against me and then land and take my F86 back out (without having to spend more SP) if I successfully landed my F86 in the first place?  It really sucked when I'd dual someone and put my plane, away or just wanted to add bombs, till someone else came along to fight to find out I didn't have enough SP.

As it stood, I had (have?) to grind 450 SP in my F86 simply to change my loadout if I want to get back in in my F86.  And with the way the mechanics have been working in EC, you now basically try to grind 200 SP for the next battle and decide if you want to stay in the current battle or if it's better to just cut your losses and hope to use those 200 points in a fresh battle.  Often, most matches I build up enough to take out whatever I like but it's not worth it to use up by the time I get there and would rather catch a new battle with just 200 to start instead of 50-100 or less or so.  Was(is?) just more incentive to leave rather than stay making most battles unproductive or fun.

Anyway, just wondering if and/or how us SB/EC players were or weren't affected and if not...  What, if anything, is planned EC-wise in these regards?

Edit:

Just checked... Doesn't seem to be anything new as far as EC goes with this update.  If you spawn in a plane that you have to spend SP on, don't decide to change your loadout soon!  As far as I can see, it's the same'ol EC but I may be wrong.

Edited by dreger
medal medal medal medal

This is going to be interesting and I personally think lead to a new dynamic in Ground RB.

Prior.. you were pretty much locked into an Aircraft once you chose it.     It led to risky play as there was no benefit to it.     

With this change though...  It might lead to people using Fighters to stop bomber waves, returning to Base preserving their Aircraft and then jumping back into the Ground game as well as just being less risky overall as there now is a point to Returning to base and it is beneficial.

How much of an impact has of course entirely depends on how it works.

Like,   if I spawn an attacker...   fly out and drop my bombs..  RTB, and despawn after reload.      Are initial spawn costs refunded keeping the initial cost to respawn, are they just zero, or is there just an opportunity to spawn then again after switching ordinance?

If they are refunded,   It's going to be a lot of fun with Fighters and Bombers all playing to preserve their aircraft and keep those points.     They won't be seen nearly as disposable as prior.

medal medal medal