Stona

Update 13.04.2016 (Server Update)

This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

Economy and Research*

• Maximum RP rewards for a victorious battle have been increased by 10%. 
  • Successful actions in air battles (such as kills, assists etc.) will bring more mission score points. Now aircraft and ground vehicles will receive the same amount of mission score points for all activities.
  • The Battle activity calculation has been changed. You will need to earn more points in order to get over 50% activity.

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

* To see the changes in the client displayed correctly please restart the game.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 4

This means that planes will earn more in RB tanks mode? If so I was looking forward this for a long time. It was bad to destroy 2 enemy planes and get less RP than destroying 1 tank with tank.

• Upvote 2
medal

• The Battle activity calculation has been changed. You will need to earn more points in order to get over 50% activity.

How did it change? We used to have a straightforward equation for it, would like to hear how the activity is now calculated.

• Upvote 24
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

...Bloody brilliant mates. I've been so pleased with the updates the past couple of months. You guys at gaijin are truly doing some amazing work, keep it up!

(Still salty the match ended before I could ram your stuka yesterday, Stona.)

Stona (Posted )

Better luck next time mate :P
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Finally 7 kills matches with a tank will produce.more than 20000 SL
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal

Nice to see a little RP boost, I think this was long needed, especially in Ground battles (tank Grind is so much harder than plane grind).

This has been a great update all round! Nice to see you guys at Gaijin are listening to community input and making many of the changes people have been asking for :salute:

My trust in you, as always, was not misplaced. Thanks and keep up the great work :good:

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

isnt it abit late for april fools guy ? i mean you want me to believe gaijin would actually increase rp win rewards by a whole 10% xD

• Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal

isnt it abit late for april fools guy ? i mean you want me to believe gaijin would actually increase rp win rewards by a whole 10% xD

Not exactly... The victory BONUS has been increased by a MAXIMUM of 10%. Still nice though.

The second point isn't very clear. You start talking about air battles, then mention ground units...
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So you basically get the same amount of XP from killing a player controlled plane as you do from a player controlled tank?

If yes, you are the best company in the world!
Now gib acces to crossout <3
  • Upvote 2

• Successful actions in air battles (such as kills, assists etc.) will bring more mission score points. Now aircraft and ground vehicles will receive the same amount of mission score points for all activities.

Does that mean that we will get more RP/SL in Ground Forces, if we use tanks or we will get more RP/SL if we use aircraft in GF? If it doesn't RP gain for tanks was increased, when will that be addressed, becasue even with a premium account and premium vehicles it's terrible. And please don't ignore this question like always, GF RP gain has been abysmal since a few weeks after tanks came out of CBT. Back then the reasoning was "too few vehicles, will research too fast", now there is enough of them and if I don't see any difference in having premium stuff (which I don't since rewards are still terrible with it), I don't really see the point in paying.

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal

Does that mean that we will get more RP/SL in Ground Forces, if we use tanks or we will get more RP/SL if we use aircraft in GF? If it doesn't RP gain for tanks was increased, when will that be addressed, becasue even with a premium account and premium vehicles it's terrible. And please don't ignore this question like always, GF RP gain has been abysmal since a few weeks after tanks came out of CBT. Back then the reasoning was "too few vehicles, will research too fast", now there is enough of them and if I don't see any difference in having premium stuff (which I don't since rewards are still terrible with it), I don't really see the point in paying.

That excuse holds 0 ground. You only need 6 vehicles unlocked to get to the next tier for both ground and air. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

yay rp gain increase!!  :good:

but could you please adjust the GF gain in comparison to airbattles. 

with two kills in plane RB i get like 2-3k RP without prem 

with 7 kills in tank RB done only with tanks while resarching a vehicle of the apropriat BR for maximum gain i get like 1,5k 

its just not fun if you need the same time to spade a tier 3 tank like you do for a tier 4 plane. 

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

"The Battle activity calculation has been changed. You will need to earn more points in order to get over 50% activity."

The dreaded battle activity counter can easily be a "disaster" when doing achievements and similar.  Sometimes activity required to win a battle does not generate enough "Battle activity".  An example is bombing zones. Where time climbing and getting to zones doesn't generate continuous activity. Protecting bombers is another. Even climing to contest high airspace can leave you without enough "Battle Activity".

If you are going to make it even harder to keep Battle activity high then PLEASE lower the requirements to Battle activity in achievements and awards.

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So tank battle gains will now match that of air matches?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't think SL and RP are the same as "Mission score points". They just refer to the number that's shown in the scoreboard in a battle when you press tab.

• Upvote 4

So tank battle gains will now match that of air matches?

No, but flying planes in CARB and getting kills in them will count as well as it does in pure plane RB.

• Upvote 1