Stona

Update 04.04.2016 (1.57.2.78)

Additional mounted armour on Sherman Tank.

• A bug with flap position indication has been fixed.
  • Improved display of clouds from above or below.
  • “Thin clouds” weather option has been added.
  • Customisation Objects added for ground vehicles
  • "Mounted armour" modification added for following vehicles:
    • T-34 1941
    • Т-34 1942
    • Т-34-85 ZIS-S-53
    • Sherman Firefly VС
    • Churchill Мk.VII
    • М4А3Е8 76W
    • М4А1 76W
    • Pz.Kpfw. V Panther Ausf. А
    • Pz.Kpfw. V Panther Ausf. D
    • Pz.Kpfw. V Panther Ausf. G
    • Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H
  • Churchill Mk.III - fixed (increased) maximum speed, max. speed is now 17 mph (27 km/h), according to: Tank Data. Aberdeen Proving Ground. Maryland. U.S. Army Ordnance School. July 1958.
  • Cruiser tank A13 (all modifications) - fixed (increased) maximum speed, max.speed is now 30 mph (48 km/h), according to: Tanks 1919-1939. The Inter War period. The Royal Armoured Corps Tank Museum. Royal Armoured Corps centre Bovington, Dorset.
  • Bug fixed: modifications of M4A3E2 are now displayed by ‘heavy tank’ marker on minimap.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 24

Stona, why would you just post a picture of some shrubbery to encompass/represent this little client update? I just don't freaking get it. Seems very unfitting. ;)

You should notice some nice sign "Achtun Panzer" there. There is even more than a sign!  :lol:

• Upvote 5

your just making me wait for the day this happens to the M22, I just want to shove bushes on it 

You can use customization options on all ground vehicles.

Additional "Mounted armour" is right now limited to listed ones.

They are two different things.

• Upvote 9

Very cool!

Would be nice if some of them were unlockable like normal skins though. ;)

edit: Tried it out in RB mode..this bush killed 3 tanks before being lit up by an attacker aircraft. The bushes/signs look amazing! But again, like I said earlier, it would be nice if there were some of each which could be unlocked just like skins. 

Good stuff though! Happy to see this finally make its way into the game. :)

Edited by MaximeDelaroux

MaximeDelaroux (Posted )

Apparently some of the decorations are indeed unlockable like normal skins, these are the jerrycan, helmets, and masks.
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

You can use customization options on all ground vehicles.

Additional "Mounted armour" is right now limited to listed ones.

There are two different things.

200_s.gif

PREPARE THE APCR, IT IS TILE TO TRIM THE BUSHES

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal

How about the bushes? They cost 500 GE, if I buy one of them will I be able to equip it on all the tanks mentioned?

Senio (Posted )

all tanks you wish. it's justa decoration
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

"Churchill Mk.III - fixed (increased) maximum speed, max. speed is now 17 mph (27 km/h), according to: Tank Data. Aberdeen Proving Ground. Maryland. U.S. Army Ordnance School. July 1958."
YAY muh churchill is faster now <3
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I am not paying 500 gold for one bush or helmet, when whole camo for tank costs 200 gold. I am not paying that even if it buys it for all tanks. Looked good,shame hardly anyone will use it for this money. Its like 3 EURO for one thing.

Stona (Posted )

No one forces you :)
  • Upvote 24
medal medal medal

How about the bushes? They cost 500 GE, if I buy one of them will I be able to equip it on all the tanks mentioned?

Yes. You will get 6 of them and you can place 6 of them on every tank you have.

• Upvote 5

Unless there are no plans to release extra armor and bushes for credits (unlockable by killing tanks, winning battles or playing, just as the current decals system), I do not like this feature.

Paying for extra armor and paying for extra camouflage is paying to win, in my book. Now, if only the signs, helmets, cans and other aesthetic decorators were able only for purchase with gold, that would be fine. But not armor and camo.

Sorry, extra-armor does not apply for what I said, since it's unlockable already. Only the bushes, then. The rest is fine.

But now that I've learned that 1 set of bushes is useful 6 times in all your vehicles, I think it's not that bad. Only that I'm having heavy FPS loss when closing the view on my tank (20 FPS lost from close distance).

Edited by ohsi

Senio (Posted )

armour is a researched module
  • Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal

Will there be a way to unlock the bushes / decorations without paying golden eagles, will there be a sort of event like with special decals?

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So if you unlock or buy one of these new camouflage options, are they available for all of your tanks or just for, e.g the Pz.Kpfw. IV H? 

What about Decorators?

Edited by Panzerzwerg

Senio (Posted )

all
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal