DisconnecT83

Update 29.03.2016 (1.57.2.33)

Main Changes

• New photorealistic technology for sky and cloud rendering has been added. The position of the moon and stars now depends on the season and exact geographical location.

New aircraft

Japan:

• H8K2 flying boat - rank I.
  • H8K3 flying boat (premium) - rank II.

Research and Economy​

• The second skin of the Spitfire Mk.XVIe has been removed because it was not used for the Spitfire Mk.XVIe.
  • The amount of Spawn Points in realistic combined battles for the Ho.229 has been increased, while the BR has been reduced to 7.0.
  • M6A1 - BR has been reduced by 0.3 in all modes.
  • Nashorn - BR has been increased by 0.3 in all modes.
  • P-61 - The spawn points have been fixed on maps with aircraft carriers.
  • M47 - The amount of research points needed to unlock has been reduced to 320,000, instead of 380,000.
  • Centurion Mk.10 - The amount of research points needed to unlock was reduced to 270,000, instead of 380,000.
  • The amount of spawns has been fixed for these tanks (heavy tanks class): Churchill Mk.III, Churchill Mk.VII, Infanterie Kampfpanzer Churchill, Conqueror.
  • The cost of spawning in Realistic Battles has been fixed for these tanks (heavy tanks class): Churchill Mk.III, Churchill Mk.VII, Infanterie Kampfpanzer Churchill, Conqueror.

Ground vehicles performance changes

• Т-54 1947 - Turret rotation speed has been changed from 10 degrees per second to 13 degrees per second. According to: «Soviet armor vehicles 1945-1965г» I.V. Pavlov, M.V. Pavlov.
  • Panther Ausf.A, T-V – Turret rotation speed has been changed from 15 degrees per second to 24 degrees per second. Panther Ausf.G – Turret rotation speed has been changed from 15 degrees per second to 20 degrees per second. According to: ''ETO ordnance technical intelligence report No.232 turret traverse speeds of the Pz. Kpfw. Panther Model G from 18 April 1945''. "Germany's Panther Tank, The Quest for Combat Supremacy" Thomas L. Jentz.
  • FV4004 Conway - fixed the type of turret armour. Now it’s Rolled homogeneous armour.
  • Chieftain Mk.3— artillery has been added.

Game mechanics​

• The repair of tracks has changed. Now both tracks are repaired at the same time as opposed to separately.
  • The mechanics of critical damage to the engine and transmission has been changed in arcade battles. In case of critical engine damage, tanks lose the ability to move for 10 seconds and after this time the tank can move again, but the engine power is reduced by 40% of what it originally was. In case of transmission damage, tanks are immobilised for 10 seconds and after this time movement is possible again, but the transmission remains only half of the lower gear ratios. After the repair of the engine or of the tank's transmission, efficiency raises back to 100%.

PC​

• Now you can start replays with the command line (aces.exe -replay path/to/replay.wrpl)

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 54

I cannot wait to kemp bush more than george bush :P

• Centurion Mk.10 - The amount of research points needed to unlock was reduced to 270,000, instead of 380,000.

Dammit I just researched that thing lol

Great changes. Good to see the HO229 back where it should be. I almost had a pang of guilt over me when I massacred those things with my Hunter. These are all great changes IMO.

Keep up the good work!!!

• Upvote 10
medal medal

• Т-54 1947 - Turret rotation speed has been changed from 10 degrees per second to 13 degrees per second. According to: «Soviet armor vehicles 1945-1965г» I.V. Pavlov, M.V. Pavlov.

ok so the tank that screwed up 6.7 games as a 7.3 tank (due to his torret mechanics) will stay at its BR ewen with improved torret, nice, Good work!!!!

Becide that REALY nice improvements!!

• Upvote 22
medal medal medal medal

A compromise with the H8K and the 229's br is no longer batpoop insane. Neat.

as for the turret rotation changes for the T 34 and the panthers. Inb4 russian bias accusations.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hmm... the changes to engine/transmission damage should be interesting for Arcade. Something you'll need to remember should you disable an enemy, but also a boon for those who have not yet researched the 'parts' modification. So many times I've gotten my engine shot out only to kill my attacker and then be unable to do anything for the remainder of the match unless someone entered my field of fire because I couldn't convince someone to 'tow' me to the nearest cap point to repair.

This should help alleviate that problem at least, though 10 seconds seems a bit short. Perhaps there should be a time-frame that resets if you're still under fire, restoring movement only if you haven't been fired upon for a period of time.

Though even then, many tanks have longer than 10 second reload times, especially at higher tiers.

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Nice changes! A lot of people will be happy they can fly with the H8Ks finally.

I just want to ask if there is any changes coming on the Ta-152c Flight model? This plane is too heavy and the mouse aim is messed at high speed. Nowhere near how its should perform. I know its 5.7BR but please fix it and increase the BR up to 6.0

Its suppose to be the best german tier 4 fighter but almost nobody fly with it becouse its not working as intended.

Btw this new graphics looks gorgeous!

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Can't wait to see the damn new clouds, must be amazing, wasn't expecting to be so fast, only disapointed because of those bushy thingies for the tanks arent, yet, being added, which was what i was expecting the most, but stilll, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, NEW CLOUDS!!

Edited by ESilva
  • Upvote 1
medal

THANK YOU GAIJIN! THIS IS WHAT I"VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

you listened to the community, I'm sorry it was as rough as i was when we cried out but you actually listened, hopefully any more events in the future will be more civil. (lets hope they don't happen in the first place) I'm glad you fixed the horten, a plane should not be hindered in air battles if it over performs in tank battles this was a much smarter move than a BR raise, I'm looking forward to more game play fixes in the future anything to make this game the great game i saw when I joined again!

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• The amount of Spawn Points in realistic combined battles for the Ho.229 has been increased, while the BR has been reduced to 7.0.

Thank you, it looks like Gaijin does listen to all my whining.

• Upvote 9

Nice. But i have a question about 2 things:

• M47 - The amount of research points needed to unlock has been reduced to 320,000, instead of 380,000.

Will we get RP reimbursed (60k and 110k respectively) in their tech trees if we have those tanks unlocked?

• Upvote 13
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Nice... and again endless disk read/write error :facepalm:

Wibox (Posted )

If you happen to have such issue regularly, please report it in the community technical support or bug reporting section as launcher issue, so our guys can take a look

Scarper (Posted )

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/303019-solution-to-disk-readwrite-errors-when-updating-game-client/
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal