Sign in to follow this  
sgtlongbow

panzer 3 j turret speed

HI does anyone have any info to show why panzer 3 j turret speed is dramatically different then panzer 3 j1? seems the panzer 3 j is lacking the turn rate of its other models and this really hampers it.  would like to see Russian premium changed if its shown that panzer 3j model has wrong turret turn speed. any photos or book scans in English would be greatly appreciated.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Anyone have access to the full document? I couldn't find anything about turret speeds in the preview.

As for the J, from what I know many J1 were just refits of J with the shorter 5cm gun so maybe there were Pz III J with short 5cm cannons that had an electrical turret drive too?

Having one would probably help alot to make it more effective ingame too, at 2.3 you get uptiered most of the time for some reason, and the 5cm L/42 sucks there. Having a faster turret would at least help alot because you could react faster and would be more effective in close combat.

medal

that could be true but i doubt it because the panzer 3 was built know they would put larger guns in it.

at 2.3 you get uptiered most of the time for some reason, and the 5cm L/42 sucks there. Having a faster turret would at least help alot because you could react faster and would be more effective in close combat.

In fact, no Pz III from the game should exceed 2.0 with their F*** 50mm (whatever the Barrel length)

In 1942, German engineers developped the Pz III Ausf N equiped with the KwK 37/75mm short barrel from the Pz.IV F1 (which is currently rated 2.3 in the game and can deal with T-34 thx to his Hl.Gr.38C ammo at short distance ) 

While there is virtually no differences in Armor between the Pz III  and IV, there should be no differences in B.R. Max B.R should be 2.7 and (maybe) only for the Pz.III M, all others should be lower by far...

medal medal medal medal

The valentine MK II which is equal to Pz III Ausf L sits at 2.3 while the latter sits at 3.3. They are fully equal tanks but one is sitting full 1.0 under the other. I hope that at the next BR change it'll jump by at least 0.7

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The valentine MK II which is equal to Pz III Ausf L sits at 2.3 while the latter sits at 3.3. They are fully equal tanks but one is sitting full 1.0 under the other. I hope that at the next BR change it'll jump by at least 0.7

How did you manage to come to the conclusion that these tanks are equal, exactly?

The Pz. III has a stock capped APHE round with higher pen than any round on the Valentine, plus solid APCR with roughly double the pen of the Valentine's own solid rounds.

It's also significantly faster than the Valentine and even has more crew (less chance of being one shot).

Maybe actually look up the tanks you are comparing?

Edited by Grimsley
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Ouch, that one hurts.

The Panzer III is faster, has more crew, a far more spacious fighting compartment, better penetration on better ammunition and nearly the same frontal armour. Please try again.

Let's then compare the Pz III ausf L with the Cromwell V (B.R 3.0) Cromwell is faster , more armoured, an excellent gun with equivalent pen and its ammo is effectively way more powerful then the PzGr 40... These are not paper statistics , these are facts experienced in battle !!!

medal medal medal medal

Ok, the Valtenine is undertiered but not so much. Like the most of the UK tanks.

Let's then compare the Pz III ausf L with the Cromwell V (B.R 3.0) Cromwell is faster , more armoured, an excellent gun with equivalent pen and its ammo is effectively way more powerful then the PzGr 40... These are not paper statistics , these are facts experienced in battle !!!

Or look at the Valentine Mk. IX.

medal medal medal medal medal

The Panzer III L for example is quite adequate against equal and lower BR vehicles.

The problem is that it is basically always uptiered to 4.0 or 4.3 where it gets stomped on by the T-34, Sherman, Cromwell, Churchill, etc.

That being said, the lowest I could see the L and the M going to is 3.0 and that really will not help it with MM.

My advice is to simply skip the Panzer III models and focus on the Panzer IV F2 and G to help with the 3.0-4.0 BR range.
medal medal medal medal

How did you manage to come to the conclusion that these tanks are equal, exactly?

The Pz. III has a stock capped APHE round with higher pen than any round on the Valentine, plus solid APCR with roughly double the pen of the Valentine's own solid rounds.

It's also significantly faster than the Valentine and even has more crew (less chance of being one shot).

Maybe actually look up the tanks you are comparing?

yes I know. Actually Valentine isnt so much slower than The Pz III and doesnt have much less pen or armor but is sitting 1.0 full BR lower than it while being only slightly inferior to it ?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The Panzer III L for example is quite adequate against equal and lower BR vehicles.

The problem is that it is basically always uptiered to 4.0 or 4.3 where it gets stomped on by the T-34, Sherman, Cromwell, Churchill, etc.

That being said, the lowest I could see the L and the M going to is 3.0 and that really will not help it with MM.

My advice is to simply skip the Panzer III models and focus on the Panzer IV F2 and G to help with the 3.0-4.0 BR range.

The Panzer III up from the J1 to the M are decent from my experience (in RB), the long 50mm pens most things it faces except Shermans, T34 and Churchills frontally(which can be killed like everything else from the sides or behind), the turret traverse is good and they're quite mobile, and the armor seems okay too for the most part.

The really problematic Pz III versions are the E with the 37mm gun, F and J with the short 50mm cannon. For their respective BR their armor, guns and turret traverse is bad, only good thing about them is the 5 man crew and that they're kinda fast. The Pz III E is overtiered at 2.0 IMO, the Pz 38(t) Ausführung F sits at the same BR while having about the same mobility and much better armor; only aspect worse than the Pz IIIE is that it only has a 4 man crew, but it's so much tougher that it rarely matters from my experience. The Pz III E should at least go down to BR 1.7, and could probably even be at 1.3 without being OP, IMO.

It's kind of weird that the Pz III F/J are both at 2.3 in RB as the better armor on the J makes it noticeably more surviveable than the F. Anyways, the short 50mm cannon of the F/J seems rather inadequate for their BR, I haven't any hard statistics of course, but it feels as if it bounces or fails to pen rather often(especialyl on Valentines, and the Crusader turrets). From my experience both the Pz III F/J get uptiered very often which probably means that they face top tier opponents they can meet too often.

IMO the BR for the early Pz III should be like this in RB:

Pz III E: 1.7(maybe 1.3)

Pz III F: 2.0

Pz III J: 2.3 (gun kinda sucks for what it meets but the armor is not bad and it seems kinda tough IMO)

Maybe they also got something about the performance of the early Pz III wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

medal

its say panzer 4 had electric drive and not 3 but were talking about j model which is in a middle ground between electric and non electric. my money is on they retro fitted some with electric.

Edited by sgtlongbow

its say panzer 4 had electric drive and not 3 but were talking about j model which is in a middle ground between electric and non electric. my money is on they retro fitted some with electric.

no 

it goes on to mention their litteraly wasnt space in the panzer 3 to fit a turret drive hence why it was manual

I have the feeling that I am the only one who can use the Pz.III J1/L/M fine. Just use the PzGr 40 APCR ammunition, the APHE sucks.

medal medal medal

no 

it goes on to mention their litteraly wasnt space in the panzer 3 to fit a turret drive hence why it was manual

that makes no sense because the panzer 3 j model vs panzer 3j1 is the same so if panzer 3 in general had no room why still is j1 faster?

that makes no sense because the panzer 3 j model vs panzer 3j1 is the same so if panzer 3 in general had no room why still is j1 faster?

probally a bug within the game

either that or the later panzer 3s had a non electric but still manual turret ring

i think its a hydraulic one but its still slow 

Sign in to follow this