Thiky

Ingame decals using historical (on air and ground vehicles)

208 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Malko07 said:

Very good researchs and usefull ideas here. But the main problem is all decals (numbers, units labels, etc) available, are oversized, and look totally unrealistic when applied.

I speak only about aircrafts, as I don't know about tanks.

Something must be done about this. I have already unlocked many decals, but I don't use them due to this ridiculous oversize.

You can resize the decals with "shift + scroll the mouse wheel" when you put up the these on the vehicles.

Edited by Thiky

9 hours ago, Malko07 said:

Very good researchs and usefull ideas here. But the main problem is all decals (numbers, units labels, etc) available, are oversized, and look totally unrealistic when applied.

I speak only about aircrafts, as I don't know about tanks.

Something must be done about this. I have already unlocked many decals, but I don't use them due to this ridiculous oversize.

I don't mean to be rude, but how have you not noticed the controls on screen yet? Or that other people have resized decals?

Well, I've been played for 2 month now, and still lots of things to discover, as only basic informations are provided. And about decals in planes, I've only seen hudge ones on others players planes arround  for the time being.

I come from IL2, and still playing with SF2, were such problems don't exist on these two simulators.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Edited by Malko07

16 hours ago, LOUD_METAL said:

I don't mean to be rude, but how have you not noticed the controls on screen yet? Or that other people have resized decals?

He play only since two month and he have just 300 battle yet.

I have nearly 10.000 battle and I don't know how need undo the air support, when i selected the plane and I know I will die on the ground...

??

I found another source from the "9th Sensha Rentai" decal only now - this insignia same the ingame decal

two side of turret of Ke-Ni and look good the company marking after it too from this 2 week for decal task (this is the 5th Chutai marking) 

583_convert_20140623221433.jpg

Japanese "6th Chutai" (company) decal of 9th Sensha Rentai (regiment) - this regiment have only 5 company, what I found from it, but this decal same the "5th Chutai" marking with number

FIRST POST FROM 9 SENTAI DECAL

P.S.:I loved the SF2 :good:

Edited by Thiky

Interesting, Japanese tanks are a forgotten history in WWII, mainly because pacific wasn't the theater of hudge tank battles like in Europe.

They are also rare in tanks museums.

Sometimes, news come from airplanes wrecks found in lagoons or jungles, and removed to be restored by rich warplanes enthousiasts, tanks seems to don't raise such high interest.

10 hours ago, Malko07 said:

Interesting, Japanese tanks are a forgotten history in WWII, mainly because pacific wasn't the theater of hudge tank battles like in Europe.

They are also rare in tanks museums.

Sometimes, news come from airplanes wrecks found in lagoons or jungles, and removed to be restored by rich warplanes enthousiasts, tanks seems to don't raise such high interest.

That's right.

BUT

This is a special topic and dont chat room, with free themes. Sorry.

British "Evelyn Tentions" (a word game for the expression "evil intentions") decal - No.1771 Naval Air Squadron (isn't No.771 NAS) on HMS Implacable carrier

under the exhaust on the left side of nose of Firefly F.1 - look good another British Navy roundel, what similar to the New Zealand roundel

FireflyFR1EvelynTensionswithrockets.jpg

the repainted for the commemorate

163520583_666e038494_z.jpg?zz=1

Fighters!

I can't search in the weekend, but the time goes by. The other decal in this two week usable, except one.

The "4th/7th Dragoon Guards emblem" is unusable (Sorry creator. We know this was the request from the developers), because this is the unit official insignia, but the vehicles don't wear(ed). If the developers haven't ideas, look our decal idea topics in the suggestions!! I have more than six topic too with historical insignias and others.

Edited by Thiky

the British "53" number of "6th Guards Tank Brigade" - I showed the opportunity, what the creator thought, but I show more (aren't all 53, but usable this number too).

M5A1 Stuart

THE BRITISH "THE BLACK BEAR" INSCRIPTION

or the Stuarts used the unit number on the left first mudguard too

Stuarta_zps93a53a92.jpg

and one side of rear

14389076593_20634152df_o.jpg

two place on front of Sherman what were usual places to unit numbers

left from center and under the front MG  - was lower on the gearbox too

Sherman-V_zpsweadaksb.jpg

look good the Canadian insignai on the right side gearbox too

Sherman_Firefly_tank_GGHG_Germany_Spring

center of lower front armour - on the gearbox - 27th Armoured Brigade

1517833_619585114837951_8533697449397255

the unit numbers were other places yet on the front

left from center of gearbox andanother place was on the left or right front and rear mudguard and the unit insignia on the other - 255th Indian Tank Brigade

255th_zpsvu0anakq.jpg

this two place are usual too on the rear armour

right side of rear armour and the unit insignia on the other side and the tactical number on three side of turret (here on the rear stowage) - 33rd Armoured Brigade

large_000000.jpg?action=e&cat=photograph

or on other side - 1st Polish Armoured Division

The_1st_Polish_Armoured_Division_in_the_

and on right rear armor stowage

4588999842.jpg

This post will continue with some other vehicle!!

Edited by Thiky

Japanese "Special Naval Landing Forces" (Kaigun Tokubetsu Rikusentai) anchor decal

two side of turret of Ha-Go - look good the tactical number under the insignia - the tank color was naval grey

Type%2095%20Ha-Go%20(h).jpg

second part two side of turret of Chi-Ha Kai - look good the tactical number before the insignia - the tank color was naval grey

SNLF_zpsg2diadge.jpg

the unit used Type 89A tank yet, what used 3D anchor insignia - between the driver and the MG position on the front armor - look good the Rising Sun flag on the side

type89_m_tank_navy_.jpg

and the unit used Ka-Mi too, but these don't used the anchor insignia, what I saw. These are used only the tactical number or the Rising Sun flag (earlier post) on the turret

image048.jpg