Sign in to follow this  
*PureGT_Muzz

[0041449] Use Designated Button to Call Artillery Strike On Enemies Does Not Work *** 16/3

Platform - PS4

Version - 1.57.1.18

Mode - Ground Forces

With 1.57.1.18 we now have a new interface prompt when enough points are acquired to call for an artillery strike. See attached screenshot for interface prompt.

When pressing the designated button nothing happens. The artillery strike calling interface does not appear on screen.

The only way to call an artillery strike at present on PS4 is to use the Event selection Menu.

This new interface prompt causes confusion because if you do as it says, the function does not work.

It may be prudent to remove this interface prompt from the PS4 client until such a time when it is actually possible to call an Artillery strike by using the designated button rather than having to use the Event Selection Menu.

To Reproduce:

1. Assign a button to Menu / Controls / Tank Control / Artillery Strike (As per screenshot)

2. Go to Ground Forces random or custom battle.

3. Accumulate enough points to be able to call an artillery strike and bring up the interface prompt. (As per screenshot)

4. Press the designated button as indicated in the interface prompt.

5. Observe nothing happens. The artillery strike interface does not appear on screen.

Additional information:

This report is related to http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/283327-cannot-initiate-artillery-strike-interface-with-any-control-method-other-than-using-event-selection-menu/ with Tracker ID 0037160.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional relevant information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.

It will also serve as a place where the developers may post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.

After the seven days expire the thread will be locked and moved to Documented Bug Reports. http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/579-documented-bug-reports-sony-playstation-4/

---

Tracker ID

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I play WT using PS4 with a mouse and keyboard. (Two USB ports in front). I used to be able to call for artillery using a designated key on keyboard (prior to 1.55?) but that changed several months ago. With Ver. 1.55 and 1.57 I have to pick up PS4 controller and use Event Selection Menu.

I don't want to remove my hands from keyboard and mouse (I've been killed a few times that way), so I request developers add ability to PS4 to call for artillery from designated key on keyboard again.

Similarly, we should be able to use keyboard for Flight Out On Bomber, Attacker, Fighter too. Same problem. When trying to set key it doesn't "stick."

Thanks.

medal