Stona

Update 15.03.2016 (1.57.1.32)

Maintenance%20(8).jpg

• Display  bug of the game minimap has been fixed.
  • Client stability has been improved

[hr]

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.
  • Upvote 3

Ah so that was a bug, thank you for a rapid fix! Gotta love a developers who actually uses Launchers ability to rapidly deploy small patches, unlike others who wait with small fixes to bundle them in larger patches.

• Upvote 3

When I first started the 1.57 version, most of the tanks' engine horsepower had been almost doubled.  The Panther II had around 1200hp, the Tier 1 BT5 Soviet tank weighs about 11 ton and had around 600 hp.  They didn't perform differently, it was just the stats were way higher. No longer seems to be the case.

I have noticed bad hit register sometimes. For example I shot at turret but I hit hull, ot I am shooting at the front of tank from side but I hit his engine. Is that a bug ? if so I hope for fast fix as it destroys gameplay in some cases.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thank you for the picture. It made all the difference. I'm glad I took the time to click on discuss on forums.

Could you please explain the difference in the rarely occurring bug from six updates ago and the one that rarely didn't occur from this one?

Also, thank you for the improved game stability. I found the game play to be unstable from very rare to unique in frequency.

It's a good thing that I don't have to pay for the pleasure of having super duper T-1 bandwidth for the whole 3.3 gigs of update and still download it at the economy package's speed. Now, I see it can go less than that. In the chance that I'm not too late, I just put on a condom and have my own lube.

The War Thunder folder shows it is 12.2 gigs. If I were a new customer with a freshly installed copy, would the folder still be as big?

By the way Stona, I didn't find the picture to be in poor taste. It was the timing.

Thank You for Your Time.

PHATPAT

Just wondering, and didn't know where to put this, but, I wanted to know when the avatars from the thunder league dog tag will be uploaded into the game. Just hope you guys didn't forget :)

And to ask about the "unique title" from the A-26 challenge, coz, is still a miss.

p.s.: Thanx for acrobatics smoke, by the way, its awesome :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Uh, another thing, since update 1.57, I can't leave the turret in a fixed position in tanks. Before, I pressed C to look around, and it works now too, but when I was in the sights view, if I left the C pressed down, the canon would not move, wich was great to peak through the binoculars and go back to the sights without losing my aim. Now, this doesn't work, so, I can't keep aiming and when I return from the binoculars the sights is pointing anywhere but the target. Please fix this, since it makes no sense that the main gun moves while using the binoculars and it really affects sniping.

Thanx!!

• Upvote 1

Could you please explain the difference in the rarely occurring bug from six updates ago and the one that rarely didn't occur from this one?

The War Thunder folder shows it is 12.2 gigs. If I were a new customer with a freshly installed copy, would the folder still be as big?

1) Nope, I'm not checking code of the game, sorry.

2) Depends. You can download few GB and play with lower res textures and without cockpits. 

Just wondering, and didn't know where to put this, but, I wanted to know when the avatars from the thunder league dog tag will be uploaded into the game. Just hope you guys didn't forget :)

And to ask about the "unique title" from the A-26 challenge, coz, is still a miss.

p.s.: Thanx for acrobatics smoke, by the way, its awesome :)

We did not forget, they will be here as soon as possible :)

Uh, another thing, since update 1.57, I can't leave the turret in a fixed position in tanks. Before, I pressed C to look around, and it works now too, but when I was in the sights view, if I left the C pressed down, the canon would not move, wich was great to peak through the binoculars and go back to the sights without losing my aim. Now, this doesn't work, so, I can't keep aiming and when I return from the binoculars the sights is pointing anywhere but the target. Please fix this, since it makes no sense that the main gun moves while using the binoculars and it really affects sniping.

Thanx!!

Strange, I do not have such problem. Maybe re-check your key bindings? I can use binoculars without moving gun, if I want to move gun in direction I am looking via binoculars, I press mouse button.

Ok, first thanx for not forgetting the Pilot Icons :)

And about the binoculars and main gun, maybe I wasn't clear enough about whats exactly happening.

Is not that the gun moves with the binoculars, but that if I press C the main gun moves when before it did not.

The best way for me to explain it is like this: When u are aiming at a target, using the sights, If I pressed C before,

while I was aiming, and moved the mouse, the aiming point would not move (as long as C was pressed) it was in a fixed position.

If I do that now, I press C, but the aiming point does move and can't be left in a fixed position.

This is happening to my tank buddies and me.

I reseted my controls, and my friends too, but we can't make it work. This was very useful, like I said for using binoculars while pressing C, and when going back

to the sights the aiming point did not move a millimeter (because when u have control of the sights again, your hand will surely move a little and lose the aiming pont), and when a target is really far away, the slightest mouse movement can make you lose the target that you were measuring and getting closer to hit.

Now, without fixed aiming point, is really difficult to shot at the distance.

I hope I was able to express correctly the problem, since I know that I'm not the only one that uses this, specially at higher ranks, when sniping becomes more

and more important.

Thanx!! and I hope this gets fixed, it must be a minor thing, other than that, I'm loving 1.57 so far, keep it coming!! :)

P 61 C; AI gunners not working.
AI gunners are not working in P 61 C. have tested this a few times now & the crew gunners fail to respond to Player planes well within normal range of activation.
Also AI gunners (all planes) do not respond to AI enemy aircraft, which is particularly troublesome if you get "Player Hunted" by AI

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Why have you ruined Mk103 cannon? they spray everywhere like a bloody shotgun now. Nothing even close to realistic spread, even for worn out barrels that overheat.
WHY?? WHY?? WHY????
I wish you would stop messing with things that don't need fixing,
Why do you constantly make game-play LESS enjoyable with every update?
It's a GAME it's supposed to be FUN for everyone!!

ARRRRRGH!!!

Hi everyone! First i want to thank you for making very good job! You are making a game that is just on top in it's kind. But what you've done in last patch i'm not really satisfied. it's about T-34-100 fixes. We all know that t-34-100 has very weak armor (hull 45mm front, turret 90mm), and turret was only thing on what you can bet with this tank. actually every tank with 130+ pen rate will penetrate it easily. now not only you've set it's BR to 6.7 but you have set it's depression angle to -3°. Now that tank is crap if we can call it a "tank" anymore, couse it can only shot above itself in the sky if you are on uneven terrain, so it's more an AA than a medium tank. now if i want to shot on enemy tank i have to come out of cover completely, couse i can't lower my gun anymore, and expose my hull which is very weak so now i come in situations where IS-1, KV-85 or even PZ-IVF2 kill me before i could even take aim, not to mention T-54s, panthers and other higher tier tanks...

TY...

medal

Hi Stona,

Something changed with the 1.57 update in the way that the game reads custom made skins (skins from the LIVE site) 

Any skin saved in the popular 8.8.8.8 ARGB DDS format are now unreadable -the game just uses the default skin instead.

Bug reports have been filed, and passed along to the devs, but no-one has heard anything in response yet.

We don't know if this is a fault and a fix is being worked on as we speak, or if this is a feature of 1.57 and we all need to change our formats.

I changed all of my 85 skins to a lower quality format that still works last weekend, but there are plenty of skinners who are waiting.  They don't want to spend days reformatting and re-uploading if there is a patch in the pipeline.

Do you have any information on this Stona?  

• Is there a fix about to drop?
  • Is this a known problem, but only affecting a few thousand people, so way down the priority list?
  • Or is it the way that WT works post 1.57, so skinners will need to change their formats ASAP.

Any information appreciated.  I'm happy to pass on anything to the skinning community.

Regards  :salute:

Stona (Posted )

Devs are checking this, no info for now, sorry :(

Stona (Posted )

Will be fixed soonâ„¢ :)
medal medal medal medal medal

Love the new update.
Could you PLEASE introduce an auto-kick function for Team Killing in next patch?
It's a very simple bit of code to write.
Auto kick for first offense & auto 24 hour ban for 2 TKs in a game.

Stona (Posted )

We have it in game. You can find more info in General Discussion - pinned thread about TK.