• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, just a heads up, since I do not see any official notifications (why?).

A battle of the Bulge Air RB EC is currently running. As to why it is active during a WWM season I haven't the slightest idea. Anyways, I'm not touching WWM with a stick but I'm always up for EC.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well,EC is fail again,they still not filing up piople in empty games,they start new ones with again 4 aginst 4 piople +some feu bots.If you get in full game you lucky.They still didint learn to just put piople in and NOT calculate odds by they stats for mm,thats eaquals fail.Also in Bulge if you take bouth Lancasters in your lineup,if one is lost bouth are lock for 20+ min,fail after fail after fail gg

medal medal

I'm confused as to why this mode showed up with no announcement or warning but I like it so I've been playing it (especially considering xbox STILL can't play SIM) but I have a few complaints. My friend and I were both flying a Typhoon and he never had a cooldown and I did. Then the matchmaking yesterday seemed to put us on 4v4s with 4 additional bots on both sides who keeps kamikazing into the ground and more often than not they were lobbies of all xbox players (which as an xbox keyboard and mouse player I was having a blast).

Now first match today i jump in with a team getting absolutely dominated and the match was almost over. 5 minutes in and 5 deaths because i couldn't leave any of the airfields without getting shot as I'm taking off and the match was over. I have the option of joining already going battles turned off and yet I get put into a match that was almost over. I seriously felt like I had joined a Helicopter EC match with an AH-1G because all that happens there is you get airfield camped by premium spam helis with AAMs.

I normally play air arcade but I gave RB EC and go for the first time just now. I gotta say, this is the best game mode I'm played in Warthunder. The map is a good size to give room to play in but not too big. Theres always something to do. The shorter marker distance is so much better than arcade.

I really wish this was an every weekend thing.

1 hour ago, Draco_Argentum said:

I really wish this was an every weekend thing.

I wish this was the standard Air RB or at least a regular playable mode not reliant on some random weekend, but right now the matchmaking is really screwed up right now and the bots are suicidal.

The match I'm in right now it's just my friend and I, everyone on the enemy team left, my two other teammates left, it's all bots and my team's bots are all dead and won't respawn. The enemy bots keep respawning and dying.

DragonSoulkin_WarThunder_20200209_04-27-24.png

The issue with players leaving is spawn waiting time. As far as I could see its locked to BR so if you have 2 planes in the same BR when you die in one other is locked for certain time too. So people don't want to wait 20 mins to respawn again and they leave. Also I would rather wait longer to get bigger match then quickly get small match with bots.

medal medal medal medal medal

+1 

I only came across by chance the enduring confrontation in RB the other day in the events tab. Thoroughly enjoyed it and certainly succeeded expectations. 

I would highly advocate this type of game mode on a more regular or permanent basis - Some of the most War Thunder fun I've had so far ;)  :) 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Stona changed the title to Enduring Confrontation

I also loved it and I would like to see it as a more regular thing, even permanent.
However I think there should be some adjustments.
First off, what quite some people said, people should be able to join into already running matches, maybe through a lobby system like for Sim.

I also feel like there were too few ground targets and ground objectives and too many air to air objectives. Especially since it is quite easy to kill a single B-17 recon plane, than it is to kill a convoy of 10 or so vehicles, including medium tanks. However these things count for the same amount of tickets. This makes flying fighter bombers and ground attackers somewhat unnecessary. I think that this will lead to a situation where everything aside from single engine fighters is kind of sidelined.
I think that for this to change, there should be more ground reliant objectives. Also recon planes should not be heavy and medium bombers, but rather faster planes, like fighters and ground attackers. Also the bomber formations should not consist of 3 planes, but 9 or more. Shooting down 3 B-25s wasn't much of a challenge. But flying through the defensive fire of 9 PBJs was a bit more risky.

medal medal

The addition of a 30 minute spawn delay is absolute piffle, in my opinion. You shouldn't have to wait twenty-nine minutes before you can spawn in again.  

Edited by Aussie_Mantis
medal medal medal

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah I wonder when we can expect another EC... it does not matter either ships or planes because random air Rb is destroyed by the 25min battle time limit...

• 5 weeks later...

Another month and still desolate and empty. Where is the event, is it a problem to give us this mode? Still silence, still disinterest, holt I will play less like friends, just as classic air battles are boring....

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal