2 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

But my squadmate was able to spawn in his D-13 right off. Which was really confusing.

I think that would be a bug, not a feature.

There were no SP this time but a SL pricetag to each plane, which in my eyes is a good thing.

Locking planes down, when shot down, of a similiar br or role makes little sense to me. Why forbid to spawn in the ta 152h when my d12 got downed?

And wth does the MM have to open up a new session everytime i wanna join a match? Even when the queue was fairly even this evening! And yes i had JIP turned on. There wasnt a single case in my 5 sessions i played where somebody joined, eventuelly after 1 - 1.5 hrs every match was dead bc out of the 4 or 5 original players 2-4 just left. Those spots neither got filled up with ai, nor new players!.

And as a very far streched suggestion, why not make the battlefield a Tank Rb match for real players? Hence, that would only make sense if 64 player would work on the server!

Edited by KoocieKoo
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

make rooms for RB EC like in sim, now you have 4 ppl joining and thats it. 4 people thatll leave in 30 min leaving me in an empty match because no one else can join.

so make it like sim!

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Great event this weekend. Lovely to play for couple of reasons:

1) Finally the maps are full of ground units. So once you cross the front line there is always something to destroy, tank, artilery or AAA. Most of them are spread around and in the cities which is logical and a great step to do. This is very very nice and exactly what I would expect also in random air RB. Because this means that you can take your Me-410, go somewhere on the map and attack random ground units you spot without every enemy knowing exactly where you are like on a classic map where all ground units are only on specific locations.

2) The first point means that in RB EC planes like Dorniers, Hornisses or Fw-190 F-8s are actually useful and you can actually enjoy them because you are not just a freekill for enemy fighters since they can have very hard time finding you. This makes RB EC great for spading these planes or farming camouflages.

3) There is always a task to do so it is not like it was before where all you could do after destroying all enemies was camping their arfield. You have to help your ground forces who are making a push against enemy defense line, you have to defend them against incoming enemy attackers, you have to defend your bombers making an attempt do destroy enemy bombing target and there is also a reconnaissance plane that needs to go down. Anybody can pick his favourite task and do it, plenty to choose from... PERFECT.

As I said before, since introducing mixed MM and really badly designed tank maps into Air RB I pretty much stopped flying and focused mainly only on tanks in RB/Sim. But this mode is probably the single thing that I currently enjoy the most in the whole War Thunder. A mode where taking bomber/attacker out is not a complete nonsense but actually a choice, that can be fun and enjoyable.

The only thing I am missing currently is more events like this and maybe more players per side (at least 8vs8). Would absolutely love permanent EC, maybe rotation of maps that would change each day / couple of days. I am sure that mode like this could maybe bring some players back. Those who grew frustrated (like myself) from random Air RB.

Edited by Kaizy
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 11 months later...
On 04/03/2018 at 19:42, Kaizy said:

The only thing I am missing currently is more events like this and maybe more players per side (at least 8vs8). Would absolutely love permanent EC, maybe rotation of maps that would change each day / couple of days. I am sure that mode like this could maybe bring some players back. Those who grew frustrated (like myself) from random Air RB.

Fully agree. RB EC should be another game mode on par with TDM Air RB. Or at least it should be every weekend event just like we had it last september/october. Back then I was able to give up worthless battles during week and wait for friday evening to finally have some fun.

I cannot understand why Gaijin made EC for helis but they refuse to give it to RB pilots...

medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Diabel_Z_Piekla said:

I cannot understand why Gaijin made EC for helis but they refuse to give it to RB pilots...

They at first tried regular TDM for helis too, and it failed miserably. EC for helis was more like rescue wheel. 

Last year they started forum thread for collecting suggestions about AirRB overhaul, hope they will show us something in near future.

On 19/02/2019 at 08:21, BrassWolf said:

They at first tried regular TDM for helis too, and it failed miserably. EC for helis was more like rescue wheel. 

Last year they started forum thread for collecting suggestions about AirRB overhaul, hope they will show us something in near future.

Helicopter RB failed miserably because of 1) obscenely difficult grind for no reason 2) American choppers having huge performance advantages over everyone else and lower BRs to boot in the case of the AH-1G vs the Russian 9.0 and 3) matchmaking being US+GER vs RU alone.

Game mode died when people realized just how useless Russian choppers before the Mi-24 were. Addition of air to air missiles on the top end choppers only further hastened the fall, and broke Helicopter EC too with a few AH-1Zs camping over the ground fights and making everyone else able to accomplish ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 27/02/2019 at 08:17, Diabel_Z_Piekla said:

IMHO? Sadly... never.

I hope not.......PvE-oriented planes just won’t ever fit into a PvP-centric mode. Just that damn simple.

• 1 month later...

Anything new about EC? It's long ago the last test was done, I really like to see this mode in game again. And hopefully this time final and forever in game

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 hours ago, GLOneill said:

Anything new about EC? It's long ago the last test was done, I really like to see this mode in game again. And hopefully this time final and forever in game

We all want to see EC come around again and be here to stay.

If adding EC gradually bleeds normal Air RB dry of players over time, that means normal RB Air needs overhaul beyond adding new crap, not that EC should remain locked away forever to make people stay in stale Air RB games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Sarkelias said:

A lot of us would like to see RB EC supplement or supplant the current Air RB game mode, but Gaijin has unfortunately indicated that they have no intention of making RB EC a permanently available game type.

Big mistake on their part that they won't seeing as it's actually a better gamemode than standard Air RB

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The only problem of this mode is markers. Bombers suffer from it. It will be the best mode if you remove markers or give an air spawn for bombers instead.

3 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

The only problem of this mode is markers. Bombers suffer from it. It will be the best mode if you remove markers or give an air spawn for bombers instead.

Whats wroung with you guys? Airspawns in RBEC? That's a new level of nonsence.

RBEC offers you anaugh safe space to climb to higher altitudes even in bombers. All you need, is after takeoff turn to safe area and begin climbing, instead of rushing at realetivelly low altitude directly to neariest red airfield (witch is obviously main respawn point of bandits)

• Upvote 1

I can't understand the motives of Gaijin. They spend considerable time developing a gamemode which is actually good, they spend money and resources on the development. Only for it to end up being a rare weekend event sometimes. And the gamemode itself is actually good! Every type of aircraft has it's use, (looking at bombers especially), the gameplay is dynamic and encourages teamwork, it is just so much better then your everyday RB TDM. Yet Gaijin fails to realize this and keeps it in the basement. 

• Upvote 5

I love this mode so much! fighting in a big front with multiple objectives. So every type of player has something to do. There is AI to fill things up together with other players. Bombers have their use as is noticed by the poster above me. Games last pretty long which I like. And that it is in realistic battles makes me so happy! Feels like being a small part in a huge conflict!

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

After heavily playing the last two iterations (Stalingrad & Kursk during the past month):

- It's a particularly good mode for Attacker aircraft, much better than either mid/high-tier AB or regular RB.  Both of those modes are mostly quick suicide runs for Attackers, in my experience, with a "successful" fly-out consisting of getting some ordnance off and perhaps killing a ground target or two before the inevitable death.  (note: lowest-tiers AB is a little different, where many of the Attacker aircraft are nimble and well-armed enough to meet their predators on nearly-equal terms).  In EC, however, the map is large enough, with well spread-out GTs, that Attackers can often be quite productive, and opposing fighters have to actually hunt for them.  And in any case, when shot down, one can respawn in same Attacker at different airfield, to perhaps go try a different part of the front.  To some extent, the same dynamic is true for Bombers as well.

- Many people see the BR disparity between German and Russian fighters and at first see gross imbalance.  I know I certainly did.  After a few battles, however, I began to see it really wasn't a big factor.  The much larger map, spread-out objectives, and respawns, as noted above, creates a completely different dynamic.  German fighter BRs are (I think) largely a reflection of their superior climb-rates and mid/high-alt performance, which are crucial attributes on regular RB maps.  In EC, the importance of those advantages certainly isn't completely nullified, but it is lessened.   Plus, the higher-BR fighters carry the time-lock whenever shot down...one cannot fly out a  Bf 109 G over and over.  In any case, what I experienced was roughly a 50/50 split between German/USSR victories in both of those EC maps.

I can understand that Gaijin might not want to replace Air RB entirely with EC.  In order to do so, they would have to come up with EC maps that cover all nations and all BR ranges; that is probably not feasible from a resource commitment perspective, plus it would probably require a de-emphasis or perhaps abandonment of the historical-matchup aspect.  But I do think it would/should be feasible to feature an air EC event every weekend, or perhaps every other weekend.  

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• 3 months later...

@Stona How comes that the "Air" part of the game still has no RB EC?  

Both helicopters and naval no have either regular events or permanent EC, despite having a FAR smaller community respectively? 

People have been asking for a permanent RB EC for years now and Gaijin is still ignoring the "Air battles" community. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Darkrocket14 said:

@Stona How comes that the "Air" part of the game still has no RB EC?  

Both helicopters and naval no have either regular events or permanent EC, despite having a FAR smaller community respectively? 

People have been asking for a permanent RB EC for years now and Gaijin is still ignoring the "Air battles" community. 

helis only have arcade EC don't they? that's basically the same limitation that air battles get with their perma sim EC, it's naval EC that really suffers because I can pull up the game and only have a 3/14 chance of it being up

Edited by ReimuHakurei_

Yea, RB EC is a dream for big chunk of air RB community. Mode is almost complete with minor bugs that players can live with but....

Gaijin: let's add World War Mode that 99% of the playerbase will ignore !

Because logic.

medal medal medal

• Stona changed the title to Enduring Confrontation