Leave it up this time.  Realistic EC is the best part of War Thunder, and needs to become a persistent mode.  You guys have been developing it for what, at least 18 months now?  It still keeps getting taken down?

Edited by WiggumEsquilax
  • Upvote 7
medal

probably the same feedback as last time:

we should be able to bring at least one vehicle of lower br rating into the battle (maybe make it -1 so no biplanes join etc) so eg we can bring one 3.7-4.3 plane into the 4.7-6.3 battle, else some nations get shafted by the br limitations (eg britan 4.7, japan 4.7)

medal medal

I also did not see a timer to change plane.

This means that one can fly with their favourite plane all trough the event. I'm kind of divided here, sometimes it was good to have the vehicle locked and try different machines...

Btw, was not expecting that my second game would be in New Guinae but without the ships :) Heck, I've been in places in that map that I never had before xD

Edit: never had in EC this much packet loss as well, and was not the only one...

Edited by MurderMD
medal medal medal medal

Time for feedback:

The bombing part - takes too long to get to a bombing point, low rewards, simply boring and useless.
Fighters - either our team or the enemy team is spawn camping all the time. And if not, enemy just show up out of nowhere... random place on map and kill me.
respawning - most of the time it works like this -> respawn in the worst plane -> die -> respawn in the worst plane -> die -> endless loop. Getting clubbed by superior planes is no fun at all.

So in general - very boring and chaotic game mode. I suppose it is ok as an event twice a year, but no way this thing can replace regular RB.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Being forced to start with a 4.7 in the 4.7 to 6.3 bracket is utterly horrible as the UK, Firebrand and Mosquito only available choices both very poor planes in many respects.

At least let us start with a 4.3 or 4.0 instead so UK can bring something a little more competative

Ouch, didnt think of that at all, good feed back, ty.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

You forgot one valuable feature:

Only SB EC peculiarity. x)

Is there anything to do for Ground attackers ? Because i've seen nothing in my test earlier on Khalkin Gol...

Not as an official mission.
But if you fly low, then you can detect and destroy some ground forces.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

some more thoughts:

1. the timer should start when you take off, not when you get shot down

2. br range of at least 0.3 is needed for directly usable planes (without a kill-timer), right now i can fly with a 3.7 at the beginning but then get a 5min cd (on all my 3.7 planes) after death

3. shared cd of same br planes should be removed

4. sp+timer for high br planes seems unreasonable, either use sp-only or timer-only, though i cant really say much about top-end planes because i havent got enough time to play them yet, so i dont know if the cooldown gets reduced by every kill. if not, it should be strongly considered, else you will fly your top planes only once or twice per match (?)

5. joining in progress seems broken or something, in my first match rus vs jpn the japanese side had like 8 bots and 5 players that left the match already, so there were around 8 players left against ~20 on the russian side.

6. maybe let bombers of any br directly spawn into the match without any waiting time, there is no incentive to play them right now

medal medal

I played 2 instances of EC and was put into the last 6 minutes of a third.

In the first match while facing Japan, I found that facing the laughably undertiered J2M2 with the particularly poor Spitfire Vb is an unpleasant dealing. Because of the J2M2's 3.3 BR, the Japanese were able to send continual onslaughts of these clubbers, meaning those of us in things that are not the equal of the Raiden were at their mercy and a continual disadvantage.

In addition, after the Japanese players left the match, AI was all that remained and they never took off. Attempts by fighters to kill these stationary AI on the runway were generally of limited success due to AAA. It was rare for the fighters to kill more than one AI, if any, before they died. Bombing the AI was about the only way to kill many of them (they'd often pool in groups of 2-8) and the bomber never survived even after dropping its bombs. Clearly AAA needs to be toned down a fair bit.

In the second while facing German, I found similar problems with MM though not quite as pronounced. Though still difficult, the Spitfire Vb proved itself to fare better staring down Bf 109Fs. (However, the Spitfire Vb is undoubtedly an overtiered crate. It belongs no higher than 3.0.)

Another problem that was apparent in EC but not unique to it were the assault fuses. Bombing tanks with the Wellington is mighty difficult when the bomb just bounces off to some other place from where it was dropped. Assault fuses need to disappear in EC, they serve absolutely no purpose. Pillboxes and such need to be added too.

Based on what I've seen, EC is coming along alright but needs work. I'm not sure it's my cup of tea but I know for others it is.

Edited by warrior412
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It needs to be possible to bring vehicles 0.7-1.0 BR lower then the BR bracket as reserves.  A few nations lack good variety of fighters at the minimum BR bracket, in the case of UK you can only choose a Firebrand or a Mosquito as a starter vehicle in 4.7-6.3 BR range, if it was possible to bring lower BR then it would open up some nice options (like Typhoon Mk1b)

In general it would just be more interesting to be able to choose a few different "Below BR Bracket" aircraft as reserves, as with current changes (SP + Cool down time) it seems more likely that one will be stuck flying reserves

• Upvote 1

Only SB EC peculiarity. x)

Nope, it is in RB as well.

• Upvote 1

Good to see this, but I'd like to know when is it going to become permanently available?

Also, some maps are better than others.

- As far as I can tell, there are no ships to sink on New Guinea
- Stalingrad is pretty much perfect and ready for constant use
- Ruhr is good for fighters and bomber hunters but a more apparent frontline needs to be added.
- Sicily is a damn shame and features absolutely no ground units for attackers to kill aside from stacked AAA nests inside minibases that bombers hit.

Basically, Stalingrad is the best EC map to date because it is 1) large 2) has plenty of space to flank and bomb on and 3) has a very rich lawn to mow so attackers and tactical bombers can actually do something somewhat useful. The other maps need to be modelled after this one and have some sort of thick frontline extending across the whole map.

I played 2 instances of EC and was put into the last 6 minutes of a third.

In the first match while facing Japan, I found that facing the laughably undertiered J2M2 with the particularly poor Spitfire Vb is an unpleasant dealing. Because of the J2M2's 3.3 BR, the Japanese were able to send continual onslaughts of these clubbers, meaning those of us in things that are not the equal of the Raiden were at their mercy and a continual disadvantage.

In addition, after the Japanese players left the match, AI was all that remained and they never took off. Attempts by fighters to kill these stationary AI on the runway were generally of limited success due to AAA. It was rare for the fighters to kill more than one AI, if any, before they died. Bombing the AI was about the only way to kill many of them (they'd often pool in groups of 2-8) and the bomber never survived even after dropping its bombs. Clearly AAA needs to be toned down a fair bit.

In the second while facing German, I found similar problems with MM though not quite as pronounced. Though still difficult, the Spitfire Vb proved itself to fare better staring down Bf 109Fs. (However, the Spitfire Vb is undoubtedly an overtiered crate. It belongs no higher than 3.0.)

Another problem that was apparent in EC but not unique to it were the assault fuses. Bombing tanks with the Wellington is mighty difficult when the bomb just bounces off to some other place from where it was dropped. Assault fuses need to disappear in EC, they serve absolutely no purpose. Pillboxes and such need to be added too.

Based on what I've seen, EC is coming along alright but needs work. I'm not sure it's my cup of tea but I know for others it is.

The flak does appear to have a certain distance factor to when it starts shooting, from my experience. I dove on such a glitched AI and it didn't start shooting until roughly 2km away. Maybe one simply has to get bombers to higher alt?
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Played 3 times so far on the 3.3-4.7 range:
As Japan, USA & Germany. (Maps: New Guinea, ? & Ruhr)
I found absolutely nothing to do for bombers or attackers, so this turned to fighter death match with larger maps.

The upside of that is that the USA teams were now VERY potent, as their fighters could fight in numbers and in the games I played - have sufficient time to climb.

But so far I liked this less than the previous test rounds. It lacks purpose and in the games I participated got less teamwork than most regular RB matches.

In my mind ticket bleed should predominantly be determined by taking out ground targets (as in WWII - killing enemy fighters were secondary objectives. Even if USAAF was very keen on breaking the back of the Luftwaffe in the last year or two - the main objectives were the heavy industries, and the infrastructure in the area behind the D-day landing zones).
medal medal medal medal

Nope, it is in RB as well.

I can confirm this as well.

I didn't observed this.
Only what i see is the yellow sentence without the timer.

[hr]
Edit:
But if you are some time inactive (idling in the selection window or on the airfield), then a timer will be begin.
This timer begins at 50 seconds.
[spoiler]tVwR7OU.jpg[/spoiler]

I didn't observed this.

[hr]
Edit:
But if you are some time inactive (idling in the selection window or on the airfield), then a timer will be begin.

I saw the yellow timer and didn't wait around to see what'd happen with it myself. I was never kicked but beyond that I can say little as I did not take screenshots.

Edited by warrior412
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I didn't observed this.

[hr]
Edit:

Try taking off with full real control with only keyboard control. It's an example for a new player for the sake of crashing on take-off before his wheels leave the ground.

In most planes He can only crash once with up to minor damage. If he crashes again or has significant damage ( the 2 minute repair time) then the timer will tick by and kick him. As a jet, you must not fail leaving the ground on take-off ground roll because if you do, you simply do not have enough time to repair and get airborne.

Remember the timer starts from the moment you enter the battle or crash in a plane, and only stops when your wheels leave the ground.

I really like EC, but what's putting me off playing it is the the whole BR lineup.

Let me explain:

I want to Fly plane X, I put X into the Line-up, but cant join now I need to put Plane Y in, and also plane Z. now Ive been fumbling around with a line up for 5 - 10 min even tho I only wanna fly plane X.

I get into the game and I need to start with plane Z that I dont even want to fly, and then Y that I dont want to fly either. After a while I can finally take plane X out, I spawn with X and badluck hits, bomb on runway or something like that.

Boom, 30min timer back to Y and Z but wait they have a 9min timer..

Conclusion:

All of this from building a lineup to timers in game It is just way to restrictive, as I said I really like EC but all the hassle with lineups and timers are just killing it. IMO let ppl fly what they want and have a good time, instead of fiddeling around with timers and BR's.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Gaijin.. You call what you're doing with EC, 'Tests', but you're not doing anything to improve the mode, least not in any manner that makes it more fun, that makes it playable for all the planes in the game, to give the battle field life, to make it with missions that are triggered by other missions. You fail after every single 'test' to make the positive changes to the mode. In other words.. The mode is finished and you might as well implement it fully!

But I can tell you right now how that will go..
The game mode will be played for a short time by a lot of players, but after a while player ratings on it will start to drop. I'd give it 6 months at the most, it will drop because the mode is boring, WHY? Because you're not presenting the players with an improvement to the game, it's not a dynamic battle mode. All the players get in this mode is none stop dogfights and endless bombing of the same boring targets over and over again. which become boring quickly! After just 45 minutes of playing EC I'm bored out of my skull.

Okay now that is down, let me become suggestive on what would help.

* Make a visible front line marker on the map, like the red and blue lines seen in this picture, make it dynamic change as bases are destroyed/captured (read point below)

MED3map.png
* have tanks spawn on each side which fight each other, attackers can support their own tanks and in the end push the FRONTLINE back.
* Make bigger bases, let call them factories which will influence either how many tanks is spawn or how often. Give heavy bombers reason to fly in formation, give fighters reasons to provide cover, these bases should be deep behind enemy lines though.

* Do so airfields can be captured by ground forces, give us reason to support the ground forces for real. Which also would give a new spawn point for friendly ground forces closer to the front line
* Keep the Recon planes spawn, even add ai bombers mission spawn.

Overall please try to think bigger, we do not need a glorified 24/7 Team Death Match Mode. 

Edited by Star23_16
  • Upvote 7
medal medal

Well, from playing it a few hours yesterday, i am a bit disappointed.

Things like the too small map, no targets for ground attackers, bombing points are spawning in spitting distance to the airfield and have multiple AA positions merged into each other, some goes for the airfields in some cases, AI does nothing but sit on the runway and the i don't know, maybe its just me but the last EC with vehicles from 2.7-3.7 felt way more balanced then the current one at 3.3-4.7.

Not to mention that those BR's are all over the place(P-47 and BF 109 F4 have the same BR, sure thing).

I really would rather have another historical EC like with the last one(Stalingrad was nice and felt pretty balanced for the most part, even if there where flaws).

medal medal medal medal medal

• Stona changed the title to Enduring Confrontation