*MAXIOS-MB

G14 or G10?

Hello everyone!

You probably guessed it by the title, I'm looking to start playing with one of the late G bf109 variant and I was wondering if one of them was better than the other since they have the same BR. 

The G10 was a later variant and in game stats just show that it's slightly better, but the ingame stats are not always reflecting the truth, so if you could throw your opinion it would be great help!

Literraly anything would help, wether it's their characteristics, stock syndrom or personal experience  :)s

G10 is a bit faster, G14 is more agile k4 is the fastest

Otto should give a better answer Soontm

Edited by Bringo_Gaboso
  • Upvote 6

G-14 is more agile and performs better at high altitude.

Yes, and is the best late knife-fighter, but G-10 has a nice chunk of speed at SL over the G-14 which translates to better acceleration at medium speeds at the most common altitudes in war thunder.  With the most recent FM updates its sort of personal preference but in the past the G-14 was absolutely superior even if it was still slower at SL, last time i checked the G-14 climbed just slightly better overall (so including low altitude performance, even though G-10 is faster there) but the difference is marginal.

In regards to G-14s agility, its not just low speed pulling power through vertical maneuvers but also better responsiveness at high speed. 

Edited by Ottobon
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I havnt flown the G14 but I would take the K4 over the G10 anyday even with a 30mm due to me falling in love witht the way it handles a trully wonderfull knife fighter thats not as straightforwad as a Spitfire.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks all of you for the answers, especially you Otto. So if I get it the G14 is better at turning, well I think I'll first go with it, just hope the stock syndrom is not too bad (but since it's a 109...)

According to the stickied data collected by Nabutso, the G10 climbs much better to 5000m than the G14, and is also quite a bit faster.

I still prefer the G6 though, for its better battle rating, best climb performance of all Bf109s under 5500m, and decent maneuverability.

Oh, and the K4 requires manual engine control to get a proper climb out of it. Fully open radiator, and using the prop pitch to adjust to 2700RPM once in a while helps very much. It WEPs to 2800RPM, and runs at 2600RPM in level high altitude. These 100RPM are enough of a difference for cooling so that you don't need to go to 100% engine power. Just make sure you are used to changing prop pitch in 109s, as it is easy to overrev the engine.

According to the stickied data collected by Nabutso, the G10 climbs much better to 5000m than the G14, and is also quite a bit faster.

I still prefer the G6 though, for its better battle rating, best climb performance of all Bf109s under 5500m, and decent maneuverability.

G6 is best 109 climber? I mean K4 stats looks much much better...

Its not superior to K-4, but after they changed its engine model it doesn't have the huge dip in horsepower around 1800m it used to have, and instead peaks at 2200M, nearly 1900hp (keep in mind horsepower is often reference at SL or in static condition on engine dyno) basically a BF 109 G-2 engine with MW-50 and at higher ATA, so it has a fair chunk more power at low altitude but is also the lightest of all the tier 4 BF 109s, however because of higher weight in comparison to G-2 and how increased boost lowers critical altitudes of engine (altitude where peak power is made) G-6 is actually worse at 6km+ then G-2

I have not thoroughly retested the BF 109 recently, however i wouldn't be surprised if atleast in a dash from SL to 3km the BF 109 G-6 is the best given its power vs weight with exception of the K-4. 

This isn't the ideal thread for this but honestly i'd like to do a recheck on the G-6, its speed at SL is quite poor (similar to G-14 at about 540kph, so about 30kph off G-10, 45-50kph off K-4) but knowing its power-curve i wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the fastest in the 1-3km region as well (excluding K-4), how fast and if it could put up a solid fight for speed against something like a La-7 being a relevant question.  I'd guess probably not but thats why its worth checking. 

Oh, and the K4 requires manual engine control to get a proper climb out of it. Fully open radiator, and using the prop pitch to adjust to 2700RPM once in a while helps very much. It WEPs to 2800RPM, and runs at 2600RPM in level high altitude. These 100RPM are enough of a difference for cooling so that you don't need to go to 100% engine power. Just make sure you are used to changing prop pitch in 109s, as it is easy to overrev the engine.

I personally never turn off Automatic Prop control with exception of going to 0% when emergency cooling engine, as in engine off and reducing RPMs as much as possible (thus the 0% prop pitch.) The new BF 109 FMs really like to over-rev with automatic prop control turned off.

Edited by Ottobon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

AFAIK, German pilots never touched prop pitch unless strictly when it was a necessity (feathering). The Kommandogerät would do the job in normal operations.

• Upvote 1
medal

G-14, because looks :Ds

That said, I think that G-2 and G-6 are a better choice overall because of lower BR's and G-6 lets you build a sweet 5.3 german lineup in arcade. With G-14 you can only throw in one 5.3 if you want to downtier :( If you are talking about RB, ignore this comment.

Edited by PitchBlackYeti