Josephs_Piano

SU-57 not quite what it should be?

I just bought this premium vehicle - lots of fun, but I have noticed some issues with it.

1/ Gun depression given as  -2 deg in the game according to the "Vertical guidance" numbers in vehicle info in the hanger, but -5 deg in various other places - AFV database (various works referenced), Wiki (referenced to David Doyles Catalogue of standard US vehicles, 2011).  Traverse is given as 27.5 deg either side - game gives it about 1/2 degree less either side (checked in test drive by aiming full left to full right and noting the bearings in the sight) - so not perfect, but not far off :).

2/ Crew & Radio:  the SU-57 in WT has 4 crew and no radio for artillery.  AFV DB gives 5 crew but doesn't mention a radio operator, the wiki article references 5 crew 1 of whom is a radio operator, the FM 9-2800 entry on Lone Sentry doesn't tell us the crew, but does note 5 rifles as small arms carried.  without a radio operator it obviously gets no artillery - which is a hassle, and seems odd for a US sources vehicle in 1942-43, when they all had radios AFAIK.

3/ Speed in game - supposed to be max of 72kph - I can't get it much above 45 kph on the flat in test drive - have occasionally gotten to 46 or 47kph in game but I assume that's due to a small slope.  All the sources above say 45mph/72kph

I don't know if hte BR is worked out on what it actually is, or what it should be - possibly with a significant increase in speed and crew, and a bit of an increase in depression it might have to be upgraded a bit.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I just bought this premium vehicle - lots of fun, but I have noticed some issues with it.

1/ Gun depression given as  -2 deg in the game according to the "Vertical guidance" numbers in vehicle info in the hanger, but -5 deg in various other places - AFV database (various works referenced), Wiki (referenced to David Doyles Catalogue of standard US vehicles, 2011).  Traverse is given as 27.5 deg either side - game gives it about 1/2 degree less either side (checked in test drive by aiming full left to full right and noting the bearings in the sight) - so not perfect, but not far off :).

2/ Crew & Radio:  the SU-57 in WT has 4 crew and no radio for artillery.  AFV DB gives 5 crew but doesn't mention a radio operator, the wiki article references 5 crew 1 of whom is a radio operator, the FM 9-2800 entry on Lone Sentry doesn't tell us the crew, but does note 5 rifles as small arms carried.  without a radio operator it obviously gets no artillery - which is a hassle, and seems odd for a US sources vehicle in 1942-43, when they all had radios AFAIK.

3/ Speed in game - supposed to be max of 72kph - I can't get it much above 45 kph on the flat in test drive - have occasionally gotten to 46 or 47kph in game but I assume that's due to a small slope.  All the sources above say 45mph/72kph

I don't know if hte BR is worked out on what it actually is, or what it should be - possibly with a significant increase in speed and crew, and a bit of an increase in depression it might have to be upgraded a bit.

I suggest making a bug report, you have various sources and guides after all. Its the quickest way of getting it noticed and fixed.

medal medal medal medal

For number 2 I think it should get the 5th crew member, just for better survivability, but no TDs get artillery in WT, so no artillery for su-57. 

For number 3, you should be able to reach your max speed on flat roads, normal ground keeps you from reaching the max speed. 

Yeah, submit a bug report and since its a russian premium, it will get into red alert defcon 1 state aka the end of the world, which means it will get fixed soon™ )))

pls tell me your are being sarcastic. If the there was truly a russian bias don't you think they would have given su-57 the best stats available in the first place?

medal medal medal medal

I'm going to give this one a Test Drive and check this out...

medal

For number 2 I think it should get the 5th crew member, just for better survivability, but no TDs get artillery in WT, so no artillery for su-57. 

For number 3, you should be able to reach your max speed on flat roads, normal ground keeps you from reaching the max speed. 

pls tell me your are being sarcastic. If the there was truly a russian bias don't you think they would have given su-57 the best stats available in the first place?

Ofc it was obvious sarcasm xD )))
medal medal medal medal medal

I know there's different speeds across country vs road - many tanks had 2 official speeds for exactly that, and the X-country one would be much, much slower - but tanks are able to achieve their max speed on flat open country in the game.

I tried the other test-driveable HT's in the USA tree (I have no US vehicles - so that's just the M3 75mm GMC and M15) and they are similarly limited to 42kph - interestingly the engines rev to about 2700 rpm in the lower gears, but only 2000-2100 in top gear. 

The T17E2 also only gets to 42kph.

I also tried the Russian truck mounted AA - they both get to 44 of their max 47km/h in the same test - which is just driving straight ahead at full throttle in the test field as far as the first target.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I suggest making a bug report, you have various sources and guides after all. Its the quickest way of getting it noticed and fixed.

Doesn't seem to have made it past moderation :/

I am not sure how to get onto the Berlin map for any sort of test drive - if that is even possible.  But there is a track on the test drive map so I took it in both directions.  It's not a long straight track, but it's straight enough about as far as the first target - so roughly as long as the cross country test.

it maxed out at 38kph - both ways the same - so it is slower on the track!