Update 28.01.2016 (Server Update)

This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

• Characteristics of the ТТ-250 rockets mounted on the RBT-5 tank have been updated: calibre, stabilizer parameters, thrust output and its deviation.
  • Reloading time for RBT-5 rockets in Arcade Battles has been increased to 70 seconds.
  • Depression angle for RBT-5 has been increased to 9 degrees.

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 3

Does this update also fix the keybinding of "Enter" in the hangar?

I haven't been playing for a couple of days, so I'm uncertain when this started to become an issue.

Usually, in the hanger I pressed Enter to start a battle by pressing "To Battle!".

However, when I press Enter now, it opens de "Events & Tournaments"-window.

Is this working as intended, or actually a bug?

Clicking "To Battle!" with the mouse cursor still starts the queue for a normal battle though.

medal medal medal medal

:Os  Are you telling me i can hit tanks right infront of me with rockets again?!

Also will the rocket stats pen,etc be on the tank info? ive always wondered bout the stats of the rockets.

medal medal medal medal

Why has the research of the two tier 4 P-38's been gone from 50000 a piece to 89000 each? I was researching the first one but now it will take longer, and this was not mentioned anywhere on the home page. I would have researched them intesively if I had known this.

medal medal medal medal

If the minimum distance to hit a target (with rockets) was already 300 m at a 7° angle, this means the minimum distance to hit a

target now is 385 m ... sounds useless - maybe someone can test it and leave a feedback (unfortunately I don't have the RBT-5).

How about increasing the angle to 90 degrees ... still useless but at least you would have the "pleasure" to witness your self-destruction :)

Edited by SeriousDan
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Why has the research of the two tier 4 P-38's been gone from 50000 a piece to 89000 each? I was researching the first one but now it will take longer, and this was not mentioned anywhere on the home page. I would have researched them intesively if I had known this.

That happened in the previous update: http://warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/534
medal

• Forum Moderator

Not to mention NONE of the recent patchnotes stated that the P-38J's and P-38L's RP requirement for modifications have been increased.

If the minimum distance to hit a target (with rockets) was already 300 m at a 7° angle, this means the minimum distance to hit a

target now is 385 m ... sounds useless - maybe someone can test it and leave a feedback (unfortunately I don't have the RBT-5).

How about increasing the angle to 90 degrees ... still useless but at least you would have the "pleasure" to witness your self-destruction :)

Ya, you are right. Better self destruct. At least now you can kill something. Ohh, I had so much fun in the first day. Of course it was like a Kathiusha on a conquered point, (you can see it here in the action https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/293417-esports-thunder-league-results-developments/page-23?p=5747318) but please, developers explain to us, for what reason did you do all those changes? 45 sec already was too much, now with 70 I can go to lunch and maybe when I come back I will fire with two rockets somewhere, because at this rate of fire and now even with this stupid angle only with luck will kill something. I mean, if it were at least guided rockets, to guarantee at least one kill, at least I would have understood why you made these changes, but this is now only a joke. Don't forget the USA have Calliope, Germans have Panzerwerfer, at least Russians have some decent rockets. And some call this Russian bias.

I think 30-40 sec to reload is good, also that 10 sec on target points, and put back the angle, because this tank is so weak that even an MG can kill him, so there is no such thing like encounter face to face is so dangerous to enemy. But if you think this is good like he is now, you make my decision to reduce or almost to not play anymore and even sell my account even easier now. I even wanted to propose to introduce some nukes at level 5, of course which you will buy with SL and have to research it like any tank, but now I think I don't care anymore about this game. I played too much and only frustrations after frustrations and many humiliations. I just researched some days ago the Leopard. What a joke with stock ammo. Why do you have to be humiliated so many games until you can have some decent ammo for every new tank, especially at high BR, for every nation ?

Oh, and to answer to your question, SeriousDan, the minimum distance was 200 m and maximum 500 m. Now it is 250 minimum and 550 m maximum. At least they go further now.

It was 200m before, actually a little under that if you fire the rockets in game. Not quite sure why its AB rocket reloading time is being increased, but it was 70-80 seconds when first introduced anyway.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Wow, more fixes for RBT5 because it surely needs some!

You know what else needs fixing? M103. For over a year.

IKR 

what also needs fixing is the horrid Assault fuse which no one likes.

and undoing the very recent ADPS & HEAT nerfs.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Does anyone actually give a toss about the RBT-5?

Some fixes are better than no fixes, but there are probably more important things to worry about than a teir 1 reward tank. Like..... all of tier 5 across all nations.

Some fixes is better than no fixes i suppose though, keep up the server updates.  :salute:

medal medal medal