Wibox

[eSport] Thunder League - Meet The Pros!

Dear Players!

The playoffs for the first season of the Thunder League, War Thunder's professional eSport tournament, have finally begun! Eight teams are fighting for the Champion's title, with their fans rallying behind them to cheer them on towards final victory. There's much at stake! Not only has the prize fund on saturday surpassed the $50.000 milestone guaranteeing all Dog Tag owners access to the rare Premium vehicles - the Panther T-V and the Bf 109E-7/U2, there is also the unique RBT-5 rocket tank waiting for all those who's favourite team finishes in first place.

Let's meet all the eight teams that are still in the competition! By the way - if reading this changes your mind on who to put your trust in to win the finals and get you that rare RBT-5 rocket tank, remember that by owning the Golden Dog Tag you will be able change the team you favor (or make a first choice if you didn't pick a favorite team yet) between 07:00 GMT 27th of January and 07:00 GMT 29th of January.

Click on "Read more" on each team to see the full article! ​

1st Place - Dislike
They are young and like to have fun, but they can also play really well! “Dislike” know how to use the craziest tactics and make a show out of it. They can do this because of the flawless team coordination and imaginative gameplay style. They were always aiming for first place, although they would never admit it.
Read more...

2nd Place - DYNAMIGHT​
An Explosive team from Poland, “DYNAMIGHT” have been a serious contender for the top places in all tournaments that they participated in. They have excellent pilots and confident tankers and are always set to win and ready to experiment with tactics.

Read more...

3rd Place - Verve
The team that won the Thunder Cup and have already proven that they are a force to be reckoned with. At any given moment, “Verve” are ready to adapt to an opponent’s tactics and strike them down with a devastating blow. Only victory is an option for them and they will go all out to become the champions.
Read more...

4th Place - THINK
Many players from different countries play for “THINK” and they are really the European dream team. They won in all the 7vs7 tournaments, apart from the Thunder Cup, where they placed 2nd. Right now, they aim only for the champions title and we hope to see some new tactical approaches that THINK were always famous for.
Read more...

5th Place - Guard Officers
“Guard Officers” (or GOF for short) are the only Ukrainian team in the Pro Division. They are famous for their top results in Squadron Battles, but also for their great tanking. Recently they recruited some skilled pilots which helped to make their tactics more diverse.
Read more...

6th Place - Arcade eSports
“Arcade eSports” are the first professional team in War Thunder. Their pilots have won many air tournaments before and are rightfully considered amongst the best in the game, while their tankers train hard every day. Arcade is all about pure skill and dynamic gameplay style.
Read more...

7th Place - Poltergeist
This mysterious Russian team can surprise their opponents and some other Pro Division teams have learned this the hard way. “Poltergeist” are well trained, can play in any vehicle in War Thunder and adapt to any other team’s tactics in a split second.
Read more...

8th Place - Der Adler
“Der Adler” are a team with a long history of playing in War Thunder tournaments. As their name suggests, they prefer German vehicles, but let this not fool you since they are experienced and can adjust their tactics “on the fly” in order to win.
Read more...

The War Thunder Team

• Upvote 8

Am I too late to pick my favorite?

As previously announced, picking a favorite team was open until 17.00 GMT on the 23rd of January, which is today. One hour and six minutes ago, in fact.

Owners of the Golden Dog Tag can change their favorite team (or make their first choice, for that matter) between 07:00 GMT 27th of January and 07:00 GMT 29th of January.

• Upvote 3

When will the RP boost start Wibox?

It's in the process of being activated right now. Everyone eligible should have his booster active soon™.

• Upvote 4

Great work guys ,good to see more in depth about the teams playing ....my bet is on DISLIKE ,but I can change it later ;)s

Also when will we get our boosters ,smoke ,and Premium vehicles?

Keep up the good work!

medal medal medal medal medal

Its been over an hour since the Playoffs started and no RP booster in sight. 

Regarding +100%-RP-Boosters:

• Boosters currently state they are valid only for 100 battles, which is an error and will be fixed. Tomorrow, they will show a limit of 1000 battles, as the system (the way it is programmed) needs a maximum number. As it would mean to do more than 100 battles a day to reach that, it equals to a limitless booster for the duration of playoffs.
  • We will extend time that was lost due to technical problems preventing to give out boosters immediately

Have fun in the battles and enjoy that double RP!

• Upvote 2

Great ! And what about T-V and Bf-109 ?

What about the Panther T-V and the Bf-109 E-7-U2? I have the dog tag. Did we get it yet?

You will get it most likely during sunday.

You get 8 days for the 100 RP booster and 100 missions before it expires.

100 battles is error, it will be changed to 1000 battles, as booster need a technical maximum. And 1000 will be enough for the playoffs.

Is it safe to activate the RP boost now or should I wait until tomorrow?

Yep.

• Upvote 8

Do League teams have a web page or FB or official WT page thingy?

They need some so i can tell them where they went wrong :) J/K ofc but they should have a place for fans to congregate  ...

medal medal

You can now read the profiles of all pro teams. Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Pros? Gee.. I don't think none of this 'Pro's can't even win against my squadron in SB.

Not a single one of them can't find in simulator but only AB or RB. 

Pretty sure they are good skills in AB or RB but, Gaijin.. why no 'Pro' team at SB?

There should tons of 'Professional' SB users who could't participate in 'Thunder League' now...

Well, in Gaijin's concept, SB might be not kinda in War Thunder anymore... :P

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Not a single one of them can't find in simulator but only AB or RB. 

Pretty sure they are good skills in AB or RB but, Gaijin.. why no 'Pro' team at SB?

There should tons of 'Professional' SB users who could't participate in 'Thunder League' now...

Same here. I haven't joined a Squadron bc there are almost no SB - only Squadrons and there is no SB League, so the League doesn't really matter for SB players...

ps: I would recommend to separate GF from Pilots. Maybe do a mixed League as well.

~Bogey Edited by bogeyatyour6__
medal medal medal medal medal medal