T10M

Tolenka

Has anyone else noticed something a little different about the T10M's frontal turret armour? Noticed I could no longer pen the 200mm of armour directly around the gun. So I took a look in the armour model in-game and found out it now has 15mm of spaced armour that acts as 75mm+ of armour on top of 200mm. While the E-100 and Maus still have a cast modifier that makes it's frontal turret armour 228mm.

My real question is how long has this extra armour for the T10M been in game, and when are they going to fix the 10mm of roof armour on the Maus engine compartment, cast armour modifier that's currently on American and German tankls, and make the 128mm guns not trash? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

do not go for the turret, gol for the hull with HEATFS. If you only have APHE, just give up and say thanks to the moronic way gaijin makes 1944-45 tanks fight tanks that are 10 years older.

WWII taught so many things to everyone in terms of tanks design that it's simply silly to make them face eachother. It's like if Archers from middle age engaged a figght with soldiers armed with Assault Riffle...

BR needs to go up and tanks with only APHE and their armor should never meet tanks able to fire HEATFS.

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

do not go for the turret, gol for the hull with HEATFS. If you only have APHE, just give up and say thanks to the moronic way gaijin makes 1944-45 tanks fight tanks that are 10 years older.

WWII taught so many things to everyone in terms of tanks design that it's simply silly to make them face eachother. It's like if Archers from middle age engaged a figght with soldiers armed with Assault Riffle...

BR needs to go up and tanks with only APHE and their armor should never meet tanks able to fire HEATFS.

Technically speaking T10M in game is only 23 years newer than Maus, E-100, and jagdtiger.

russian = asap

german/american = probably never

I've witnessed that all to well, thanks though.

Edited by Tolenka
  • Upvote 4

Has anyone else noticed something a little different about the T10M's frontal turret armour? Noticed I could no longer pen the 200mm of armour directly around the gun. So I took a look in the armour model in-game and found out it now has 15mm of spaced armour that acts as 75mm+ of armour on top of 200mm. While the E-100 and Maus still have a cast modifier that makes it's frontal turret armour 228mm.

My real question is how long has this extra armour for the T10M been in game, and when are they going to fix the 10mm of roof armour on the Maus engine compartment, cast armour modifier that's currently on American and German tankls, and make the 128mm guns not trash?

Maus has 220mm thick cheeks in war thunder rather than 240mm
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

You know why you can't pen? because it's 75mm+130mm+270mm armour stacked thats like crying about not penning a maus mantlet with a bt-7.Not to mention there is no proof that the Maus engine compartment isn't 10mm that's why no change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

whats that...

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/224539-maus-roofgrill-armor-directly-above-engine-is-modeled-incorrectly/

well that my firiend is the thing why the grill is only 10mm, but whats that... that was not what the bug report was about?

Oh to bad... got wait another 6 month for fixing.

Meanwhile gaijins 10mm armor.

[spoiler]

image.jpg
image.jpg

[/spoiler]

Edited by Hornet331
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal

whats that...

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/224539-maus-roofgrill-armor-directly-above-engine-is-modeled-incorrectly/

a proof? and a bug report? and accepted?

Oh well things take time tovarish )))))))))))))))

Why'd you have to show him the bug report that was accepted? Wopper won't be happy til he can club 5.0's in his T10M.

• Upvote 3

whats that...

a proof? and a bug report? and accepted?

Oh well things take time tovarish )))))))))))))))

haha it's a GRILL with many holes and spaces no matter how thick you really think it's going to stop a 122mm shell or something? it's nots 

Edited by WOPPER
  • Upvote 2

haha it's a GRILL with many holes and spaces no matter how thick you really think it's going to stop a 122mm shell or something? it's nots 

Those are cooling fins, there would be a piece of metal underneath of it to draw heat out of the engine compartment, and then would be air cooled via the fins. Check your facts before you spew vile bullshit across the forums like a fool.

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

Leave out the personal attacks when discussing a difference of views. Keep it civil!
  • Upvote 6

read the bug report m8ty.

Yes its a grill, that covers the cooling block...that is above the engine :lol2:

This falls into the same category as the hange of the 120mm AP ammo... where people made the bug report about penetration values and gaijin changed the shell type.. (to a worse one)

Edited by Hornet331
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal

I was referring to the mantlet, which is the thickest part of the frontal turret armour, the 220mm cast checks are just a bonus.

Edited by Tolenka

You should never be able to penetrate there, and behind the 200 mm plate would be even further protection. It was reported along with the incorrect angles when the T-10M was still on the dev server. 

russian = asap

german/american = probably never

Woah! They Russian speaking devs fix Russian-related things that are reported in Russian faster? WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED! /s.

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Woah! They Russian speaking devs fix Russian-related things that are reported in Russian faster? WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED! /s.

So just Russian bias.  :lol2:

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal

So just Russian bias.  :lol2:

Watch out, don't want to get my thread locked to quickly, I already got a warning from a mod lol.  :crazy:

Edited by Tolenka

This is rather old news though seeing as this was implemented when they revamped the T-10M tank model. Though I don't know why anyone would shoot at the turret when the lower plate is only 120mm angled at 50 degree's.

Edit: The 12.8cm is a great gun. What makes you think its trash? Edited by XxMockingBirdxX

This is rather old news though seeing as this was implemented when they revamped the T-10M tank model. Though I don't know why anyone would shoot at the turret when the lower plate is only 120mm angled at 50 degree's.

Edit: The 12.8cm is a great gun. What makes you think its trash?

The 253mm of max pen at average combat ranges, or maybe the 785.6g of TNT equivalent that performs less than the 204g of TNT equivalent in the 122mm Br-472, or maybe its the fact that 2 of the 3 tanks that are armed with the 128mm can be killed by shooting a round down the inside of the barrel, which isn't modeled on any other tanks in game.  

• Upvote 5

what does the tank/airplane being russian have anything to do with the ability of them fixing it? they have access to documents for all nations in the game, and they even have an international dev team. their only problem is sekrit dokumints and not russian bias xaxaxa))))

Edited by dalexandre099
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

That fix on the mantlet is historical....

medal medal medal

of CHA instead  of either RHA or wotan n/a... but i think it is actually more likely to be 236mms (240mm plate bent looses a bit of thickness)

medal medal medal medal

what does the tank/airplane being russian have anything to do with the ability of them fixing it? they have access to documents for all nations in the game, and they even have an international dev team. their only problem is sekrit dokumints and not russian bias xaxaxa))))

Translation is a problem.

but hey, let's just all put on tin foil hats and cry Russian bias.

Edited by Choogleblitz
  • Upvote 3

Translation is a problem.

but hey, let's just all put on tin foil hats and cry Russian bias.

remember how the D-13 had an invisible 500kg bomb for about a year and a half? i dont think any translation would take them that long, especially when they have access to documents already translated for them

they just dont care about any other nations unless it's for nerfing them

• Upvote 5
medal medal

That fix on the mantlet is historical....

Cast armour of 165mm and above negates this quality, and if this is a historical fix, why have other tanks that would suffer similar problems from armour not be represented (early T-34's for example)?

remember how the D-13 had an invisible 500kg bomb for about a year and a half? i dont think any translation would take them that long, especially when they have access to documents already translated for them

they just dont care about any other nations unless it's for nerfing them

Yeah, there's no underperforming Russian aspects or anything... right? Oh, but that would mean we can't cry about Russian bias. :(

Aircraft specific? Brick MiG-15 for a year+? Oh, and they have easy access to documents pertaining to domestically produced vehicles and aircraft. 

Edited by Choogleblitz
  • Upvote 2

The 253mm of max pen at average combat ranges, or maybe the 785.6g of TNT equivalent that performs less than the 204g of TNT equivalent in the 122mm Br-472, or maybe its the fact that 2 of the 3 tanks that are armed with the 128mm can be killed by shooting a round down the inside of the barrel, which isn't modeled on any other tanks in game.

It used to do less damage than the 122mm rounds a while back but that has since been changed (I think the post with the data mined values confirmed that). As form the pen, how is 253 bad? Its enough to pen most of its opposion from the front even out to 1000 meters. The turret weakspots on the Maus and E-100 can be angled and deflect a majority of APBC shells (this I know for a fact playing my Maus) and the shooting down the barrel kills can be done to other tanks.
Anyhow I'm wondering how the having a poor turret makes the 12.8cm gun garbage? The M60 has a pretty weak turret, guess that makes the L7 garbage?