OrsonES

[Competition] Snail Awards: Heroes Redux

Welcome to the second installment of the Snail Awards Video Competition!

After the success of the first Snail Awards, which was based all around the game's Combined Battles approach, we are again looking for the best Community-made trailers about War Thunder - but this time, we want you to re-interpret a true War Thunder classic, the Heroes Trailer from 2013.

Did you know that there's a concert version of the theme song? Find it on YouTube here!

The Task: Heroes Redux

Create your own War Thunder trailer featuring the Heroes Trailer's theme song. Whatever the topic, whatever the focus - you decide, as long as it fits perfectly to the music. Goosebumps time! Make sure to exclusively use War Thunder in-game footage, put the music's credits in the outtro of the video (details in the competition's Terms) and you're good to go!

You can download the Heroes Trailer's music in WAV and MP3.
Please note that you may only use this track in connection with the competition, unless authorized seperately by us.

After you're finished, upload it to War Thunder Live with the hasthag #heroesredux. Participation is possible until the end of March 31st, 2016, with the winners being announced a few days later.

Prizes

After considering the great amount of effort and enthusiasm shown by the creators during the last Snail Awards competition, we've decided to this time do justice to the great work done - and outright double the prizes!

GOLDEN MOVIE AWARD
20 000 

SILVER MOVIE AWARD
15 000 

BRONZE MOVIE AWARD
10 000 

Please note that the amount of winners per award is not limited. If we have so many great contributions that multiple trailers qualify for a Golden Snail Award, so be it! We're looking forward to as many submissions as possible. Good luck!

The War Thunder Team

Supported by

Terms for participation: 

• The video should be around the length of the Heroes Trailer's music;
  • Please add credit to the music's composers to the outtro of your video:

War Thunder “Heroes”
    Music composed and arranged by Lorenzo Scagnolari
    Melody and Lyrics written by Francesco Libralon
    Produced by Gaijin Entertainment

• The video quality must be HD (1280x720) or higher;
  • The video must be hosted on one of the following sites: YouTube or Vimeo;
  • The video must be posted on War Thunder Live with the hasthag #heroesredux and in the competition topic on our official forum;
  • Use only the War Thunder Heroes music. If you use sound effects that are not from the game, they must be available without copyright and free for any use;
  • All picture footage must come from War Thunder;
  • Movie’ graphic settings are a minimum for any footage recorded;
  • You are free to use special effects in your video and edit it (highlight reel / montage);
  • The winners will be decided by a panel of judges from the War Thunder community team;
  • The Contest Organisers reserve the right to alter these Conditions at any time;
  • You automatically agree to pass the exclusive rights of the video to Gaijin Entertainment if your submission is picked as a winner;
  • The deadline for posting entries is the end of March 31st, 2016. Competition winners will be announced a few days later.

Please do not post anything containing swastikas, SS division symbols, profanity, vulgar symbols, etc. Please do not post anything that breaks our rules as we cannot display it, your video will not be considered.

• Upvote 4

why is german war crime szuff forbidden but other countries not? I dont want you to make SS and swastika avaliable but to block war crime stuff from other coountries too

something to read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes

• Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal

Is the PS4 video quality good enough?

Cheers Fox.

I think it is. Should be kinda discriminating to lock PS4 players out of the contest :)

why is german war crime szuff forbidden but other countries not? I dont want you to make SS and swastika avaliable but to block war crime stuff from other coountries too

Please not this discussion again.

• Upvote 3

Does someone has the lyrics of the song?

Thanks for making the soundtrack available in .wav format and not only in mp3, can we please get the concert version of the theme song too ? not necessarily for this contest but this concert version is better .

For the video contest itself well it won't be easy to reinterpret the video as there is a lot of focus on faces or bodies in the original video and in game they need a big and long awaited revamp : http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/258073-new-player-models-for-aircraft-pilotgunners/

Good luck to those participating in this.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Good look to all participants!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_war_crimes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_war_crimes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II

Where does the opening post mention anything about war crimes? Our general rules already cover that such content, indepentent of the nation of origin, is completely forbidden.

And indeed, there is no reason to discuss this any further or make other ridiculous implications.

Can we use 3D stuff tho, to enhance our video? (without copyright ofc)

Yes.

• Upvote 4

Where does the opening post mention anything about war crimes? Our general rules already cover that such content, indepentent of the nation of origin, is completely forbidden.

Please do not post anything containing swastikas, SS division symbols, profanity, vulgar symbols, etc.

The only specifically probhited stuff are both from the 3rd Reich camp

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Please do not post anything containing swastikas, SS division symbols, profanity, vulgar symbols, etc.

Because some of these symbols are - to some limited degree - tolerated on War Thunder Live for e.g. the recreation of fully historical German aircraft skins, but are not tolreated in this competition.

• Upvote 2

Simple Example:

In germany the usage of these symbols in video games is forbidden by law! The same goes for public advertising of a game with a trailer containing these symbols.

The outcome of the Snail-awards competition is a Trailer. It will be featured on the front page!

So if a german public prosecutor sees the trailer he could file a lawsuit against Gaijin. Result: Game will be on the german index or even worse forbidden.

Btw. thats the same reason why those symbols are not in the game and skinners who want to participate in the skin contest have to hand in skins without them.

Edited by CmdNomad

I think it is. Should be kinda discriminating to lock PS4 players out of the contest :)

Is that something new?? It's not like we aren't used to it by now... dog tags, no, control presets, no, replays, no, packs in store, no, same discounts and prizes, no, no no no no nooooooo :facepalm:

medal medal medal medal

Simple Example:

In germany the usage of these symbols in video games is forbidden by law! The same goes for public advertising of a game with a trailer containing these symbols.

The outcome of the Snail-awards competition is a Trailer. It will be featured on the front page!

So if a german public prosecutor sees the trailer he could file a lawsuit against Gaijin. Result: Game will be on the german index or even worse forbidden.

Btw. thats the same reason why those symbols are not in the game and skinners who want to participate in the skin contest have to hand in skins without them.

The point: ·                                                        You: :)

Pretty big miss. I was just saying they could have included f.e. Soviet Gulag concentration camps in "Please do not post anything..."

The point is not about me wanting gaijin to break the laws, but the fact we live in world of "equal and antiracism" and giving only german examples may trigger flower hat Aunts (don't know what they're called in english)

medal medal medal medal

The point: ·                                                        You: :)

Pretty big miss. I was just saying they could have included f.e. Soviet Gulag concentration camps in "Please do not post anything..."

The point is not about me wanting gaijin to break the laws, but the fact we live in world of "equal and antiracism" and giving only german examples may trigger flower hat Aunts (don't know what they're called in english)

God this is like Tumblr all over again: SJWs that will literally complain about anything, whether it's Swastikas or anything related to World War II history.

I'm super hyped and excited to actually join this competition! Been wanting to do something with the Heroes soundtrack, and now is a perfect opportunity! Can't wait to see what other people will produce!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This would be great, too bad War Thunder auto-detects and auto-corrects your graphics settings.

Back in the day, the client would allow me to have a beautiful laggy experience on an integrated graphics card, now it forces me on to ULQ when I start. Silly because I could make amazing looking videos that had extremely dramatic slow motion segments due to the fact that I had to record the replays at 0.250% speed. This would mean, when sped up I could get up to 120 frames to play with, around 30 at 1/4 speed. Was seriously amazing, audio had to be dubbed separately but what the hay. that was menial. I hope, in the future, Gaijin lowers their restrictions and turns auto-detect back off.

Now I can't use anything but ULQ, which has somehow caused the CDK (all versions, some weird dx11 problem that 1.53 introduced and was never fixed) to stop working as well, so everything this game has offered me for creativity is flat out broken now. Sadly this bleeds into skins as well. When using Low-Medium quality settings (WarThunder forced) you only get 1k textures. I had to use asset viewer to find and export all the HQ skins in the game and overwrite all the default skins with high res default user skins. It didn't change my framerate even a single frame. Just sucks.... I miss being able to make movies with all that glimmer and glammer from the sun, misty backgrounds and beautiful shaders. Now my videos look like they are made from an old Lego's game

I won't be able to do this for the Eagles, but I will do it because I love making stuff like this. Good luck to those who are in the money :lol:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

This would be great, too bad War Thunder auto-detects and auto-corrects your graphics settings.

Back in the day, the client would allow me to have a beautiful laggy experience on an integrated graphics card, now it forces me on to ULQ when I start. Silly because I could make amazing looking videos that had extremely dramatic slow motion segments due to the fact that I had to record the replays at 0.250% speed. This would mean, when sped up I could get up to 120 frames to play with, around 30 at 1/4 speed. Was seriously amazing, audio had to be dubbed separately but what the hay. that was menial. I hope, in the future, Gaijin lowers their restrictions and turns auto-detect back off.

Now I can't use anything but ULQ, which has somehow caused the CDK (all versions, some weird dx11 problem that 1.53 introduced and was never fixed) to stop working as well, so everything this game has offered me for creativity is flat out broken now. Sadly this bleeds into skins as well. When using Low-Medium quality settings (WarThunder forced) you only get 1k textures. I had to use asset viewer to find and export all the HQ skins in the game and overwrite all the default skins with high res default user skins. It didn't change my framerate even a single frame. Just sucks.... I miss being able to make movies with all that glimmer and glammer from the sun, misty backgrounds and beautiful shaders. Now my videos look like they are made from an old Lego's game

I won't be able to do this for the Eagles, but I will do it because I love making stuff like this. Good luck to those who are in the money :lol:

Can't you try to start via aces.exe and turn the config.blk prior into read-only? Work for me.

medal medal medal medal medal

For those of you who may want to use it, here's the Lyrics to the song:

Feel the breeze

Look at the sky

Sun's heating my cold skin

Take a breath, look around

See the world 

But this wind makes me hear

Far away moan

Heroes voices choked by war,

By the war

And I feel, one day for real

We'll all erase the past mistakes

The sun will wash away the dirty black rain 

The whole world shows us its majesty 

The noise of fear will hide in the depth

And lights from today show us the way
  • Upvote 4

Seeing as I had this project under dust it seemed to fit perfectly with the song and some tweaking.  It will be the first of my submissions and as far as I can see the first of all submissions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJiLf2rQcOk&feature=youtu.be

Edited by ______BlackCat13
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal