*CptCosmic

ID:0039119 26/01/16 AD2 supercharger => WEP doesnt work in 2nd stage

Hello,

if supercharger switches to 2nd stage, either due to auto engine control if you are at high altitude or by manual engine control, WEP ceases to work. in 2nd stage of supercharger using WEP or 100% has exactly the same horse power or RPM and there is no increase in power.

replay where I tested supercharger in RB with MEC right after start is in attachment

screenshots of localhost http://localhost:8111/ in 2nd stage of supercharger with WEP ON/OFF, where you can see there is no difference of HP/RPM, is also in attachment

best regards

medal medal medal medal medal

As this was a post war aircraft there is some possibility that WEP was no longer used.  I will need to check with the Flight Manual I have.

Thanks

Please supply the historical evidence that this aircraft should operate in the manner you assert.

Thanks

I can only provide the pilot manual which I found through google

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/douglas/ad-skyraider/an-01-40ala-1-pilot-s-handbook-for-ad-2-2q-ad-3-3q-aircraft.html

on page 54 (which is page 30 of the document)it it says how to engage war emergency power when supercharger is set to high or low:

to obtain combat power set controls as follows:

mixture rich or normal

propereller full increase (2900rpm in low blower or 2600 rpm in high blower)

master water injection switch on

the flight operation instruction chart also shows that war emergency is possible with when supercharger is set to high.

the document unfortunately does not tell the horse power or manifold pressure when doing so.

one thing I forgot to note, in the pilot manual the water injection is a switch additionally to throttle.

according to the pilot manual

military should run at 2900 rpm at full throttle when supercharge is set to low and 2600 RPM when supercharger is set to high and activating WEP would just manifold pressure but not the RPM, I dont think it behaves like that ingame.

thanks - reporting

• Upvote 1

thanks - reporting

thx for checking :)

I also noticed another thing.

ingame the engine maxes at ~54" an ~2150 BHP.

if you check the the pilot manual curves and power plant chart you will see that it should runs at 61.5" and that the engine pulls 2700 BHP on military power at sea level:

http://i.imgur.com/tISAkr6.png

ok I double checked it again and the AD2 is massively underperforming

1. RPM, horse power and manifold pressure (http://i.imgur.com/tISAkr6.pnghttp://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/douglas/ad-skyraider/an-01-40ala-1-pilot-s-handbook-for-ad-2-2q-ad-3-3q-aircraft.html)

how it should be according to pilot manual =>

-according to the pilot manual charts military was 2900 rpm, 2700 HP with 54,5 manfifold pressure at first stage of supercharger. WEP increased manfiold pressure to 61,5" at 2900 RPM at SL.

-in second stage of supercharger military is supposed to be 2100 hp at 51,5 with 2600 RPM, WEP increasing manifold pressure at same RPM (document does not state how much though)

how it is ingame =>

-ingame WEP is 2900 rpm at 54,5", military is 2600 rpm at 54,5", military horse power is only 2300

-ingame second stage supercharger military produces only 1800 hp and WEP doesnt work at all

2. speed is way too low

according to pilot manual =>

-according to pilot manual charts fully loaed ad2 with 3x2k lbs bombs went ~434 kmh IAS at SL using engine settings for maximum continous power (2300 HP, 45.5", not full power) according to pilot manual

-with no load and full fuel it is 525 kmh IAS at SL at maximum continous (2300 HP, 45.5")

ingame =>

-ingame I only got 498 kmh IAS at SL with minimum fuel and no load with WEP

-couldnt test full load cause I dont have it yet but with 2x500 lbs, 12 hvar rockets, minimum fuel WITH WEP I was just a bit faster then a fully loaded (full fuel, 3x2000 lbs boms) AD2 at continous power (2300 HP)

*EDIT*

added the files here too

also screenshots of localhost:8111 showing described behavior (WEP & Militar HP/RPM in stage 1 or 2 of supercharger)

Edited by *CptCosmic
  • Upvote 1

Where is the replay file and clog from this please.

All Test Flights require a replay file and clog.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Where is the replay file and clog from this please.

All Test Flights require a replay file and clog.

Thanks

I will prepare and provide it to you as soon as I get home 

best regards

as requested the files

with minimum fuel, 2x500lbs and 12 rockets I reached 447 kmh IAS (couldnt test higher load cause I dont have it yet) during WEP (supposed to be  61.5" manifold but it isnt)

according to pilot manual charts, full fuel, 2x1000 lbs bombs and 12 rockets reached 457 kmh IAS with only maximum continous setting (2300 hp, 45.5")

and after dropping bombs and rockets I reached only 498 kmh IAS with WEP (61.5")

as already pointed out before according to pilot manual charts, with no load and full fuel AD2 managed 525 kmh IAS at SL at maximum continous (2300 hp, 45.5")

as you can see the AD2 ingame with WEP doesnt even reach the speed/power of AD2 with just maximum continous power.

I also made screenshots of localhost:8111 showing:

-ingame WEP is 2900 rpm at 54,5", military is 2600 rpm at 54,5", military is horse power is only 2300

-ingame second stage supercharger military only produces 1800 hp and WEP does nothing

another question, is there a chance that we get all the ordnance options listed in the pilot manual (e.g. 3 x 2000 lbs or 3x1000 lbs and 12x250 lbs etc...)

I would need to check to be sure but I have a vague recollection of the load outs for this being submitted already.

But I will get this tested over the next few days.

Cheers

Messer_Smitt (Posted )

Tested - Confirmed.
  • Upvote 1

Hello!
         Thank you for your help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the developers and the tracking number is: ID:0039119    

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  
After this time the report will remain active but will be archived.

It will also serve as a place where the developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.

• Upvote 1

Archived