I was looking up stuff on wikipedia (Im a scumbag, I know) and I came across the M60, specifically the M60A1 which has been confirmed for the game, I noticed the M60A1 had 2 sub variants to it,  the M60A1/AOS and the M60A1/RISE. The RISE only had minor improvements all around that would not really be noticed in game, but the AOS had one specific improvement that would change the way the M60A1 is played, and make it more different from the current in game M60. The M60A1/AOS had gun stabilization, similar to the in game T-10M, and the confirmed Leopard 1A1 and T-62. Introducing the M60A1/AOS would not only make it more balanced to the other new tier 5 tanks, but it would let the M60A1 play like it should be, a shoot and scoot tank. 

 

What do you think? Should the M60A1/AOS be added over the regular M60A1, beside it, or not at all? 

 

1st Party: 

http://www.amazon.com/Tankograd-3021-M60A1-M728-Service/dp/B00JHMXJ6Y

https://books.google.com/books?id=G1oYAAAAYAAJ&pg=SA11-PA35&lpg=SA11-PA35&dq=M60A1+AOS&source=bl&ots=glsCIy-L2M&sig=M0D7EC3QgHwipnMssg3Gpp1U4Z4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNyMifl4rKAhUK5iYKHV4dDL04ChDoAQgbMAA#v=onepage&q=M60A1%20AOS&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=xlwYAAAAYAAJ&pg=PR1&lpg=PR1&dq=M60A1+AOS&source=bl&ots=dKcQOCBq-Y&sig=iZcS1FJtlDCaGdQO-eWxacyS2bA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjeruTll4rKAhUGbSYKHTC4AfYQ6AEIVzAL#v=onepage&q=M60A1%20AOS&f=false

 

3rd Party: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60_Patton

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=28

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/US/M60_Patton.php

 

  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Considering that the A1 is confirmed, and the A1/AOS is literally the A1 with an added stabilizer (as far as I understand), and the other top tiers are also getting stabilizers as you mentioned, this makes perfect sense. Can't see any reason not to add it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I won't be surprised if the M60A1 that they are going to add will have gun stabilization.

It's worth asking in BVV_ds Q&A Edited by USVIKILLER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not just as an upgade? :/ anyway I support!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It'd work best as an upgrade on the M60A1's upgrade tree, though the stabilisation itself can't be too good as it was pretty rudimentary overall, much worse than the stabs on the Centurion, Chieftain, Leopard 1A1 or T-55/62 of the same time period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since when are stabilisers actually ingame? Ever drive a sherman? They had a stabiliser, cant see any of that in game tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd work best as an upgrade on the M60A1's upgrade tree, though the stabilisation itself can't be too good as it was pretty rudimentary overall, much worse than the stabs on the Centurion, Chieftain, Leopard 1A1 or T-55/62 of the same time period.

 

Hmm how did you come to that conclusion? AS far i know the stabi on the leo cam from cadillac gage.MIght be possible, but i doubt that american practice would have been to sell better equipment to its allies than they use them self's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

 

I was going to suggest this, but somebody did it a year earlier.  XD

Now that we know there is a technological cutoff this looks very reasonable.

Also a couple of tips:

1) Add a poll

2) Change the title to: "Replace M60A1, currently ingame, with M60A1 AOS"

 

I put here the reference I was going to use, so you could add it to the main post: "Tanks Inside & Out - Michael E. Haskew "

M60A1 AOS.jpg

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Josh_Yong said:

Mods, Would it be possible to merge my suggestion with this one?

 

There is no reason to merge this post with yours.

You are suggesting a lot of things in your post and this, on the other hand, is a simple one with a simple implementation.

Pretty much none of the features of the RISE upgrade will affect the performance of the vehicle ingame, because they will not have an impact (improve reliability of the engine, thermal sleeves). However, the gun stabilization will have an impact in the gameplay.

And yes, I'm aware the RISE came after the AOS. But adding only AOS is a much simpler job for the devs, therefore we will have it faster.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, VIPER_wotn said:

Got off of the dev sever a few hours ago, the M60a1 has a stabalizer dont worry

Yeah I saw, need to get this put in implemented

Edited by ustinodj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 as an upgraded module only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-1 as a module, +1 as a new tank.

I'd like the M60A1 w/o AOS for scenarios and also as a backup tank.

 

HOWEVER, Current M60A1 has stabilization and is basically already an AOS variant already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Retry said:

-1 as a module, +1 as a new tank.

I'd like the M60A1 w/o AOS for scenarios and also as a backup tank.

 

HOWEVER, Current M60A1 has stabilization and is basically already an AOS variant already.

It only works under 5mph.. the m60a3 or m60a1 AOS can go like 15 or 20mph with good stabilization on decent terrain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *Baconator100012 said:

It only works under 5mph.. the m60a3 or m60a1 AOS can go like 15 or 20mph with good stabilization on decent terrain.

Might want to file a bug report then, because that's not describing the M60A1 on the dev server whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Retry said:

Might want to file a bug report then, because that's not describing the M60A1 on the dev server whatsoever.

 

Actually, the first M60a1 historically had that. When they upgraded it, the stabilizer became much better. That is why im saying it should be an upgrade module towards to M60a1. Sooner or later, we will have the M60a1 passive, super m60ax, 120mm m60a3, and an m60 sabre(120mm). So there will be plenty of different m60s but the M60a1 AOS should be an upgraded part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *Baconator100012 said:

 

Actually, the first M60a1 historically had that. When they upgraded it, the stabilizer became much better. That is why im saying it should be an upgrade module towards to M60a1. Sooner or later, we will have the M60a1 passive, super m60ax, 120mm m60a3, and an m60 sabre(120mm). So there will be plenty of different m60s but the M60a1 AOS should be an upgraded part.

"Early M60A1s had no stabilization system.  An AOS or add-on-stabilizer was retrofitted in the early 1970s, enhancing first hit killing rate by keeping the gun close to the aim while on the move."

 

I disagree completely with the theory that we'll eventually get all sorts of M60s, especially the M60 Sabre and 120mm M60A3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is alot of MBT floating around the forums and its getting popular. They'rw talling about challengers, T55M, T62M, T72, M60a2, and alot of other composite tanks. So i don't see why a bandage 120mm M60a3 can't get in when the worthy opponent are the super m60ax or m60 Sabre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *Baconator100012 said:

There is alot of MBT floating around the forums and its getting popular. They'rw talling about challengers, T55M, T62M, T72, M60a2, and alot of other composite tanks. So i don't see why a bandage 120mm M60a3 can't get in when the worthy opponent are the super m60ax or m60 Sabre.

I'm well aware of the talk around the forums, in fact it's been around for longer than you have.  It's continuously debunked, and the further in time we go the more stuff is classified, and thus not possible to actually implement accurately in the game.  Gaijin's "no composite" thing has also been extremely strict on that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Retry said:

I'm well aware of the talk around the forums, in fact it's been around for longer than you have.  It's continuously debunked, and the further in time we go the more stuff is classified, and thus not possible to actually implement accurately in the game.  Gaijin's "no composite" thing has also been extremely strict on that matter.

You're right, the whole no composite have been a big no no. Though we are slowly creeping into this modern tanks. 

1 minute ago, ustinodj said:

Guys on the dev server the M60A1 is now the M60A1(AOS), so no point in arguing.

How do i get on the dev server? Im a full time ps4 user.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ahem.

Let me suggest the stabilization becomes a researchable module for M60A1, as IRL it was a mid-life upgrade eitherway. If more sources are needed, I can look up some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.