North American P-51A-1 TL

• 4 weeks later...

Is this realistic for the plane to wobble around the sky?

at speeds approaching 200-250mph the P-51s airframe had a known issue with stability. (it was gradually fixed with the D then fully resolved with the H)

The question I have is why does it have the old P-51 Overheat issue?

Edited by Sakuzhi
medal medal medal medal

at speeds approaching 200-250mph the P-51s airframe had a known issue with stability. (it was gradually fixed with the D then fully resolved with the H)

The question I have is why does it have the old P-51 Overheat issue?

Thanks for the answer. I never knew that, I guess you learn something new every day ;)

Overheat is very annoying. It dies cool down, but very slowly.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks for the answer. I never knew that, I guess you learn something new every day ;)

Overheat is very annoying. It dies cool down, but very slowly.

It's the Oil not cooling off and over-heating too fast that makes this plane nearly impossible to use on a Pacific map.

Anyway, here's some more about that P-51 I was referring to.

The airplane is very maneuverable with excellent control for acrobatrics. In gentle and steep turns controls are light and very effective. The airplane will stall and tend to snap roll if the turn is pulled in too hard or violently. When pulled in moderately it gives warning of the approaching stall by a slight buffeting of the airplane and vibration of the controls. At slow speeds the airplane will give stall warnings with abrupt use of the controls, however, there is no tendency to spin. The rate of roll of this airplane is especially good with satisfactory control.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/mustang/p-51b-6883.html

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/mustang/P-51B-Spin-Tests.pdf

Some reading for you.

medal medal medal medal