SubRyan

Kawasaki Ki-61-I tei

Hello SubRyan,

May i ask why all others Ki-61's have the minimum fuel load set at 30 minutes and this one have 45 minutes for fuel load as minimum, is there a reason for this please ?

Thank you.

Edit : never-mind, it apparently have an extra fuel tank compared to others :/

Edited by Kanay
medal medal medal medal

Is the 3d model or the Data Sheet wrong, considering the Tei looks to be longer than Hei in game but their datasheets say same length for both? Or something else?

The major difference appears to be on the propeller area, with the other differences probably caused by the minor camera sway when I took the screenshots (did not intentionally move the camera though).
The propeller for Hei is listed as a Sumitomo / Hamilton, while the Tei has a Sumitomo. Same diameter, slightly different prop pitch range and different weight. The prop blades rest at different position in hangar so they can't be compared easily from the attached screenshots of the two planes overlaid, but the nose cone is definitely a different shape/size.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:178365] Edited by tizianenel
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello SubRyan,

May i ask why all others Ki-61's have the minimum fuel load set at 30 minutes and this one have 45 minutes for fuel load as minimum, is there a reason for this please ?

Thank you.

Edit : never-mind, it apparently have an extra fuel tank compared to others :/

It has a minimum of 30min fuel after you research some modifications... I noticed this on some other planes too recently... looks like Gaijin has silently implemented this feature to enhance (by players so beloved) "stock syndrome". :)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It has a minimum of 30min fuel after you research some modifications... I noticed this on some other planes too recently... looks like Gaijin has silently implemented this feature to enhance (by players so beloved) "stock syndrome". :)

Thanks , yeah i noticed this a while ago and posted on the Ki-61 thread about this, forgot i had posted here too :  https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/20500-ki-61/page-41#entry5567883

Thanks

medal medal medal medal