OrsonES

Q&A with Vyacheslav (BVV_d) Bulannikov

Currently, the matchmaker of jets is a mess. You have "mid-tier" jets (such as the Yak-30, Meteor F.4, Me 163, F2H, Me 262 C-2b etc) that wipe the floor with early jets (such as the P-80, Me 262 A, Ho 229 etc) but suffer when fighting against top tier jets (such as MiG-15bis, MiG-17, CL-13, F-86F-2 etc) because those mid-tier jets are at battle rating 8.0. Will we ever see the addition of battle rating 10.0 for top tier jets, so that top tier jets fight against each other alone exclusively in order to adjust the battle ratings of mid-tier jets in a way they wouldn't have to face top-performing and early jets? My point is simply that top-tier, mid-tier and early jets should fight against each other alone only without interference from the other (early jets vs early jets only, mid-tier jets vs mid-tier jets only, top-tier jets vs top-tier jets only). That would make the matchmaker breathe and make jet battles properly balanced for more fun.

Edited by EpicBlitzkrieg87
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Game Mechanics

1. The blast from a powerful gun firing or shell has the potential to injure or kill crew members. Can this be implemented for exposed-crew vehicles?
  2. On Tanks, will thin pieces of metal receive more dynamic destruction? It would be nice to see them receive damage from impacts with tanks or buildings, with thin, loosely attached armor sometimes falling off completely.
  3. Will damage to radiators and fuel tanks make a difference in the performance of tanks? Currently, they seem to do nothing to the tank when hit. 
  4. Will headlights ever be added? They could be toggled on and off, and can help with film making or simply seeing in the dark. 
  5. Can ammunition in aircraft be detonated while it is attached to the aircraft? For the most part, I am talking about bombs, rockets and torpedoes. 
  6. Can bombs and torpedoes collide with other planes, causing damage? Implemented
  7. Will there ever be an ammunition fire in a tank which does not immediately explode? (Other than vehicles with blow-out panels). Realistically, the ammunition storages could be on fire but not explode for a few seconds.
  8. Some early Japanese tanks, such as the Chi-Nu, have a strange panel behind the turret ammunition rack. It does not have a handle on the outside, so most speculate that it is intended as an early form of a blowout panel. Can some functionality of this be added?
  9. Will regenerative steering be added?
  10. Will the weakening of armor from multiple hits be added?
  11. Will the visual damage of aircraft be improved? For example, fires do not char the surface of the aircraft, and the placement, shape, and appearance of holes are limited.
  12. Will the damage model of aircraft be improved? Currently, it separates into wings, fuselage, and tail, no matter how hard it hits the ground, or how big of an explosion occurs. Improvements could be more ways to fracture the aircraft, and partial destruction, where the wing is partially attached. 
  13. Will a "partial hull-break" be possible, physically removing pieces of armor (similar to how side-skirts can be destroyed with shells)? I read here (from Tank Archives) that it was possible to tear off the cupola of a Tiger H with the 57mm ZiS-2.
  14. The APDS on the 17pdr seems too accurate. Historically, it was known for being extremely inaccurate. Did new tests in 1.77 and it seems to be better now.
  15. Regarding views in Tank Simulator Battles:
    1. Will the commander be modeled with his head outside the hatch?
    2. If so, can there be an inside-the-cupola view for the commander?
    3. Will views for the loader, bow machine gunner (etc.) be added?
    4. Can the view be restricted to those of living crew members only?
  16. Will the destruction of tanks be improved? For example, fracturing welds and armor plates, or completely removing bolted/riveted plates.
  17. Will historical armor effectiveness modifiers be added, for RB and SB at least?
  18. Can fire extinguishers be replenished on Capture points?
  19. Will destructible map elements be improved? The way trees fall over is unrealistic, fences and gates do not always deform, and more. 
  20. Will collision mechanics for lighter vehicles, especially unarmored ones, be reworked? Currently, trucks can hit walls in excess of 40 km/h without any damage to the vehicle or the crew.
  21. Can bombs/torpedoes do damage to ground units before they explode? For example, a 1000 kg bomb landing directly onto a truck would probably destroy the truck. 
  22. Will a more realistic towing cable system be added? Currently, there is just a black line that appears between the two vehicles that hooks them together. It would be nice to see the rope attached to realistic towing points, and have a realistic rope. 
  23. Can turrets can be torn off by a large enough caliber shell hitting part of the main structure?
  24. In this video, it is shown that it is possible to damage/destroy an aircraft's tail by overdoing the rudder inputs. Can such mechanics be added, (for RB/SB)
  25. Since many aircraft have their guns synchronized with their propellers, when the engine is stopped, should the rate of fire for the guns be changed?
  26. Will the destruction of tracks, tires, and running gear be improved? Currently, the entire track is modeled as one piece, while in reality, it was separate links.
  27. Could the individual track links be modeled for more accurate destruction, as well as more realistic visual appearance for them too?
  28. Can destroying wheel hubs, tires, drive sprockets, idler wheels, road wheels, and return rollers have any effect on the tank's performance?
  29. Will collision mechanics be added for gun barrels, at least in RB/SB? It's weird to have them sticking through buildings. 
  30. Why is there camera shake while using "WEP", even if the engine is off?
  31. Can crew members have more detailed models? That way, helmets, individual body parts, etc, can affect performance in different ways if injured.
  32. Can having a tank/ground vehicle being inverted/flipped affect some of its internal functions? It's not easy to load a KV-2 properly when the tank is upside down.
  33. Will we be able to "customize" the amount of ammo we keep in 1st-order Ammo Racks (Ready Racks)? For some vehicles, I just want fewer shells to prevent ammo detonation
  34. Can some bridges collapse under weight?

Visual Appearance

1. Can the "explosion" effect of AI ground units be fixed too? The flames blast an unnatural 3-6 meters in the air, and last for way too long.
  2. Does the size of an ammunition detonation depend on the ammo count? It seems that the explosions are all the same. 
  3. Will more detailed AI ground units (for air battles) be created/added? Currently, they do not have a proper damage model, have very low-quality textures, and when destroyed, all look the same (like an M4 Sherman or Sd.Kfz. 251)
  4. Will the 1st-person gunner view (for aircraft) be reworked a little? Right now, while convenient, it looks a bit funky, as the gunner visually is not there, and the camera is inside the glass (etc.)
  5. Will animations for crew changing positions and weapon reloading be added?

Customization

1. Can we be able to customize non-decal and non-decorator items? For example, road wheels (for tanks with that option historically), Zimmerit coating, etc.
  2. Can we get buttons in the customization menu such as "Apply to All Camouflages", and "Clear All"? (Camouflage presets added)
  3. Can we chose which pieces of add-on armor we equip for tanks? For example, I want the track armor on the IS-2 1944, but not the mesh around the turret.
  4. Can you make historical "presets" for tanks, giving them a historical setup of historical national markings? (different presets could exist depending on the time in the war)
  5. Will more tanks receive the "fixed decals"? There are many tanks that need this feature (or make it 2 separate camouflages, like on the Ersatz M10)
  6. Can the quality of the Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. E's camo be fixed? It seems to be completely covered with dirt and rust, and even at maximum camouflage Condition, it still is hard to place decals and make them look nice.
  7. Can there be a function to make decals more opaque or less opaque?
  8. Can the placement of 3D decorations be reworked a bit? On some vehicles, it is impossible to camouflage due to the restrictions of where bushes can be placed.
  9. Will we see the American "Low-visibility" star decal?
  10. Will we see an pre-war/early-war German cross decal?
  11. Can the restrictions for what decals we can put on certain vehicles be more specific for each vehicle? For example, British tanks (as a whole) cannot use the "Circled Star" decal, even though historically, they did (1944-45)
  12. Will there be more camouflages approved for content partnership? There are only 1 or 2 camouflages that fall under that category (for I-153 and F6F-5 I think), and there are plenty out there on WT Live that could be used. Introduction of Marketplace fixes
  13. Will lower-tier German tanks be given more camouflage options?
  14. Will some aircraft which lack additional camouflages be given more? Planes like the P-40E have more than enough, while some of the LaGG-3s only have the default camouflage. At least 1 alternate (historical) and 1 winter camouflage (if it makes sense) would be nice to have for most aircraft.
  15. It can be seen a few times in this video that during WWII, there is a Chi-Ha with all-white winter camouflage, opposed to the modern camouflage pasted onto lower tiered tanks. Can this be added into the game? (I know only one source is not the best to generalize everything). Added in 1.85 (?)
  16. Will we get more decals for tank gun barrels? For example, (more varied) kill-count stripes, fake barrel ends for the 17-pounder, etc.
  17. Will the 3D decorations have a slight effect on armor values?

Other

1. The Panther A's (and Panther G's) turret traverse speed varied depending on the engine revolution speed. Can this be modeled in-game, at least for RB and SB? (and on any other tanks with similar setups)
  2. Can there be an overhaul of names of vehicles? Currently, InFerNos1's custom localization is more accurate than what is currently in the game. 
  3. Will more mudguards (etc.) be modeled in as armor? For example, the Sherman Mk. II has it modeled as armor, but is the only Sherman (with mudguards) that has it modeled as armor.  While not on all vehicles, more have received mudguards modeled as armor
  4. Will the BR range be expanded more? I find it unreasonable that the M36, Tiger H, Tiger E, Panther D, T-34-85, and IS-2 are all at the same battle rating (RB), for example. Recent BR Changes expanded to 10.0
  5. Is it possible to make installing Custom Hangars, Sound Mods, and Custom Localizations easier, without editing the config.blk file as much or at all? I enjoy using all of these, but the amount of "extra" stuff necessary feels overbearing, as it isn't as simple as Sights, Missions, and Skins, where all you do is drop it into a certain folder and you're on your way.
  6. Will there be an easier way to create User Sights?
  7. When exiting a User Mission, it takes you to the selection screen for Single Missions. Can it instead send you to the User Mission selection screen? Fixed
  8. Will new map arrangements/game types be coming soon? The old "Conquest", "Battle", and "Domination" (And "Break" and "Skirmish") are getting old, and "Assault" isn't much better or very popular.
  9. When bringing back vehicles from past events for the Summer/Winter Chronicles events, can the bonus vehicles require *more* completed tasks than the second-tier vehicle? It is somewhat unfair that players who ground it out initially can see people have an easier time to obtain the same thing. Winter 2017-18 solved this
  10. Will old decals and decorators from those events also come back? Summer 2018
  11. Will it be possible to be able to purchase a talisman for vehicles in the Warbond shop? The player should be able to choose the vehicle they want it to be on.
  12. Why are some identical vehicles in different tech trees (i.e. F6F-5, M42, etc.) also in different tiers? It can make research by tiers more efficient or less efficient, depending on which side you are looking at. I understand if the vehicle rank requirement is part of it, but in other situations, it is not.
  13. Will the La-5FN be able to unlock the B-20 cannons? Historically, extremely late production La-5FNs were equipped with 2 B-20s instead of the heavier ShVAKs.
  14. Will there be an option to enable/disable add-on armor from the spawn screen, in the same way as camouflages and ammunition?
  15. Can the dead hulls of tanks and planes (controlled by players) be left on the battlefield?
  16. Will we get a Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. E mit Vor Panzer? Many Panzer IV Es had the extra armor fitted around the turret in addition to the extra hull armor.
  17. Will the positions of camera views be reworked? Currently, in some cockpits, the view is matched to the gun sight, not where the pilot would sit. On some tanks, the "zoomed in" view (or default view in Simulator) does not stay directly over the cupola, especially if the turret turns.
  18. Will we see more premium tanks/planes based on historical pilots/units, or was it just limited to the 70th Anniversary of the Second World War?
Edited by HugoTroop
added another question
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Got a few questions all about the British (not that i'm bias towards them of course ;))

Are you planning to add any top tier vehicles like the scorpion for the British to help balance their chieftain. The mk10 is great, but slow and with sub par hull armour, which means it's a rear line tank. If something like the Scorpion was added, It'd add that speed Britain needs to help in the front line, whilst the chieftains hold the rear and support. I was thinking the regular version with HESH could be either premium or regular rank 5, then the up-gunned Scorpion 90 could be the top tier version.

Are there any plans to add regenerative steering? This will effect all the nations, but I think especially Britain who currently have a lot of very sluggish tanks.

Thanks for your time.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Any chance we'll see a British Light Vehicle/Scouting line for GF any time soon? might not have many light tanks, but we have plenty of armoured cars to use for one, honestly for anyone that plays British vehicles exclusively are currently missing out on the recently introduced scouting feature.

medal medal medal medal

Hi there,

I was wondering how progress is with the Japanese tank tree, modifications, tanks and ammo types.

1st. Some modifications like the plontoons for the Ka-Mi are missing so you can't make it float while it was meant to be, will we ever see expansion on amphibious Japanese vehicles?

2nd. The Japanese army + navy have developed some more intresting vehicles we don't have in game yet (ex. To-Ku, Ho-Ru, Ka-Chi, O-I, Ho-Ni II) Any Plans?

3rd. The Japanese developed serval types of shells and we see just some of them. And shells we do have aren't for all tanks. The 47mm (situated on the Ka-Mi, Chi-Ha Kai, Chi-He) all have just 1 shell, the Type 98 APHE, while the Ka-Mi has an extra shell, the Type 1. 

Other example is the Type 5 75mm Na-To gets a extra APCR while the other tanks (Chi-Nu II, Chi-To's, Chi-Ri) get an extra APHE. Any plans on more shells + Adding them to the other tanks?

Google Translate:

Всем привет,

Мне было интересно, как развивается японское танковое дерево, модификации, танки и боеприпасы.

Первый. Некоторые модификации, такие как plonoons для Ka-Mi, отсутствуют, поэтому вы не можете заставить его плавать, пока это должно было быть, будем ли мы когда-либо видеть расширение на амфибийных японских транспортных средствах?

Второй. Японская армия + флот разработала еще несколько интересных машин, которые у нас еще нет в игре (например, To-Ku, Ho-Ru, Ka-Chi, O-I, Ho-Ni II). Какие-нибудь планы?

Третий. Японцы разработали сервальные типы снарядов, и мы видим только некоторые из них. И снаряды у нас есть не для всех танков. У 47-миллиметровых (расположенных на Ка-Ми, Чи-Ха-Кай, Чи-Хе) всего 1 раковина, тип 98 APHE, а у Ка-Ми есть дополнительная оболочка типа 1. Другой пример: 75-метровый Na-To типа 5 получает дополнительный APCR, в то время как другие танки (Chi-Nu II, Chi-To's, Chi-Ri) получают дополнительную APHE. Любые планы на большее количество снарядов + Добавление их в другие танки?

Edited by ShimakazeChan
Spacing
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Do you have any plans on releasing new Release Trees for the different nations of War Thunder? The newest ones we have are from 2014, and were removed from the official website due to them being outdated, and the game leaving Open Beta.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well, I've been playing this game for years and I had to make this proposal or an idea
because I see people complaining about seeing the same maps since the update came out and there are millions of maps even if they are the same places that are old and have never been able to see them
the idea is to put a voting system for maps that does not last as long as the election max 30s min 5s
may be 2 or 3 elections but the game automatically chooses the maps that will come out to choose
I love it when you enter the battle (server, lobby) while they show you the map that you will play but I want you to see the option of choice and then the map
what will you play
I do not know if this idea will be good for you and create a chat to see if people would like it and most like it
I am looking forward to your response  

thank you very much

Auscam (Posted )

Perhaps you'd like to visit the following area;
https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/572-moderated-suggestions/
medal medal medal medal

Is Japanese MLRS planning?
E.G. IJA 15cm MLRS on TOYOTA KC truck, or JGSDF Type 75 130mm MLRS

Are there any plans to revise many characteristics of the PzVIII Maus in game? Currently it has wrong penetration for APCBC rounds, as of now its calculated using the medium powder charge for HE, it has very low zoom(x1.1), absence of the historical rangefinder, wrong type of steel in the turret front(should be Wotan Hart or RHA)  and some engine power settings are wrong. 

Also are there any plans to add more German late war tank designs? Namely the E-series.

medal medal medal

For the French tanks, shall see we the future vehicles, numerous in the French army as, (the ERC 90 SAGAIE, AMX 10 (RCR)(SEPAR), VAB Mephisto) ?

eurosatory 2014 477.JPG

image.jpg

LdyCigL.jpg

main-qimg-c7a0f86eb9b9066f647110e648cb01d0.png

medal medal medal medal medal medal

With the recent discussion of APDS slope modifiers, is there a chance other ammo types can be reviewed as well? Specifically, I’m interested in US APBC getting looked at. US APBC doesn’t really fit standard AP or Soviet APBC slope modifiers. A unique set of slope modifiers would be needed. This would also help Japan and France, as they do use certain US APBC rounds. 

Gaijin do you plan to lower the overall silver lion costs of every vehicle in war thunder cause there are many tanks with very high repair cost that make the vehicle not enjoyable to play when every time you get destroyed early game or when you have a good game but your team looses and you get destroyed you don't get any profit for most of the games.This stands for the most part for all high tier tanks.

There should be also a common difference between repair costs of different tank classes in a sense that light tanks are cheaper to run than tank destroyers ,tank destroyers cheaper than medium tanks and so on and on.I noticed that you have that same idea for some tanks but for the most part there are incidents like:T-62's(medium tank br 8.0) repair cost is around 3000 sl stock ,but obj. 906's (light tank br 7.0) is around 7000 sl stock.

Also you should put the obj. 906 at a br 7.7 or 7.3 atleast. Its OP.

Bonjour,

Pourquoi le Raketenjagdpanzer et ITM n'on pas la modifications de l'artillerie car ce sont des véhicules légers comme les chars.

Cordialement

English Translation via Google Translate:

Hello,

Why the Raketenjagdpanzer and ITM do not have the modifications of the artillery because they are light vehicles like tanks.

cordially

Edited KotA 10/Mar/2018  0957EST translation for English Forum.

Will physical gun barrels ever make it into Warthunder alongside deeper options of personal/cosmetic customization?  By this I mean will gun barrels ever  be able to interact with the enviornment and other tanks? If not, why so? I don't want collisions to cause serious damage to create an unfair situation but it would (I feel) create a deeper need for strategy in positioning of tanks especially in urban or  heavily forested areas where a building or tree can keep the turret from turning or adjusting as it normall would.

Has physical gun barrels or a second deep wave of cosmetic customization (Gun barrel foilage, sandbags, cement, makeshift cage armor/add-on armor ever be put in hands of the players and  built upon to prevent exploitation?

medal medal medal medal