N0xiety

Petition to remove 12km friendly visual range limit

808 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you choose?

• Bring back the old visual range
    • Keep the new 12km visual limit

Now for the last 2 days i have tried to play with the new 12km friendly visual range but honestly, it is just not working. I can't even see people on the map to get atleast an idea of where they are... If the friendlies in your team aren't cooperative or doesn't know english you are just stuck while they are getting killed who knows where. Honestly i am sick of seeing ''что?'' when i try to cooperate with people. How are they expecting a system that depends on player cooperation to actually work in an international game that have multilanguage barrier? More than %80 of the people in a match doesn't even know english for starters. So i am starting a petition to remove the new 12km friendly visual range limit system and bring back the old system when we could see every friendly anytime, anywhere.

EDIT: Ok people we need more replies and votes so that we can get the attention of gaijin developers. Lets make them hear our voice.

Edited by N0xiety
  • Upvote 60

I hate it, it feels lonely and cold not knowing where my team-mates are and i don't see any point in it regardless of how said nations tactics very (high alt, low alt, turn-fighter, pure BnZ etc)

its crap imo, and especially annoying in jet Matches on Norway as i spawn in 1 minute late due to older computer, in this situation i spawn in without being able to see ANY of my team-mates most of the time, and on most teams people will not respond or tell you were the action is going down.

Really and truly i think it was a mistake and should be reversed as soon as possible, it makes RB feel rather boring, lonely and uncoordinated.

I tend to find the coordinates when people call out kinda messed up, or maybe it's just me.

No its not just you, i've had errors with the coordinates too and that really is a pain when one is flying blind, on Norway, in a jet match or similar

The bug that shows (shot down) aircraft as embedded into the ground and active targets also really doesn't help Edited by Ottobon
  • Upvote 27
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

In a perfect world where everyone in-game spoke the same language I could be very supportive of this change.  Problem is that it just makes coordination even more difficult now, especially when everyone splits up to search for a hiding player or something.  At least in the old system players who spoke different languages could at least use the friendly tags to coordinate without saying a word...

EDIT:  Just noticed a small grammatical error.  Also to the new-ish people posting (judging from the post counts) don't forget to spread the word in-game as much as possible!

Edited by TEMPEST_
  • Upvote 31

In a perfect world where everyone in-game spoke the same language I could be very supportive of this change.  Problem is that it just makes coordination even more difficult now, especially when everyone splits up to search for hiding player or something.  At least in the old system players who spoke different languages could at least use the friendly tags to coordinate without saying a word...

Even if it was in a perfect world, it is just tedious to ask people where they are repeteadly and look at the map every 10 second to keep up with the changes in their location and try to coordinate.(Especially in tier 5 jet matches where everything changes so quickly) It is even important to know their altitude and the situation they are facing for example to react whatever they are facing as fast as we can. Who can even report their altitude, location and the situation thats been going on while dogfighting an enemy? Atleast we were able to see the movements they do before and kind of get an idea how to approach the situation, now i find myself forced to climb while going at the designated location. Maybe he is ground level fighting for his life but nope i can't help him as fast as i can because i don't know whats going on...

Edited by N0xiety
  • Upvote 2

This change brings situation awareness to a very low level. IRL the pilots reported via radio to convey altitude, approx number of enemies. The radar control (at least available to UK, US Germany rather early in the war tracked altitude and approx. heading. Ground controllers then made a composite "picture" of this to direct the fighting forces.

As others have said - in the game we have participants from many countries and many of us are not able/willing to use voicecomm. So we need the markers to convey this information in order to be able to play tactically correct.

I dont think the entire spotting functionality is optimal though. The distance information is a bit too detailed, and I'm not convinced the visibility inside and through clouds shouldn't be as good as it is.
Rolling back the 12km limitation is definitely a step in the right direction though.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Someone should sit down with Gaijin and finally explain them what "meta" means and why it shouldnt be torpedoed by them like this so often, with so little effort.

Also would be nice if Gaijin took the hint from testing those features like this one. I mean sometimes the feature test in question sends you fairly strong signals of ridiculousness, often telling you that what you do is rather stupid thing to do in the first place, despite the feature working flawlessly! 

Just imagine how must the testing looked like....

Dev1: "Da, i cant see a good damn thing Tovarish lead developer, not a damn thing, must be a success"

Dev2: "Me neither, the map feels empty, definitely feels like success"

Dev3: "Da, emptier maps=more atmosphere=better game, i think its success"

Tovarish lead developer: "Da splendid success, lets implement it to the game"

I tend to find the coordinates when people call out kinda messed up, or maybe it's just me.

No its not only you, the coords are often messed up sending you to entirely different square. Yesterday over Hokkaido dude was fighting 2 P-51s over the secondary British airfield and the coords kept sending us over the fleet on the other side of the island.

At the end F-bombs had to fly in the chat in order to get the correct bearings...

Gaijin 2015

Edited by Silentbob515
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

This wouldn't be a problem if coordinate sharing was working. They need to fix that too.

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal

I guess it's a try to make people stay together more closely and not wander off into random directions. Too bad that I couldn't try it out yet.The

The bugged coordinates when calling out on radio are really annoying though, and that problem isn't new.

medal

The removal of shared vision past 12km was acceptable but why did they make friendlies vanish past 12km?

It's hardly possible to engage in smaller groups, everyone has to stay together to keep coordination. The game then turns into a big furball, the moment you get separated from the team noone knows what your condition is and help won't come as they can't track you.

Truly an unnecessary and detrimental change.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

Maybe it would be better if when you call out your grid coordinates by doing the quick response saying cover me it would be a bit more bearable. But when the grid coordinates your pilot calls out are completely incorrect, there is a horrible problem. But what do we know... we are the ones playing the game. They don't like to accept that they have royally screwed up. Just like the Quantitative Matchmaking Restrictions never working after weeks of it being released. They will refuse to change it just like they did when they screwed everything up with QMR. They will claim the game isn't broken all the way until they lose 40% or more of the player base because their bad decisions that they keep putting in and refusing to fix because it is apparently "working as intended" and apparently "if the game were completely broken people wouldn't be playing it". But it is indeed becoming more and more "broken". The only reason people don't stop playing is because there is no game like it that can compete, but once a game that has some sensible developers comes along, we will see the player base die down a significant amount if the competition tries to actually make a good game to compete. 

Edited by Eliminatrix
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

True. The absolute pain. I already hated it when shared vision was removed. Before that the game made sense, somehow. I.e. it was more fun. It's about fun you know, what keeps people coming back to it. They seem to go in a weird direction with their game, RB is like arcade with blindfolds when i look at those annoying mini maps like mozdok....

medal medal medal medal

It's not only the coordinates that that are lacking. In the old system I always knew the altitude of my team - making it far easier to decide if I should assist or not. Having a team mate that was doing lots of manouvering was also a good indication that he was engaged in battle even if he /she didn't radio for help and I could not see the enemy.
medal medal medal

I agree, the visual limitations from the plane and on the minimap for friendlies is just too much. Since even on the EU server (where i play) Russians are the dominant group playing the game (who basically lack any language skills on average), you can't effectively communicate with just ingame radio messages. And to butter the cracker even further, i've been permanently chatbanned for a year now..  :facepalm:

Sure gives Air RB matches some challenge  :lol:

• Upvote 1
medal medal

This is really stupid.

If my teammate needs help, I just can't locate him if he is more than 12 km's away...

How I suppose to help him if I don't know at what point of the map is he?

This is so ridiculous...

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

They need to do something!!!

They schould roll this back or keep this but fix coordinates when your teammates ask for cover or reporting enemies.

Even clicking on map does not work as it schould, sometimes I cant see circle and coordinates showing wrong location.

The best thing would be to roll this back for now :salute:

medal medal

You know i just finished being in a room with some "herbs" (they were no longer in the room when i finished) and had a match over Norway.

I was just playing, flying, minding my own business and generally enjoying being so high...with my plane of course, when suddenly:

Attention to the grid something something

And i was like "sure my sweet sweet man, uncle Bobby wont let you down ", at which he said:

Attention to the grid something something 

So i looked at the coordinates and kinda thought to myself "thats rather odd place to be" and indeed it was, according to the grid he was fighting something halfway to Iceland. But i went there anyway...

And so i'm sitting here, periodically fascinated by my left hand and its existence and asking myself, who else could implement 12km limit on seeing your team mates without fixing the coordinates sharing/reporting first?

Could it really be that they are that unique? 

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal

I agree, the visual limitations from the plane and on the minimap for friendlies is just too much. Since even on the EU server (where i play) Russians are the dominant group playing the game (who basically lack any language skills on average), you can't effectively communicate with just ingame radio messages. And to butter the cracker even further, i've been permanently chatbanned for a year now.

Welcome to the club my friend! We are an elite group!

I've gotten to "good" at communicating with the standard commands alone, sometimes I wish I could get a "chat ban" from my girlfriend and be reduced to those same standard commands. 

Seriously though, the 12k limit is completely dumb... and it boggles the mind how they could have decided to implement it. 

medal

Ok people i just talked to a mod. Seems we need atleast 1000 votes and over 200 replies for this thread to get pinned and that means we can get the attention of gaijin developers. Lets make them hear our voice we need more votes and replies.

Edited by N0xiety
  • Upvote 4