KonigsT

T10M - Questions, Information, Gameplay

15 hours ago, Fighter117 said:

Because it's more complex than only a caliber.

The D-25T anti-tank gun couldn't load modern HEAT-FS. It wasn't designed to do it and it's tube is rifled (loss of efficiency of HEAT shells).

The only difference between the gun the IS-4M carries and the gun the T-10M carries is barrel length, nothing else. HEATFS didn't require smooth bores to fire and could be designed for rifled barrels.

Also, do realize that wikipedia articles are written 99% of the time by amateurs, don't trust it beyond getting a general impression.

Edited by inset_judgement
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

16 hours ago, inset_judgement said:

The only difference between the gun the IS-4M carries and the gun the T-10M carries is barrel length, nothing else. HEATFS didn't require smooth bores to fire and could be designed for rifled barrels.

Also, do realize that wikipedia articles are written 99% of the time by amateurs, don't trust it beyond getting a general impression.

A turning HEAT is less efficient than a HEAT fired from a smoothbore tube. It could have been fired from a rifled gun but it would surely be less efficient.

Yes I use Wikipedia as a "last chance source" when I don't know or find any other source concerning that I search. Also, it's good to recap all tank varriants.

medal medal medal medal

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 7:50 PM, xenon90 said:

this tank is a piece of ****

so that's why 269 pen from the Maus' 128 bounces off the rear with minimal angling, barely has anywhere to pen the sides or front given a little bit of range, and gets such a slower reload for 6 extra mm of gun bore; whereas the T10 can pen the Maus' turret front with ease even when its angles, doesn't even have to aim when side on with something, has a better turret traverse than most anything else, can lay or raise the gun faster than even some AA, and can ignite the Maus' fuel tanks with HEATFS...sure its a piece of ****

• Upvote 1
medal

10 hours ago, ShermanPanzer2 said:

so that's why 269 pen from the Maus' 128 bounces off the rear with minimal angling, barely has anywhere to pen the sides or front given a little bit of range, and gets such a slower reload for 6 extra mm of gun bore; whereas the T10 can pen the Maus' turret front with ease even when its angles, doesn't even have to aim when side on with something, has a better turret traverse than most anything else, can lay or raise the gun faster than even some AA, and can ignite the Maus' fuel tanks with HEATFS...sure its a piece of ****

Maus can OHK a T-10M, T10M is unlikely to ever OHK a Maus or even two hit kill, difference. Maus is the usual German design of huge and hard to kill because of shell fragmentation being badly modeled, big empty spaces =/= armor gaijin...

Soon as they properly implement fragmentation crap like the Dicker Max, Nashorn, Maus and Jagdtiger will be history.

medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, Fighter117 said:

A turning HEAT is less efficient than a HEAT fired from a smoothbore tube. It could have been fired from a rifled gun but it would surely be less efficient.

Yes I use Wikipedia as a "last chance source" when I don't know or find any other source concerning that I search. Also, it's good to recap all tank varriants.

What does "efficient" even mean? Smooth bore allows for wider heat-fs diameter yes, but so what? That's not the same as saying its impossible

medal medal medal medal

A turning HEAT shell will pierce less than a "static" HEAT shell.

Not only for wider warheads. By opening a tank book, you'll see that a HEAT fired with a rifled gun (so turning) pierces less than a HEAT fired from a smoothbore gun. ;)

medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Fighter117 said:

A turning HEAT shell will pierce less than a "static" HEAT shell.

Not only for wider warheads. By opening a tank book, you'll see that a HEAT fired with a rifled gun (so turning) pierces less than a HEAT fired from a smoothbore gun. ;)

HEATFS don't spin, that's what the FS part is for "fin stabilized". The lower penetration is because they were early generation HEAT.

You're the one citing wiki by the way, so it's rather ironic for you to tell others to open a book.

medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, inset_judgement said:

HEATFS don't spin, that's what the FS part is for "fin stabilized". The lower penetration is because they were early generation HEAT.

You're the one citing wiki by the way, so it's rather ironic for you to tell others to open a book.

I know what the FS means. If you fire any HEAT (FS or not) making it rotating, it'll be less efficient.

The smoothbore tube is now used because we use stabilized shells.

Then i already said that I quoted Wiki only for tank variants or when I didn't know any other source.

Edited by Fighter117
medal medal medal medal

On 8/1/2016 at 7:06 AM, Fighter117 said:

I know what the FS means. If you fire any HEAT (FS or not) making it rotating, it'll be less efficient.

The smoothbore tube is now used because we use stabilized shells.

Then i already said that I quoted Wiki only for tank variants or when I didn't know any other source.

I am not 100% certain but I am pretty sure HEATFS does not spin.

medal medal medal medal

It depends if the gun is rifled or not...
I don't know if T-54 HEAT-FS spin too even with a rifled gun. Maybe the shell isn't rifled and can stay static ?

medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Fighter117 said:

It depends if the gun is rifled or not...
I don't know if T-54 HEAT-FS spin too even with a rifled gun. Maybe the shell isn't rifled and can stay static ?

If Choogle would like to chime in that would be nice but I am relatively certain that HEATFS does not spin from rifled barrels either, they avoid contact with the rifling by reducing the diameter.

medal medal medal medal

god damn this tank still sucks

started playing after a few month break, sb battle, 1st shot into leo1 ufp...you guessed it - ricochet

sakjdaskdaskdsakdsadadjsfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff 33% win rate

Edited by xenon90
medal medal

On 8/3/2016 at 2:57 PM, Choogleblitz said:

They both spin. 

Aren't we talking about orders of magnitude here? A shell that interacts with the rifling should spin 10+ times faster than HEATFS. The fins  appear to not have any curl , so spinning should create drag and thus be hindered. 

medal medal medal medal

On 8/5/2016 at 4:13 PM, inset_judgement said:

Aren't we talking about orders of magnitude here? A shell that interacts with the rifling should spin 10+ times faster than HEATFS. The fins  appear to have any curl , so spinning should create drag and thus be hindered. 

FS-HEAT fired from a rifled barrel will have bands to slow the rate of spin as well as fins designed to slow the rate of spin to the point of stability, but retain efficient spin rate. However, the higher the velocity of the round, the more spin required to stabilize it.

Edited by Choogleblitz
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 8/5/2016 at 4:38 PM, Choogleblitz said:

FS-HEAT fired from a barrel will have bands to slow the rate of spin as well as fins designed to slow the rate of spin. However, the higher the velocity of the round, the more spin required to stabilize it.

Ok back to smoothbores. I am assuming that since the fins do not appear to impart spin on the projectile that the spin is simply due to imperfection in the shell design that does not allow it to have perfect symmetry?

medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, inset_judgement said:

Ok back to smoothbores. I am assuming that since the fins do not appear to impart spin on the projectile that the spin is simply due to imperfection in the shell design that does not allow it to have perfect symmetry?

I just noticed how ***** up my comment was. I fixed it. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is my go-to tank for Ab, and I swear it plays like a medium tank more than a heavy.

I've played it tons of times and I have to say it's pretty good. But the ammo placement is horrible. So one shot with HEAT-FS means you go Kaboom.

The T-10M ingame maximum speed is 50 km/h. I have read, that IRL it just had a maximum speed of 42 km/h. It should be changed to the correct value.

Edited by Renamed43218
medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, Renamed43218 said:

The T-10M ingame maximum speed is 50 km/h. I have read, that IRL it just had a maximum speed of 42 km/h. It should be changed to the correct value.

From "Отечественные бронированные машины 1945-1965, volume 3" by I.V. Pavlov. 

Screenshot 2016-10-18 at 8.12.42 AM.png

Besides, the T-10M is one of the more balanced tanks us Russians have at 8.0. I haven't seen anyone complain about it in the last year, and if it gets nerfed, there will be more people who stop using that and start using the IT-1 and ZSU-57-2 instead. I don't think anyone wants that. 

Edited by KIimVoroshilov
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

6 hours ago, KIimVoroshilov said:

From "Отечественные бронированные машины 1945-1965, volume 3" by I.V. Pavlov. 

Screenshot 2016-10-18 at 8.12.42 AM.png

Besides, the T-10M is one of the more balanced tanks us Russians have at 8.0. I haven't seen anyone complain about it in the last year, and if it gets nerfed, there will be more people who stop using that and start using the IT-1 and ZSU-57-2 instead. I don't think anyone wants that. 

Seems that the sources are differing. Wikipedia quotes some sources that seem to be legit too. Gaijin should do some further research which sources are more reliable. I wouldnt mind if there where some more IT-1 and ZSU-57-2. IT-1 needs launcher depression fix though.

medal medal medal medal

53 minutes ago, Renamed43218 said:

Seems that the sources are differing. Wikipedia quotes some sources that seem to be legit too. Gaijin should do some further research which sources are more reliable. I wouldnt mind if there where some more IT-1 and ZSU-57-2. IT-1 needs launcher depression fix though.

I think we've already talked about IT-1 depression.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 10/18/2016 at 5:59 AM, Renamed43218 said:

i have also read that it had a much faster ROF than it has ingame and it also had some ATGM installed on it

medal medal medal medal