Battle Rating & Economy Changes, September 2015

Thulle_

What is the point of this thread? You have already got tons of feedback about the new MM and BRs. You've already seen virtually the entire community telling you how bad this is. You already know what the players think. You already know nobody wants this, you already know this is the exact opposite of what everybody wanted. 

But you don't care. You don't give the remotest crap, you never do. So why bother leaving this thread open for discussion? Just keep breaking the game without caring in the slightest about what the players say or want. It's what you do.

I just don't understand why you're doing this. You are actively and intentionally making your game worse. I just don't get it.

• Upvote 46
medal medal

My guess is that this is pointless.  It doesn't make any difference how many OP vehicles or planes there are. It only takes one to kill you.

Please reduce the BR gap from 1.3 to 0.7  and stop saying it is 1.0 when for aircraft averaging down gives a 1.3 spread.

• Upvote 22
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The British Avenger Mk1 is the exact same plane as the US TBF no ?  shouldn't those 2 get the same BR's too ? 

PS : tried to get my A20G and F4F module back, played one match nothing beside the RP made with it :

517173aces2015092316462141cr.png

I had them fully unlocked and received only a small percentage of the RP lost ...  The F4F is now researched with the RP earned during the match, the A20G still miss more than 500 RP ....

Wondering how many thousand of RP's i lost in this update as the list of what was removed includes only a very few planes armament in the log:

864207aces2015092316441854cr.png

Gaijin it's not fun at all to loose all the things you worked hard to unlock and already had, i don't care to pay them twice with SL having more than 37M of those but RP lost is another story ....

Edited by Kanay
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal

Developers only need to do a few things in order to grasp whether or not the changes applied are good for the playerbase.

A.  Look into the locked topic in General Discussion in regards to the changes.

B.  Read a post I made over a month ago about not listening to playerbase and veteran players leaving.

C.  Go into the game and type '/join general_en'

R.I.P. it was fun while it lasted.

• Upvote 3
medal medal

300% sl booster, 2 kills in r2y2, sl not enough to repair r2y2
:C

Does the Battle Rating/Repair Costs-balancing guy actually play the game with all planes or does he watch stat counters? Just because an aircraft's k/d ratio may be high-ish doesn't mean it's a good plane. He 162 and Ho229 which have the same BR are a good comparison as the Ho229 excels in everything, including energy retention, except for sustained straight-line speed which aren't really useful in SB much (He 162 had a decrease in SB for a few weeks but was pushed back up). It just so happens that many players like the Ho229 and don't use it properly and just end up dying.
But for an aircraft like the Me 262 C-2b... I can't imagine how is that even "equivalent" to the Mig-15 at all.

Really the only good thing I will get out of this is faster games for the high-end BR spectrum aircraft.
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal

This doesn't seem like balance. 
F-86A-5, F2H-2, Meteor F Mk.4 G.41F, Sea Meteor, Meteor F Mk.III, two Canberras and a Spitfire Mk.XVI (how did a spit got there? he wasn't in a squad, i'm pretty sure) versus 3x MiG-15bis, 2x Me 163, 2x Me 262 A-1a, and one Me 262 C-2b. Doesn't seem balanced to me.
[spoiler] 2015-09-23_00006+wo+names.jpg[/spoiler]

• Upvote 2

P80/F80 are considered inferior to Meteor F3 and Vampire.
F2H is considered equal to F3, and inferior to Vampire.

F4 Meteors are now about 40k to repair, and F8 is about 35k.
Meteor F3 can and will now very often fight Sabers and MiG15's, but if it wont get uptiered, it will fight shitton of banshees. Very cute view on balance.

T5 RB is now dead. Good job gaijin.

1 - Ignore feedback
2 - break the game even more to get less queue time,
3 - people leave because game is broken so queue time increases again.
4 - REPEAT.

If you want players to leave, its easier to just say it.

• Upvote 32
medal medal medal medal medal

300% sl booster, 2 kills in r2y2, sl not enough to repair r2y2
:C

Does the Battle Rating/Repair Costs-balancing guy actually play the game with all planes or does he watch stat counters? Just because an aircraft's k/d ratio may be high-ish doesn't mean it's a good plane. He 162 and Ho229 which have the same BR are a good comparison as the Ho229 excels in everything, including energy retention, except for sustained straight-line speed which aren't really useful in SB much (He 162 had a decrease in SB for a few weeks but was pushed back up). It just so happens that many players like the Ho229 and don't use it properly and just end up dying.
But for an aircraft like the Me 262 C-2b... I can't imagine how is that even "equivalent" to the Mig-15 at all.

Really the only good thing I will get out of this is faster games for the high-end BR spectrum aircraft.

Boosters above 100% aren't working for 5 days already  ;)s

medal medal medal

My guess is that this is pointless.  It doesn't make any difference how many OP vehicles or planes there are. It only takes one to kill you.

Please reduce the BR gap from 1.3 to 0.7  and stop saying it is 1.0 when for aircraft averaging down gives a 1.3 spread.

This!

Seriously, even with 4 top tier vehicles on either side they will all just focus on the easier targets (meaning basically every other vehicle in the match) before taking care of each other. I hope i'm wrong though...

R.I.P. Early jets.... BR 6.0 props vs F2H.... Community wants lower BR spread and get BR compresion.... Gj Gaijin, you did well... So bye War Thunder, maybe in the future we meet again... MAYBE.

• Upvote 9
medal

The matchmaker is not working very well, examples of games I've had:

Berlin:

Allies: 5 Low Tier Jets, 5 Props, 2 Bombers

Germans: 11 Jets, 1 Prop

Korea

Allies: 1 F25 Sabre, 11 Low Tier Jets

Russia: 2 Mig 15bis, 9 Low Tier Jets

Iwo Jima

Allies: 1 Top Tier Jet, 2 Low Tier Jets, 3 Jet Bombers,

Japan: 3 Top Tier Jets, 2 Low Tier Jets, 1 Jet Bomber

The Korea match ended with a Meteor Mk.3 by himself trying to fight two players flying the Mig 15bis.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

sabre 20mm goes for the easy kills first. which means it takes down the early meteors, la15 and me262. it can outmaneuver, outspeed and outgun anything. if it can get a quick kill on the mig15bis/meteor shortwings, then it's a clubfest the rest of the match. but the high br on both teams will avoid each other to get the easy kills and then concentrate on each other when there are no more easy kills.

great job on killing your high-tier game.

Quantitative mm sounds good. compressing the br was and is an absolutely terrible idea. and it was pointed out when you made the announcement of the new planned br changes. and yet you still didn't care about the community response. remember that a happy community uses money on the game that pays your salary. remember that!!

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Why do Russian tanks get more shells they didnt have?  Yet Germany dont get shells they had.

• Upvote 22
medal

I lost 2 modules on my J7W1 and I didn't get them back after playing a match...

Should I make a bug report out of this?

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Note: Similar Premium and regular vehicles will now share the same BR based on their combined performance statistics.

First, big thumbs up for your decision. This change was really needed. :good:

And then to BR changes in AIR SIM. Not gonna comment anything about your decision about jet brs before we see the quantitive MM in action. But the changes you made with prop planes, what can I say. I disagree your conclusion on most of the planes and find couple of them a hilariously bad. But hey, I can't win everytime. At least I can be happy with premium plane BRs compared to regular ones.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal