Battle Rating & Economy Changes, September 2015

Thulle_

Dear Players!

Here you can find the Battle Rating & Economy changes to be implemented immediately.

Final brackets where Quantitative MM will be applied with the introduction of new BRs:

• Tanks: 6.7 - 7.7  /  7.0-7.7
  • Aircraft: 6.7-7.7  /  7.0-8.0  /  7.3-8.3
  • There is a limit of 4 top vehicles per team, except at BR 7.0-7.7 - here we have a limit in 6 top vehicles per team.

Aircraft & Ground Vehicle Battle Rating changes (you can switch at the bottom):
[spoiler][media]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s46WUU8NKh9yVo4X7fCpb99FyZufBTCbppyELWPalh0/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false[/media][/spoiler]

Note: Similar Premium and regular vehicles will now share the same BR based on their combined performance statistics.

Additional changes:

• Heavy tank IS-2 "Revenge" receives an additional shell type: BR-471D
  • Heavy tank IS-2 mod. 1944 receives an additional shell type: BR-471D
  • SPG Su-122P receives an additional shell type: BR-471D

Aircraft & Ground Vehicle Economy changes (you can switch at the bottom):
[spoiler][media]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S6VoxovdYD4wwyfY6udFukauX4788EnieFvNR15lojE/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false[/media][/spoiler]

Thulle_ (Posted )

If you are missing certain module after the patch which was changed in the sheet, please play 1 battle to get it back.
  • Upvote 8

AYY LMAO

1949 br-471d for the IS-2 mod. 1944.

Which never ever had this shell...

Why not just add the 1956 IS-2M?

Senio (Posted )

Because the M variants of these vehicles were just same versions adapted to peace-time conditions. Ammo was the ony real difference
  • Upvote 120
medal medal medal

Yayyy extra shells!

Only if germans would get shells which they actually had, would be great

edit: some kind of reload ninja nerf for m60 ??

Edited by p0nyrider
  • Upvote 109
medal medal medal medal medal

Both F9F variants at 8.0 with Mig15 and bis at 7.7 and 8.0?

Alrighty then.

Why exactly are the BRs being compressed even further? Jet sim BRs were already kind of a joke with how aircraft with massive performance differences were already facing each other, but now its even worse?

• Upvote 99
medal medal medal medal medal medal

So instead of listenting to the community by providing a wider BR spread you compress it more and make everything more unrealistic and provocative by giving a tank from 1944 ammunition from 1949 (I presume to compete with your glorious new MM which makes it possible to face former 8.0 tanks).

My reaction to this:

stop playing 6.7 tanks and (so far I will play them again) I will immediatly leave the match when my Tiger 2 sees an m103 or is-3/4/t10-m.

• Upvote 130
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Guys, could you please group the planes according to nation or at least sort them by first character, it's really chaos the way it is now.

• Upvote 32
medal medal medal

Why exactly are the BRs being compressed even further? Jet sim BRs were already kind of a joke with how aircraft with massive performance differences were already facing each other, but now its even worse?

The situation will not be worse as Quantitative matchmaking will be applied. There will be only percentage of high-performance planes in a battle.

• Upvote 5

It won't get better(MM). But won't those high tier planes like F2. Just club the rest of the players below 8.3 and then move on to the Cl's and Mig's? F2's can easily take apart the entire enemy team.

Edited by KnightBomber
  • Upvote 20
medal medal

when will it be implemented?

They are just now.

• Upvote 1

Note: Premium and regular vehicles will now share the same BR based on their combined performance statistics.

Yeah .... AB : 

Ki-61 US 2.0 

Ki -61 otsu 2.3 

And f4u's  dropping to 2.7 ... insane like many other planes going down ...

Ki-49 going up for nothing and having a poor bomb load compared to many planes having twice or more the bomb load at way lower BR's ... and so many other things wrong but won't continue to type anything as it's just lost time with this company ...

Senio (Posted )

Thanks for poiunting out the Ki-61 issue. will be fixed asap.
  • Upvote 21
medal medal medal medal

Griffon Spitfire XIVe reduced to 5.3...... the XIVc remains at 5.7. Well I guess the one I fly had to remain at higher BR.  :(s

However the Griffon XIV should not have gone down AT ALL. It's amazingly capable at 5.7.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The situation will not be worse as Quantitative matchmaking will be applied. There will be only percentage of high-performance planes in a battle.

Well that won't matter for the player. Say you have a 262c2b or a meteor F4. Why you have to fight F86F2 and Cls and 15bis.... 

Unhistorical ??? Check

Equal performance?? No hell no...never.

Don't tell me that he will have equal temates with the best performance planes. It's not an answer. Get to the point of view from the guy in the 262 or the F.4.

Is it entertaining to play those 2 in this situation ??? No...except if you do that on purpose (squad and stuff). 

Personally i believe that no-one will play certain planes from now on...

Not that it is gamebreaking...But its ugly as hell and some planes won't have a reason of existance...(262C2b Meteor F examples).

• Upvote 22
medal medal medal medal

So, after all, you didn't listen to the community. We have provided multiple reasons why this 'new' MM will not help with compression of BRs and that it will all become even more compressed than it was.

I'll just leave this comment here:

[spoiler]

The whole community basically shouted 'More BRs!', but somehow they heard 'Compress tier V more!'. I understand that they want to pair it up with new MM that will limit vehicles, but I think they didn't think it through very well. In AF every aircraft can theoretically kill any other aircraft. Planes are fragile constructions in comparison to any other war machine type. The main difference between them is performance and that is what should determine BRs - the better the performance, the higher the plane is placed. But considering those 20 years after War, the technology developed so quickly, that collapsing all of it into 1.3 BR spread is nuts. Who cares that there will be only 4 CL-13s in a 7.3 match? They will rule over jets that are at 7.3, because their performance is on a completely different level. And you cannot say 'Your team will also have 4 top tier vehicles, rely on them dealing with the enemy.', because:

1. in a random online game you can NEVER fully depend on a random team and as a developer you should never create a situation where players have to depend on stronger players;
  2. that creates perfect sealclubbing environment for players in top tier machines - I bet most matches would be top players eliminating those in worse machines to gain SL and RP, then brawling it out with other top players. That is BS.

But it is even worse in GF, than in AF. Tank development was more aimed towards survivability. That meant armor, mobility, and bloody deadly ammo and combat capabilities. Why Maus was doomed to fail, even if the project was completed? Because it lacked mobility. And we can see how Maus is doing in tier V matches now.

The thing is that most tanks cannot fight more advanced tanks. Those are not planes, that can be torn apart by 12,7mm rounds. M26 and M46 can do almost nothing to T-54 1947, but it can do quite a lot to them - and their production dates are not that far apart. This is the problem with tanks. Compression at tier V was already being very painful. T-10Ms are fighting M46s, where the latter cannot do much to the first one. Compressing it even more? How is a Tiger II H going to destroy someone in IS-4M? In GF matches, those top tier players would be even more deadly than in AF. Because their armament will allow them to take head on loads of lower tier tanks.

[/spoiler]

• Upvote 82
medal medal medal

Typhoon Mk 1b & Typhoon Mk 1b/L both get BR 4 in RB.

as far as I know the Typhoon Mk 1b/L is a better plane but gets same BR, is this really intentional?

• Upvote 5