• Upvote 14

7-7-ball2.pnginfo2.pngMV: 755 m/s.

30wpgur.jpg

7-7-ball1.pnginfo1.pngMV: 750m/s. Armor penetration 7mm at 150m

2nvs4sx.jpg

7-7-ball.pnginfo.png

zbos0.jpg

• Upvote 7

WOW what a horrible tracer round design! That 12.7mm Tracer has a HUGE tracer tube with will cause a large change in projectile mass as it burns down and cause the round to travel differently from the non tracer rounds in the same belt!

Its 36.35g before it starts burning tracer composition where as the Incendiary is 36.5g consistently as it travels down range. If its in a belt of 1 in 4 or 1 in 7 thats 1 shot tracer on target with up to 6 shots non tracer that will be landing some place else!

The other two rounds have their own tracer units so that Tracer only round needs to be kept for practice and night time shows only.

Edited by Keira_C
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

WOW what a horrible tracer round design! That 12.7mm Tracer has a HUGE tracer tube with will cause a large change in projectile mass as it burns down and cause the round to travel differently from the non tracer rounds in the same belt!

Its 36.35g before it starts burning tracer composition where as the Incendiary is 36.5g consistently as it travels down range. If its in a belt of 1 in 4 or 1 in 7 thats 1 shot tracer on target with up to 6 shots non tracer that will be landing some place else!

The other two rounds have their own tracer units so that Tracer only round needs to be kept for practice and night time shows only.

it's a classic tracer round design, it must just lead the aim, not do damage (for tracing and damage there is the API-T)

• Upvote 7

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Both nation missing the HE round (the most powerful One) that is the only that can do kills. If devs put it in game for both nations (japan used italian made 12.7mm) the planes can be rebalanced and be more effective. No more "hit" and no kill .

1381862827.jpg

From left to right:
Ap,APT,API,HE
  • Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

Both nation missing the HE round (the most powerful One) that is the only that can do kills. If devs put it in game for both nations (japan used italian made 12.7mm) the planes can be rebalanced and be more effective. No more "hit" and no kill .

1381862827.jpg

From left to right:
Ap,APT,API,HE

Somebody please get this in the game. As of now it's very hard to get kills in the Italian planes (I average 3 per battle in AB) so this would make things much, much better!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Load stealth and aim for the wing. IAI/AI/I/IT rounds now work as explosive, and while the filling isn't much, wings are very succeptible to explosives.

medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Both nation missing the HE round (the most powerful One) that is the only that can do kills. If devs put it in game for both nations (japan used italian made 12.7mm) the planes can be rebalanced and be more effective. No more "hit" and no kill .1381862827.jpg
From left to right:
Ap,APT,API,HE

Do you have any idea what the historical air belt was for the Breda SAFAT? The real air belt for the Ho-103 was API-T (Type 1), HEI (Ma-102) fuzed shell then a Ma-103 HEI shell. Would it be comparable to the Ho-103 (Despite Japan in this case using their own, improved explosives)?
Anyways, the APIT is apparently better now, so we just need HE to do proper damage then they will be fine.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Do you have any idea what the historical air belt was for the Breda SAFAT? The real air belt for the Ho-103 was API-T (Type 1), HEI (Ma-102) fuzed shell then a Ma-103 HEI shell. Would it be comparable to the Ho-103 (Despite Japan in this case using their own, improved explosives)?
Anyways, the APIT is apparently better now, so we just need HE to do proper damage then they will be fine.

First, the RA lacked any kind of standatization and pilots could choose their own belt, but on a book on the Re 2001 a pilot describe the belt for the .50cal as "mixed shells of armor piercing, tracer, explosive and incendiary. worth to note is that he calls that belt "very effective" and that the british "envied the HE shell" Edited by vmaxWT
medal medal medal

First, the RA lacked any kind of standatization and pilots could choose their own belt, but on a book on the Re 2001 a pilot describe the belt for the .50cal as "mixed shells of armor piercing, tracer, explosive and incendiary. worth to note is that he calls that belt "very effective" and that the british "evied the HE shell"

"Very effective" isn't in game :(

And do you mean "envied"? 

I would like more usable Breda/Ho-103 50cals, surely they weren't this weak in real life. 

I would like more usable Breda/Ho-103 50cals, surely they weren't this weak in real life.

Yep, i meant envied, damn typos
medal medal medal

they feel a bit ebtter now then they used to be.

still, both the 50, 200 and 202 do better uptiered due to needing to fire quite a burst

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

they feel a bit ebtter now then they used to be.

still, both the 50, 200 and 202 do better uptiered due to needing to fire quite a burst

Yeah its fun trolling LF Spitfires and Mustangs in the G.50 :Ds
If the MGs worked properly, the MC202 would need a BR of 3.0 I think, or 3.3. I wish we could remove the 7.7s from the 202. Edited by blakeob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ingulf666 said:

Are BREDAs performing somehow different after today's update?

I didn't have time to check but some of my friends say so. Buffed.

• Upvote 2
medal