NeoZe

extremly overpowered T-34 tanks

1 hour ago, Alfury said:

Come on this thread is useless. Russain fan boys will always say everything is ok while the others will still prove it's a mess. Another exmple? at 400m I shoot with a 128mm is the side of a IS2. All what he gets is a track shot and he can still run away....I mean A 128MM !!!! Another bug? this one with on a german: a brummbär. I shoot at 1000 m just in his face with a 10.5 mm no penetration... at this distance with that gun and the amo used I should have gone trough about 150mm.

Gaijin should really fix the problems with the T34, the damage model, the english and USA amo, no many things... But fixing bugs will not make money so friends deal with it: NOTHING will be fixed.

They are using all their ressources to catch up the "others"...

Unsourced, vague rants aren't going to make the bugs disappear either.

Have an issue? Channel your excitement into making a (properly assembled) bug report.

• Upvote 2

Why should I spend my time into something that will not change?

Sorry but I have a real job and it takes most of my time. When I'm doing something wrong in my job none says it, I have to find out by myself.

I play for fun not to find the problems you have to solve.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Here's a screenshot proving our point.

shot 2016.08.14 11.38.19.jpg

I don't know how this hasn't been fixed yet, what if we all just play as russians, no Allies or Germans in the entire game. Even for one day. Then we will ruin Russia.

Edited by bumbewildered
medal medal

It is well known and documented that T34 were weak tanks,   even in numbers,  in WW2 one King Tiger destroyed 22 the others fled,

but in warthunder a T34 takes out a king tiger one shot,  

?????????

• Upvote 1
medal

9 hours ago, Conan2000 said:

It is well known and documented that T34 were weak tanks,   even in numbers,  in WW2 one King Tiger destroyed 22 the others fled,

but in warthunder a T34 takes out a king tiger one shot,  

?????????

your post doesn't make sense at all:

1. If you die to a T34 in a KT it's your fault

2. if you actually use proper tactics unlike in Warthunder obviously a KT will destroy large amounts of T34

3. If you don't specify what type of T34 you mean this is useless

4. T34 were not weak tanks, they did what they were designed to do (If it's good enough, it's perfect)

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

>2017

>still complaining about T-34s

get good

If the overmatch mechanic isn't enough for a nerf then I don't know what kind of handholding is needed so your average brainless german players can actually kill a T-34

because aiming center mass or the turret with their 75mm railgun on the PzIV F2 is too hard

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well, I've never found the t-34 to be a particularly hard adversary in 1 on 1 situations. I have played quite a lot on t-34s myself, but I prefer non-soviet tanks, because the Soviets have that famous, weak gun depression, which is a problem in non-urban maps. 

If someone thinks that t-34-85 overpowers the Tiger II in War Thunder, then he should actually try it himself, to see that it is not so easy. 

As for Tiger II destroying many t-34s in real life, and that meaning that the t-34 was a weak tank: A well deployed Tiger II could have wrecked havoc on a group of any type of allied medium tank of WW2. However, many War Thunder maps do not offer good possibilities for the optimal Tiger I/II deployment. The Tiger should be far way from the enemy, so that the Tiger's gun can hurt them but they cannot hurt the Tiger. Preferably, the Tiger would be in a hull down position, with only the turret visible. This is difficult to achieve especially in the urban maps, and in any case these maps benefit agile, well accelerating tanks such as the t-34.

I would also like to point out that many Tiger players in War Thunder are overconfident of their tank and its armour, and take foolish risks. Been there, done that. 

Besides, one shotting Tiger IIs is not a t-34-85 speciality. I've done plenty of that with my Brit Centurion and Caernarvon. Not that difficult to achieve when you hit the ammo rack, and as far as I remember, a full caliber hit to the lower glacis plate can do the trick as well.

One last thing: Being overpowered compared to a vehicles real life equivalent is one thing. Being overpowered for the vehicles br is quite another thing, and this is where gameplay can get unfair and distorted. I think the t-34-85 has a very reasonable br for it's capabilities in War Thunder and that is the most important thing.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 hours ago, cowardice said:

I would also like to point out that many Tiger players in War Thunder are overconfident of their tank and its armour, and take foolish risks. Been there, done that. 

^This. I think that is the real problem.

It is not that hard to engage enemys with the Tiger I/II. But sadly, this does not apply to the majority of my teammates. They seem to forget that even though these tanks were massive and heavily armored, they are not brawlers. It is the worst you can do actually.

T34s aren't the problem. There is no T34-bias. Yeah, sometimes tracks can stop a 12,8cm shell, we've all been there. It is not a german-only issue.

Please play some other nations as well, it might open some eyes.

• Upvote 1

The biggest reason for the T-34s being where they are at today was because of the bounce mechanics implemented which while tanks with flat armor stayed the same, tanks with extreme angles (T-44,T-54, IS-3, IS-4, T-34 series) all received massive buffs. I guess having all explosive fill shot helps as well.

Edited by Blunt_Object
medal medal medal medal

On ‎04‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:58 AM, NeoZe said:
On ‎04‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 0:10 PM, arczer25 said:

T-34-85 was superior to late Pz-4

T-34 where NOT superrior to later Pz-4 versions like H-J, not even the T-34 85!

Book 1:

image.jpg

Book 2:

image.jpg

Book 3:

z10.jpg

Game:

image.jpg

The fact that in this game the T-34 85 is artificially elevated to have the performance and capability to challenge the Tiger I, Panther D, Sherman Jumbo, etc successfully is just ludicrous and has no basis in reality. After all this is just a silly game with subjective adherence to history when it suits the devs and pure fiction when it doesn't.....

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, TT33a said:

The fact that in this game the T-34 85 is artificially elevated to have the performance and capability to challenge the Tiger I, Panther D, Sherman Jumbo, etc successfully is just ludicrous and has no basis in reality. After all this is just a silly game with subjective adherence to history when it suits the devs and pure fiction when it doesn't.....

Thx for that perfect summary!:good:

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

On 11/02/2017 at 6:11 AM, TT33a said:

inb4 someone throw an insult at a part of the playerbase to cover up for how the t34 85 is performing ... Oh wait already did

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I can run up to a T34 from behind. Shoot 4 shots in the back, it just turns around, shoot one shot and I am dead. Sure this might happen, but it happens very very often. Not every time but usually if get three shots at it, I am dead when it fires back first time.

So I have save a lot of replays and it's laughable when you look back. Premium account ? Well not as long as it is not a fair game ! Recently when games start I have also been set back so that my game starts when the first base is captured. That heavily reduces the fairness of the game as well.

• Upvote 1

dont shoot the engine 

shoot the back of the turret 

or wast of shell 

unless he doesn't have fpe

i like the chinu 2 more then t-34 less armor but it can 1 shot a t-34 in the front plate 

medal medal medal

This thread is silly.

One thing - git gut.

While driving T-34-85 once (the D-5T one), I had 9 kills without dying, within a few minutes - Pz.IV's and Wirbelwinds drive straight at me, brainlessly, at close range, all killed. In those 9 kills are also some well placed Panther hits and maybe some sideshot on Tiger.

T-34-85 is not overpowered.

It is the player facing it not doing what he should or plain being bad.

Also, so that you do not say that I do not know how to feels actually facing it, I have more games with the British than with Soviets. As in - incomparably more. And I have no issues facing them - even with solidshot.

All you need is to simply git gut.

On 8. 8. 2016 at 8:56 PM, Alfury said:

Why should I spend my time into something that will not change?

Sorry but I have a real job and it takes most of my time. When I'm doing something wrong in my job none says it, I have to find out by myself.

I play for fun not to find the problems you have to solve.

If you feel there is a problem with the game, you have a basis for it, right?

Or are you just simply making this up?

<<I play for fun not to find the problems you have to solve.>>
Oh, so you have not found a problem, you just do not like the T-34-85? Or how am I supposed to take it?

Seeing these threads is really tiring.

What you are doing right now is a baseless offense.

On 14. 8. 2016 at 5:40 PM, bumbewildered said:

Here's a screenshot proving our point.

shot 2016.08.14 11.38.19.jpg

I don't know how this hasn't been fixed yet, what if we all just play as russians, no Allies or Germans in the entire game. Even for one day. Then we will ruin Russia.

This is not any "proof".

Those tanks are not overpowered. If anything, it is allied teams being stupid. Especially seeing how half the team are British tanks - I never had problems killing soviets (any) with British tanks.

CONCLUSION:

1) T-34-85 is fine. If you think otherwise, prove it.

2) git gut

• Upvote 1
medal medal

When I was newer to WT, I used to rant and rave about how OP the T34-85 was. I pretty much had 'Tiger is invincible' syndrome. 

Once I actually started respecting the T-34's firepower and mobility instead of chalking every death up to 'T-34 Bias' I had absolutely no problem with them, in a tiger or otherwise. 

Coming from the days where bounce mechanics on sloped armour was considerably more shady than it is now, at the old T-34's BR, I think they're definitely better balanced than they were.

Edited by inaccurate
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 8/30/2015 at 10:40 AM, NeoZe said:

T-34 tanks are way to strong.

Let me get you into a little secret....

L2P..

Edited by KillstreakGaming
  • Upvote 2

I never had any problem with T-34s.Short gun Pz 4s? Load HEAT and aim to the weakspots. Long barreled Pz4s? Its just shoot, since can one shot them easily.In the Tiger? Angled they cannot pen, and also its eazy oneshot them.Yes, sometimes happen these troll bounces but are rare.Learn their weakspots, flank, figth from range? Oh no no no, its easier come to the forums and cry "OMG T-34 OP".

Edited by *MightyTonySpark
medal

Through my almost 3 years in this game, I can say T-34s in the current state of the game are not overpowered. Are they good? Absolutely. Are they easy to use? Absolutely. But this does not make them overpowered by any stretch of the word. A Panzer IV F2 will wreck T34s just as easily as a T34 will wreck a Panzer IV F2. As for the T-34-85, I will admit it was slightly overpowered at 5.3 BR, but now that it is at 5.7, I think it is very balanced. Like almost any other 5.7 tank, it struggles against 6.7 tanks, but dominates against 4.7 tanks and most other 5.7 tanks. But just like any tank in the game, learn to play the vehicle, and learn the weaknesses of the vehicles you are fighting.

I used to main the Soviet tanks, but now I've almost entirely switched to German tanks, because I find them to be more fun and enjoyable, but still excellent tanks in the right hands.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

In my BR 3.0 British tanks I used to fear T-34's more than any other tank but then the APHE buff happened and now I fear the Panzer IV F2 more than any T-34. The T-34 in it's current form isn't OP but some of the RNG bounces on it's hull and turret can be quite frustrating.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Man this is cancerous. When people say the T-34 is Op. We sent necessarily specifying which one. Let's take the 1942 variant. It's pretty solid. A Jack of all trades. But the only thing is, the Pz4 F2 and G spam is disgusting and just loses all the time because they just sit in bushes and snipe you out. The 34 85 D5T is also a good tank. It's above average good in a skilled player. But it's versing panthers, tigers and tiger 2's occasionally. And as we all know the tigers and panthers are mildly OP with those guns and that troll like armour. At the moment I find we lose 90% of matches in any given BR for any T-34. German teams are winning ALOT of matches right now as of patch 1.71 don't know why. But they are. The PZ-4's, tigers, panthers can be killed, but the tiger II at its BR is slightly xxxx. I shot one from behind and it didn't pen. A 85mm 850m/s aphe shell. From behind. Non pen.... I shot a 8.8cm flakbus from behind right into the ammo box with an aphe shell and the ammo was black but didn't detonate.. so if people are gonna betcha round here and say German tanks are overtiered then, well I don't know what to say tbh. I'm not taking sides here but I'm slightly against people calling Russian tanks complete BS because I think you'll find its just as bad with the German tanks. It's all about people taking sides and making bold claims talking BS, and those RNG moments that I just mentioned above, this happens ALL the time in war thunder to every nation, every tank, every plane. It's just how war thunder works and we all know that. I'm going to finish off like this. Any tank, in any reasonable BR is capable of winning a game if they employ the correct tactics, somewhat competent teammates, and a grain of luck. It's not the tanks, it's the players. Many a time a player will misplace s shot..just slightly..and that will trigger some sort of troll shot and the layer will immediately scurry to the forums complaining about Russian bias, German bias, American bias, English bias and so on. It's the same for planes and I'm guilty of this myself. Sparks. In air RB much frustration is causes by sparks. That usually comes down to ping in which case mine at lowest is 250, but it's also just the game will not register shots occasionally and it seems like bias and complete BS. We all have games, multiple games, days, months like this. Whatever it may be, stupid unexplainable things happen in War Thunder every day, but that's war thunder for you. 1 last thing, I know, I'm sorry. This is just something hilarious that happened today. I shot a So-Ki in the side with my Kv-2 and it survived.. and on that note. Plz don't whine no more.

On 10/16/2017 at 7:14 AM, MrLoominati said:

<snip>

2 things:

1st:   the thread is rather old and we have had updates since it was last used.  Lets not revive old threads in this case and start a new one instead.  Things change and it confuses people if an update has altered what is previously written in a thread.  If you post a new thread and there is one existing that is current most times it gets merged so no worries.

2nd and much more serious:  I am sure that survivors of, and family who have lost loved ones to, such a heinous disease would be insulted by the flippant use of the word to describe a model in a video game.  Lets not cheapen their tales of loss and survival by such a careless use of the word please.  Besides there is a rule against medical references that specifically points out that disease's name as an example of what is not allowed!  here is the rule ...

• 1.1.19. Profanity and insult via direct statement or implication (full or partial circumvention). This includes the use of swearing, medical-related reference (such as cancer, mental illness, etc.), offensive and abusive language, and other references of an insulting or profane nature.  Automatically filtered items are exempt from action.

I would respectfully ask that you read the forum rules before posting again.  Here is a link to them: 

You are a new forum member so there will be no recording of this infraction about the medical reference.  However, do not expect that sort of pass for very long.  I encourage you to make your posts with a greater attempt to adhere to our rules please.

-Locked-

• Like 1