EdwinVonBoxberg

Hidden playable tanks: the complete list

Considering the interest that this forum had for the hidden playable planes list I made, I want to start a list of all playable hidden tanks in WT (that means, excluding italian Semoventi, japanese Type 89 Chi-Ro and others which appear only as ground targets for air missions).

The equivalent aircrafts list can be found here http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/208590-hidden-playable-planes-the-complete-list/

The equivalent ships list can be found here https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/413318-hidden-playable-ships-the-complete-list/

There are currently 20 hidden playable tanks

Germany

• ╬ Pz.Kpfw. M4 748 (a)
  • Ersatz M10

United States

• Light Tank M3A1 Stuart (USMC)
  • M5A1 Stuart 5th Canadian Armored Division

• M24 TL
  • XM-1 (C)

Soviet Union

• BM-13N
  • T-34 (1st Gv.T.Br.)
  • T-34 prototype
  • KV-1E
  • KV-2 mod. 1940
  • Type 65
  • T-34-85E
  • IS-2 “Revenge for the Hero brother”
  • Type 62

Great Britain

• 17pdr. M10 65th Anti-Tank Regt

• A.33 Heavy Assault Tank "Excelsior"
  • Black Prince

France

• Lorraine 155 Mle.50

Italy

• M60A1 "D.C.Ariete"

If you have any more tanks that you know of, please write them below and I will add them. I'll try to keep this updated in case some of the above become visibile again or more hidden tanks are added.

Edited by EdwinVonBoxberg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 27
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Gift_ground_units

• T-34 prototype, M4 748a Are only obtainable If you brought the Ground Forces CBT Beta packs
  • M5A1 Stuart 5th Canadian Armored Division Is purchasable in the shop under the WEAPONS OF VICTORY packs  
  • Cruiser Tank Grant I, Light Tank M3A1 Stuart (USMC) Was removed on the Online Store But can still be brought on PSN   
  • KV-1B Can be obtained if you buy a selected MSI product (Don't know what they are) in russia or could be won in the recent Summer madness event  
  • 75mm Gun Motor Carriage M8 was obtainable in Christmas event   
  • SU-76M (5th Guards Cossack Cavalry Corps) Could be won in an event
  • VK 4501 P I Have no idea.
  • Upvote 1

http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Gift_ground_units

• SU-76M (5th Guards Cossack Cavalry Corps) Could be won in an event

Yeah up until now I haven't seen anyone who actually won this vehicle in that event.

As for the VK 4501 P, only some devs own it as far as I know.

But we are not in closed beta for ground forces anymore (Closed Beta Test)

:(!

Close it and then open it for 24hrs again :D

• Upvote 3
medal

I own the M4 748(a). German Sherman. 

It's a German captured M4A2, and has identical stats. 

T-34 Prototype is the A-34, and has 37mm of sloped armor instead of 45, and a weaker turret, IIRC. It used to be the ultimate clubbing machine, because until recently it had a BR of 2.3 and then 2.7; only recently was it actually moved up to BR 3.3

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

T-34 Prototype is the A-34, and has 37mm of sloped armor instead of 45, and a weaker turret, IIRC. It used to be the ultimate clubbing machine, because until recently it had a BR of 2.3 and then 2.7; only recently was it actually moved up to BR 3.3

Gift me the Sherman please. I'll be your friend IRL.

medal

Considering the interest that this forum had for the hidden playable plane list I made, I want to start a list of all playable hidden tanks in WT (that means, excluding italian Semoventi, japanese Type 89 Chi-Ro and others which appear only as ground targets for air missions).

The equivalent aircrafts list can be found here http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/208590-hidden-playable-planes-the-complete-list/

Germany

• VK 4501 P

As for the VK 4501 P, only some devs own it as far as I know.

The VK 4501 (P) aka Tiger (P), aka Panzerbefehlswagen VI (P) is a premium tank that can be bought in game by anyone for 6090GE's.

Edited by Mowie
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The VK 4501 (P) aka Tiger (P), aka Panzerbefehlswagen VI (P) is a premium tank that can be bought in game by anyone for 6090GE's.

No. That's a different tank (the command version of the VK 4501). Here are the two:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIrTkHHYhKo[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64hQEPELFOo[/media]

Edited by EdwinVonBoxberg
  • Upvote 7

Command version had additional 100mm plate on hull(200 combined), just like Ferdi. Standard Tiger (P) Had 100mm. 

Edited by Nefer666
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

That was the A-32. The A-34 is a T-34 mod 1940 with a different name and a big ass spotlight. Other then that they were identical last I checked.
medal medal medal

To be fair, Herman was clubbing up a storm for the short period of time it had before they skyrocketed the BR.  I remember pulling 8-12 kill games in it while still learning the ins and outs of GF gameplay.

medal medal

Not sure about BR, definitely Tier III though. Only image I could find showing the BR was too low quality to make out, but I'd guess 5.7.

Pity it's not available, it would b a great addition in tier 3.

Mind you, I'm one of those weird people that likes using the PzBfw P. :)
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

No. That's a different tank (the command version of the VK 4501). Here are the two:

Only one VK 4501 (P) ever saw operational service.

No command version of the VK 4501 (P)  was ever build by the factory and all modifications (radios and zimmerit paste)  to upgrade the tank was done by the workshop of the 653. Schwere Panzerjägerabteilung in the field.

Therefore it is only 1 tank and not 2 seperate tanks.

Gaijin has gotten this wrong.

Command version had additional 100mm plate on hull(200 combined), just like Ferdi. Standard Tiger (P) Had 100mm. 

Actually there is no such thing as a standard VK 4501 (P) since they were all prototypes.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Only one VK 4501 (P) ever saw operational service.

No command version of the VK 4501 (P)  was ever build by the factory and all modifications (radios and zimmerit paste)  to upgrade the tank was done by the workshop of the 653. Schwere Panzerjägerabteilung in the field.

Therefore it is only 1 tank and not 2 seperate tanks.

Gaijin has gotten this wrong.

Actually there is no such thing as a standard VK 4501 (P) since they were all prototypes.

Seems about right then that both versions of the VK 4501 (P) are represented in the game: the standard one and the later upgraded version.

Glad we could solve your doubts.