DisconnecT83

Client 31.07.2015 (1.51.8.48)

• The Linux Launcher has been released | Download Here

• Various rare issues when logging in have been fixed.
  • Some errors on Windows 10 have been fixed.
  • Some errors on Linux have been fixed.(full screen and mouse problems fixes)

Note: This update applies to PC/Linux/Mac users. PS4 Users will receive the update as soon as possible.

• Upvote 8

You're developing for Windows 10? :D

Gib Dx12 support pl0x :Ps

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Any chance we could get some more detail as to what "errors" have been fixed regarding Linux?

• Upvote 1

You're developing for Windows 10? :D

Gib Dx12 support pl0x :Ps

War Thunder do not have problems with Windows 10.

Dx12 is compatible with previous one, so there is no need to have special version for Win 10/ Dx12.

Dx12 is compatible with previous one, so there is no need to have special version for Win 10/ Dx12.

Ok, np :)s

medal medal medal medal

Any chance we could get some more detail as to what "errors" have been fixed regarding Linux?

I do not have a clue what I'm typing here but:

On some DE (GNOME3 for example) there was an issue with system panel showed on top of game window in full screen. It's fixed now.

:crazy:

• Upvote 3

I do not have a clue what I'm typing here but:

:crazy:

Ah ok makes sense. So no fix for the mouse cursor not being locked inside the game window bug then?

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/238683-170194565-mouse-cursor-not-being-locked-inside-game-window/

Still present as of this patch. Getting up to a year now since I first reported this bug.  :(s

Is is safe to update from windows 8 to 10? Or should I wait for small bug fixes and optimizations. @Stona 

Ah ok makes sense. So no fix for the mouse cursor not being locked inside the game window bug then?

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/238683-170194565-mouse-cursor-not-being-locked-inside-game-window/

Still present as of this patch. Getting up to a year now since I first reported this bug.  :(s

Another one:

In-game cursor disappeared at edges of the screen. It's fixed.

• Upvote 1

Another one:

Ah nice to see that has been fixed. Still no word when on the other bug I mentioned is gonig to get fixed though?

Is is safe to update from windows 8 to 10? Or should I wait for small bug fixes and optimizations. @Stona 

Personally, I'm still on Win 7 , so hard for me to judge. 

Maybe try in this thread

It's safe. 10 runs quite well considering it just got released.

Yay, fixes for WIn 10. So far, everything is stable on win 10 for WT.  :Ds

medal medal medal medal

I have Win10 on a little 50GB partition of my HDD and War Thunder works fine there. It didn't have sound but today's update fixed that.
With that said, I still use Win8.1 as my primary OS because there are other issues (no, I don't mean le NSA spying conspiraciez :P) with Windows 10 not related to War Thunder which bother me, but that's just me.
medal medal

Ah nice to see that has been fixed. Still no word when on the other bug I mentioned is gonig to get fixed though?

Nope, sorry

It would be nice to have War Thunder run on Direct X 12 instead 11 but that would probably take a whole engine upgrade. Theirs nothing like free fps. Keep up the good work  :good:

Nope, sorry

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to continue to run it under Wine still as that bug makes it impossible to use the Linux client. :( Hopefully it will get fixed at some point...

Amazing, peer to peer torrent style seeding with the Linux version now!

RIP task bar bug covering my FPS and ping. You will not be missed.
medal medal medal

Is there any advantage in playing War Thunder on a Linux system compared to Windows?

For instance, if you want to make use of more than 4GB with Kerbal Space Program, the game needs to be played on Linux rather than Windows x64 because the Unity engine for Windows x64 sucks, and suffers from frequent crashes.

medal medal

Is there any advantage in playing War Thunder on a Linux system compared to Windows?

For instance, if you want to make use of more than 4GB with Kerbal Space Program, the game needs to be played on Linux rather than Windows x64 because the Unity engine for Windows x64 sucks, and suffers from frequent crashes.

No, it's the same game, just another OS )

So  does this mean I will get my my 20 fps back  because since I updated to windows 10 I lost 20 fps.

Try to update gfx drivers, I read that they released new one yesterday (both nVidia and AMD)

Doesn't DX12 support offer better FPS for those who have DX12?

medal medal