T14  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this tank in the game?

• Yes
    • No (Please specify why)
    • Unsure (Please specify why)

101mm sloped front armour on Tier II?

The USA 75mm is still bugged as hell, so it will be a bit like the T95 : great armor but poor gun.

medal

The USA 75mm is still bugged as hell, so it will be a bit like the T95 : great armor but poor gun.

and when it gets fixed? what then? Club de surpreme? Tier III atleast...

medal medal medal

and when it gets fixed? what then? Club de surpreme? Tier III atleast...

Exactly.

medal

That's 101mm of effective armor. It's 50mm basically everywhere. The front also has a massive flat MG port, which is 50mm as well.

That's considerably less exciting than I thought.

If they don't hit the MG port you'll be fine. Angle the tank at 45 degrees and they can't hit it.

medal

It's pretty similar to a T-34 with better armor.

That's 101mm of effective armor. It's 50mm basically everywhere. The front also has a massive flat MG port, which is 50mm as well.

76.2mm actually, the Machinegun port was 3 inches, the plates on either side of the port were 2 inches with the small portion above it 2 inches, but that 2 inch plate is joined against the main 2 inch plate which in reality make it a compound angle of a 60 degree 2 inch plate with a 90 degree angled 2 inch plate giving around 180mm effective armor at that section.

JzAspQN.jpg

The plate with the screws in it that has the hole for the bow machine gun and sight is 3 inches, the plates flanking it on left and right are 2 inches, as well as the top plate above it at 2 inches, but mind you, that 2 inch plate above it has the support and backing of the angled 2 inches plate across the whole front. So it's still a weak point, but not nearly as weak as you would think.

Frontally, as Conraire put it, it would be like the T-34 meaning it's main weak point would be the turret.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

They wanted the machine gun removed if production went forward as well. that or a total redesign as they knew it was a weak spot, in their own words (shaped like a vacuum to suck of shells)

medal

They wanted the machine gun removed if production went forward as well. that or a total redesign as they knew it was a weak spot, in their own words (shaped like a vacuum to suck of shells)

Yeah, the British weren't too fond of how it was placed on it. Although I think if they went the method of how they did it on the Panther A series or Tiger 2's it would have been okay due to the additional armor around the point and over the main plate.

medal medal

*I make the most cinematic evil laugh*

Oh yes this would do nicely!

+1

Edited by AceArchangel
medal medal medal medal

I wish I understood what qualifies topics for further discussion. Seems like this has more votes and comments than many of the topics in further discussion.
  • Upvote 2

Why not move this into Further Discussion? The tank actually existed with one still surviving, and there is plenty of documentation to back it up. More than 100 have voted on the poll and many seem interested in the tank.

Edited by ThatCoolGuy
  • Upvote 1
medal