I was trying to play an online game with my friends the other day. But for some reason only four of us could play, whilst the fifth could not join..

I then did a quick research on google, and read something about in-game clans, and that they can have many more members than a squad can. I also read that one of us would have to buy a certain "Gold Eagle Pack" to buy a "Commander Slot" (the leader of the clan) in a clan, and so to invite the others to it. I bought the "Gold Eagles" and the "Commander Slot" and so invited my friends.. But still all five of us could not play together.

I then found out, that I had been doing a too quick research, an found out that buying the "Commander Slot" was never supposed to work.. I didn't know what to do then, but thought: "Can it really be true, that you cannot play five together in an online match??"

If so, I would really hope that it could be changed in a near future... Plus, I can't be the only one, to have this problem. 

Squadron is a clan, guild, call it whatever you want - up to 128 people, one clan tag, clan name, commander, officers etc. You can play 8vs8 Squadron Battles together, but that's it.

Squad is a platoon, teams - up to 4 people who can join one random (AB/RB/SB) battle together. Even that is a lot - 4 good players is often enought to dominate a battle completely.

medal medal medal medal

They limit it at 4 because their matchmaking would explode if you could play with any more than 4.

The only way around it is to turn join in progress off, and only select a single low population server and you all queue at once and hopefully you end up in the same game.
medal medal medal

Squad limit of 4 is just to limit MM issues that large squads would cause.

4 people really do damage. 

Of course if standard of the playerbase was higher I reckon you could have 6 at a push. But there are just too many poor players for 6 man squads to be feasable as of now.

And until they put proper tutorials in, I can't see the standard of the playerbase getting any better.

medal

Squads have always had a four person limit. But you can split into 3 and 2, then que together and get in the same match.

I have got as many as a dozen people in one match that way before... but I usually don't have a dozen to do it with, or we get broke up into separate matches, so that's kind of a fluke. But getting two smaller squads together is fairly easy.

-edit

Arise, great chicken, Arise!!! Edited by vVRedOctoberVv
medal medal

Well as You can see on this picture there is way to go around this limit. I'm seeing this squad every night with more than 4 players.

9zpuyv.jpg

Please omfg look at the squad number! 4 in squad 1 and two of them in squad 2.

They are queueing up together at the same time on the same server!
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal