Stona

Update 15.07.2015 (1.51.7.101)

Client Update 15.07.2015 (1.51.7.101)

• Client stability has been improved.
  • Improved behavior of mouse cursor in windowed mode on Linux client.

Note: This update applies to PC/Linux/Mac users. PS4 Users will receive the update as soon as possible.

playing in Linux full screen, ALT or combination of CTRL+SHIFT keypress makes game go to the background and it looks like it is repeating that keypress in an active application, until game is killed.
this makes game unplayable, waiting for rollback or another patch

Stona (Posted )

Please post a proper bug report so we can act on this problem.
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/920-moderated-bug-reports-linux/
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

Well windowed mode does work better now although when looking around using C the camera still does jump around a bit when the mouse cursor moves to my second screen. Fullscreen however still isn't any better regarding this bug:

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/238683-170194565-mouse-cursor-not-being-locked-inside-game-window/

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/189928-143949-game-not-capturing-the-mouse-properly/

This issue would only affect multi-monitor users like myself I would assume as by the looks of it it's the mouse cursor leaving the monitor the game is running on that is the issue. 

Nice to see some work on this however as this issue has been around (And reported) since the launch of the Linux client over seven months ago it would be nice to see it finally fixed.

Am I the only one that never has crashes in war thunder? 

Stona (Posted )

You are the chosen one :D
  • Upvote 1

I don't crash either...  But I also run a lean machine so that may help.

(Posted )

Ensuring all software and drivers are up to date on your PC is always a good safeguard too :)
medal medal

So is there any chance the bug I mentioned (from last year) will get fixed any time soon? Would really like to start using the native client instead of having to run the Windows client under Wine. :(s

(Posted )

Hi

I was unable to find your topic. Please PM me and I will do my best to see what status the issue has and if we need to re-investigate it.

Smin

So when are the player stats/leader-board going to be fixed ? i am a premium user and have been waiting about a month for the fix since mine got reset.

(Posted )

We have forwarded the issue and it is currently under investigation. Any additional evidence/clog files you have will greatly assist the process :)
medal medal medal

Hi

linux

I can't login using Swedish keyboard layout.

After the last uppdate 1.51.7.101

It is the@ sign I can't type.

When I press Alt Gr key it goes in to command window and hang.

When logged in using English keyboard layout the game go into command window and hang when I press Alt R.

It happening in hanger and in game.

Made a bug report

Edited by petro_321

(Posted )

Hi!

Please submit a bug report here: http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/920-moderated-bug-reports-linux/

with any extra information and we will be able to assist you better :)

On the Linux version since this patch I am unable to use my keyboard when tabbed out of the game if using fullscreen. The windowed mode allows me to use my keyboard but as I cannot resize the window it leads to losing the bottom of my game, or not having the game fill my screen.

medal medal medal medal medal

I played War Thunder in Win XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and NEVER EVER had any kind of crash. Why do even people try to play games on Linux?

medal medal

Any chance we'll see a reduction in RP requirements for T5 tanks that aren't Russian? You guys briefly reduced the price of the late model panthers only to switch it back to the unreasonable 380k price an hour later. Since the T-54 '47 and the M47 have the same BR, it would only make sense to give them the same RP cost. A stock T-54 '47 is better than a stock M47, so why does the M47 cost 110k RP more? I realize this is a Russian game and you want Russian vehicles to be desirable, but penalizing someone based on their chosen nationality is ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

I am the second choosen because I had only one crash back in 2013  :Ps

medal medal

Client Update 15.07.2015 (1.51.7.101)

• Client stability has been improved

Wow, I got chat immediately after entering the game. If that whats the quoted centense meant, I'm already satisfied with the update. I have a growing hope for the Squad feature to work too  :good:

Edit: I'm sorry to say this was false alarm, it's unsteady as before and we don't manage to form a squad  :dntknw:

Edit 2: When we manage to form up in a Squad, internal voice com is not working, chat not connected, squad not intact after a game, we have to dispatch and start all over again. Not exactly enforcing team play .

Edit 3: latest launcher log and game log files[attachment=152441:2015_07_15_20_30_08__5816.txt] [attachment=152442:2015_07_15_20_30_18__6604.clog]

Edit 4: Someone tried to  text me in game, if it were anyone from support / dev, - it's wonky, wont work. PM mere in forum instead.

Edited by Senilix
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Same here--never crash but I run a muscle machine with tons of software I never have time to use. Nevertheless, the updates drive me crazy. You are almost guaranteed one per week.  :Os

medal medal medal

I just clicked the heck out of all the research, vehicle, event, and chat tabs and nothing crashed

i am very happy and thank you very much for fixing the issues which made it impossible to play the game, i can finally start playing War Thunder again. 

Same here--never crash but I run a muscle machine with tons of software I never have time to use. Nevertheless, the updates drive me crazy. You are almost guaranteed one per week.  :Os

Alot of us couldn't even play the game until this update, sorry that having to download updates "drives you crazy" but i imagine your more sane then the people who couldn't 

• Load into the hanger without crashing

• Click any tabs, such as Research tab, Vehicle selection tab without crashing

• Shoot weapons without crashing (happened to atleast 1 guy i know)

Please understand these updates are often needed because the issues they cause can completely prevent people from playing the game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Glad to hear about more stability. Any fixes are always good as long as they fix something! ;)s

Also, all members viewing this please note that if there is a bug you find on the Linux version of War Thunder, please report it here and follow all rules and requirements.

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/920-moderated-bug-reports-linux/

Thanks.

I run a very lean machine as well. Primary SSD only runs very few "primary games" as well as my OS (Windows 7 Pro) and everything else is on my HDD. Current drivers on literally everything - as I had to double and triple check. I must mention the system is less than 6 months old and I built it myself. Running AMD A10, EVGA 960, 8 gigs Ram and just one day, crashed extremely hard that I couldn't get past the loading screen without a fatal error. Went through the process of researching the problem through WT threads. Last ditch effort was to run it as an XP capable version and it finally started working again. In one of the threads it said the devs were aware of the problem and are working on it. No idea what the problem is nor what causes it, but it literally came out of no where for me as it showed up over night, no patches, no Windows update, no driver updates, nothing. So as one of the mods said to another poster, you too are a chosen one. lol

Running LinuxMint 17.2 Cinnamon. I posted yesterday that while war thunder is running I cannot use my keyboard out of game. I have also discovered now that if I press print screen my game will minimise. It does still take the screenshot.

As for someone implying I should just use windows, no. Gaijin support Linux and I am giving feedback on a fairly minor but annoying problem with the latest patch.