Server 10.07.2015

Wibox

This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

• Transmission on SPG SU-122-54 and ZSU-57-2 configured the same as the T-54 (the maximum speed of vehicle and the gear ratio)
  • Penetration value of 100 mm HEAT projectile ZBK-5 increased from 350 to 380 mm according to "Domestic armored vehicles. The twentieth century. Volume 3 1946-1965 gg. "P.49," Weapons and Tactics of the Soviet Army ".
  • Increased likelihood of ricochet at acute angles (less than 25 degrees) for HESH shells.
  • Increased likelihood of ricochet for HEAT and HEAT Finned shells at angles of less than 20 degrees.
  • Changed position slightly of spawn and capture points on ground vehicles in Kuban to correct the situation where team A wins more often than Team B because of closer location in relation to the spawn points of capture as well as being a good position for covering capture points.

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

• Upvote 8

yes!!!!!!!!! Balance for Kuban map!!

• Penetration value of 100 mm HEAT projectile 3BK-5 increased from 350 to 380 mm according to "Domestic armored vehicles. The twentieth century. Volume 3 1946-1965 gg. "P.49," Weapons and Tactics of the Soviet Army ".
  • Increased likelihood of ricochet for HEAT and HEAT Finned shells at angles of less than 20 degrees.

Yeah why not

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal

What does it mean?

Higher chances of bounce at those angles which is 0-20 degrees.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Before this the HEAT Finned shells can penetrate are most impossible angle,so this is some kind of good?

but yeah still cant see the reasons for increasing 3BK-5 power

Well history is accurate in this game :D

Thanks for update

medal medal medal medal

Still practicing censorship i see. Typical.

Stona (Posted )

1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas.
1.1.5. Deliberately challenge moderation or administration, if you have issues or concerns with any actions taken please send a Private Message to Moderators, Senior Moderators, Lead Moderators or Community Managers/Administrators.

Stona (Posted )

Focus on update, not on offtopic.
  • Upvote 36
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Any info on HESH mechanic revision?

That kind of round shouldn't have a penetration value to start with.

• Upvote 7
medal

• Increased likelihood of ricochet at acute angles (less than 25 degrees) for HESH shells.
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, hesh broken to bits. A round with a soft head is ricocheting ... The reduced effectiveness at low angles, yes.

But a softhead hesh round ricocheting of a tank without exploding is bs. I mean HESH rounds are wrong modelled and i accept that, without a working spalling mechanic HESH cant work. 

But ... seriously at least give the l7 its correct apds pen and its range finder. This tank is designed for a high first round hit propability. Not giving it its smokegrenade launchers and range finder is like not giving the russian tanks their sloped armor. And how easily penetrated flat armor pieces are, we know that. 

Not giving a tank its proper design features is just baaad. Also not even giving it its correct basic desirng characteristics like gun pen. If you dont want to give that as a first round, give them HESH. 

• Upvote 14
medal medal medal medal medal

lets see if this will help, Heat really ruin Tier 5 battles they can pen and one shot anything at any angle or distance.

and with a faster reload like the one of t54 and m60 heat is way OP

Still no fix for Maus machine gun. Broken after 1.51, cant move up or down, only sideways. Cant aim targets.

Stona (Posted )

Please submit a bug report in Bug Section.
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Penetration value of 100 mm HEAT projectile ZBK-5 increased from 350 to 380 mm according to "Domestic armored vehicles. The twentieth century. Volume 3 1946-1965 gg. "P.49," Weapons and Tactics of the Soviet Army ".

So you are giving T54 penetration buff according to the book but can't give Maus it's real armour according to the real model.

well done gayjion

• Upvote 27

That kind of round shouldn't have a penetration value to start with.

It isn't a penetration value. It's the distance the shock wave can go before it dissipates within the steel. HESH cannot cause spalling on an infinitely long metal surface. It eventually dissipates.

• Upvote 7
medal medal

Penetration value of 100 mm HEAT projectile ZBK-5 increased from 350 to 380 mm according to "Domestic armored vehicles. The twentieth century. Volume 3 1946-1965 gg. "P.49," Weapons and Tactics of the Soviet Army ".

and still no Pak44 L55 buff... but i guess the already huge pen HEAT shells absolutely need it...

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal

Oh oh, i have this feeling i'm gonna spawn inside a rock or a tree in Kuban soon. Oh well, i like when maps are changed, feels like "spot the difference."

Panther II still costs 100.000 research points more than its worth... i guess my german tanks will remain in the garage for the time being. Hopefully it is on the "to do" list.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

I meant the shell damage mechanic not the ricochet.

Due to the very nature of the shell, a penetration value is out of place and should however not be in the range of thicknesses we have on the tanks in the game. The counters to this shell are liners, spaced armor or composite ones not armor thickness.

It is unlikely that a homogeneus armor even very thick could avoid the internal spalling caused by the shockwave even if well over the thickest we can have in the game.

The damage mechanic we have now is a modification of the heat round, but that don't do justice to HESH. It doesn't penetrate at all.

• Upvote 3
medal

It isn't a penetration value. It's the distance the shock wave can go before it dissipates within the steel. HESH cannot cause spalling on an infinitely long metal surface. It eventually dissipates.

Not in so "thin" plates. To dissipate it we would need a really thicker plate. Not someting you can mount on a tank if you want it to move around.

Fact is it's hard to find proper sources and material to submit a bug report on this.

medal

I know Stona, probably waiting fix-list is half a mile long atm but it would be nice to Dev fixing stuff that they broke last time when they were fixing stuff. Now we see a adjusting whole russian line of 7-8BR tanks to giving them edge to fight back because Leo and M60 are equal to T-54, but then we gonna have a T-60 and whole balancing will go to hell, so best part is just fix previous older stuff, like missing bomb sights, lack of armour and broken armor plates on planes that were broken when someone add armor plate and accidentally set half of plane to 0.1mm armor. Normally i would ignore that but if pilot armor plates go to 0.1 it isnt a good thing.

25a4vgz.jpg

• Upvote 6

•  

Shouldn't it be 3BK-5? Z and 3 look really similar in Cyrillic.

medal medal medal

Any possible chance we could actually see some historical and desvered buffs to US tanks, and to a lesser extent German ones, instead of repeatedly nerfing them over and over while handing the Russians buffs?

Not calling out Bussian Rias but there are some serious downfalls to a lot of the US tanks at the moment, and some German ones, what about the 90mm armed US tanks which are firing slower than T-54's despite having doctrine state they should achieve 10 rounds per minute? Even 8 would make me happy enough.

Also what about the L7/M68 APDS ammo being fixed? A bug report was put in weeks ago while the dev server was up and the L7A3/M68 APDS got nerfed to unrealistic levels, yet nothing jas happened despite the report being very in depth and providing a lot of good sources.

Also this update broke my War Thunder and it seems I need a complete reinstall, keeps telling me I have another instance of the game running when I don't, and when I tried to verify the game, I get repeated disk rear errors and can not fix it.
  • Upvote 28
medal medal medal medal medal

Any possible chance we could actually see some historical and desvered buffs to US tanks, and to a lesser extent German ones, instead of repeatedly nerfing them over and over while handing the Russians buffs?

adding the missing ~50mm penetration to the Pak 44 L55 maybe? (at 0°... i'd like to know how that translates to the other degrees) and maybe the experimental APDS for the Maus and maybe the JT (what... T-54s also have ammo they never received)

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Well... I really as a UK/GER tank fanboy i dont see anything wrong with setting russian tanks (honestly any tank as long at that change is historically correct) accordingly to proper data (up or down), but well... now every other tank should be adjusted aswell.

Then we can worry about adjusting their BR after fixing their reload time.