Risuou

Submarines- Yay or nay?

You said it was one of the most advanced and durable ships in Europe, it was neither.

You missunderstood that part meybe because language barrier or you missunderstood what i meant by that. "Like bismarck was one most durable and advanced ship(s) on europe and brittish knew it." By this i ment it was one major ships on european sea, What gave problems other ships what was main spawn of conrolling sea. Like Yamato was to in world and they recodnized it was strong. But main point was always by that comment.

Frigates, destoryers, heavy cruisers in the end was tactical pawn like soldier pierce is chess. They spawns who either are used to give advantage for battleship in battle or they are just doing side roles as scouts and raiding other ships when happend. While battleships were kings. If you sunk king you won the battle in major cases.

So i get why your stuck in terms most advantaged and durable part. As i should have done better translation toward what i mean. So im not denying what your saying. But you missunderstood what i ment by my post. As it was ment tell this. They are so strong that they needed spesific talents to deal enemy what typically were ---> Huge caliber from battleship, torpedos, bombers, kamikaze planes, and lot of luck. Also you neglection or missed blurar letter on ship. What is ships what means multible ships. What contained changed entire sentance from bismark beeing the best ship in europe. But when there was on S end of word of ship. It means it was amount best ships. Not best but amount them.

While on bismarck they needed to deal mobility to take it out. Think it as it was king what could move all pars of chess boards like queen. You need to sacrifile some spawns to get it conered then kill it. Like major cases of battles.

I hope you understood what i was trying to say. Im not here speaking about what ship is best. But saying my point as battleships were major of cases king piece of chess.

Edited by elite930

While on bismarck they needed to deal mobility to take it out. Think it as it was king what could move all pars of chess boards like queen. You need to sacrifile some spawns to get it conered then kill it. Like major cases of battles.

I hope you understood what i was trying to say. Im not here speaking about what ship is best. But saying my point as battleships were major of cases king piece of chess.

Battleships and CVs are Capitol ships. They are designed to eliminate targets from primarily medium to long range, while not falling to enemy return fire.

This is the reason why CVs and now CVNs have taken over this role from battleships.

The Bismark was advanced, but it was not extremely durable. It's 15 inch guns were accurate at medium range, but not at long range. All in all, it would be a support battleship, providing A) something else to shoot at besides the CV or Nagato behind it at long range, B) covering fire to force enemies to maneuver at long range, and finally, once it closed the distance between itself and its target, would aim for kills and incapacitations, like a Support class would do in an FPS.

• Upvote 1

Battleships and CVs are Capitol ships. They are designed to eliminate targets from primarily medium to long range, while not falling to enemy return fire.

This is the reason why CVs and now CVNs have taken over this role from battleships.

The Bismark was advanced, but it was not extremely durable. It's 15 inch guns were accurate at medium range, but not at long range. All in all, it would be a support battleship, providing A) something else to shoot at besides the CV or Nagato behind it at long range, B) covering fire to force enemies to maneuver at long range, and finally, once it closed the distance between itself and its target, would aim for kills and incapacitations, like a Support class would do in an FPS.

I know battleships were always were best at long range. But point of my post was mostly this. Frigate, destoryers, heavy cruisers needs to get up and personal deal these ships. While these ships were like kings and queens. They were most guarded and they shot enemy down at range. Like basicly your hoping that enemy will miss with their shots to get close.

Like in steel ocean game battleships are basicly most dangerous ships in game. While they would be super fast hammered if someone spotted them for other battleship or smallers ships happens be optical range for using torpedos. While light guns did some dmg on weaker spots. But typically battleships have lot more guns in them that lighter ones. Like Kongō what i have currently in that game. Also its not battleship but it still really durable to deal. It gets rekt if you get close enaught with torpedos or planes. But it still aint completly defendless. Those frigates with speed gets rekt by its smaller cannons on rear but thing what i need to worry is most are other ships and subs.

But im not really here argue about history or what is best and what is awful. But id like to see submarines in this game thats all.

Other games do it just fine the maps are small enough and there are already boats which basically go at slow **** speeds. Submarines would add another level to naval battles, underwater. While they are slow moving underwater they are a bit faster on the surface, likely as fast as some of the heavier boats already in the game, upon nearing the front they could submerge.

If you're slow underwater don't go underwater if you want to have some merchant frags.

I thinks it is not so easy to detect surfaced submarine at these weather conditions (only the conning tower of sub is visible).

M7fAkPQ.jpg 

On 4.06.2015 at 6:21 AM, Risuou said:

But first off, let's clear off the most concerning things about submarines.

First off, subs are slow vessels. Let's take the very well known German Type VII U-boot for example. On the surface, they managed only around ~18 knots. Submerged, a Type VII could get about ~8 knots. They would not be necessarily action paced vessels to command. That explains why they're so vulnerable to watercraft like DDs, DEs, and minelayers.

Submarines are too slow...

And now we have Artilleriefährprahm with (based on uncle Google and aunt Wiki) only 10 knots.

:D:facepalm:

6 hours ago, PL_Andrev said:

Submarines are too slow...

And now we have Artilleriefährprahm with (based on uncle Google and aunt Wiki) only 10 knots.

:D:facepalm:

Yes that boat it's slow 32km/h (17kn) ,well armed and also heavy (440tons)

shot-2017-02-10-20-06-52.jpg

Hi I would not have them at all in this set up if you want to do that start another company and do it that way

it would be even more difficult to get it right with all the other stuff going on so a BIG NO NO

subs should go to a separate Game Full Stop