SupermarioPS

Tales of the Doom turtle – The blog

Astonishing and amazing

Tales of the Doom turtle!

The blog

Meet Kaida the 105mm Motor Gun Carrier of my crew and me:

shot_2015.05.27_14.13.45.jpg

I started this topic after a suggestion by a fellow Status Thunderer and as others do similar experiences. I will my try my best to bring forth interesting happenstances with this mighty behemoth (which is quite bad close up in CQC and for completing mission objectives or anything else really).

Journal:

The first inept attempt:

"Well, I've got my T95. First game in Arcade on Eastern Europe Conquest. *Boing**Pfew**Peng* Biggest problem was the low accuracy of the stock gun. When suddenly 5min into the game the cannon broke -.- 3min later at cap point I need to defend it alone vs 5 enemy tanks. Team gone goofing. It's a good machine, even survived three bombing attempts."SupermarioPS 12:41, 26th May 2015

Second entry:

"Dear blog, today I ventured into "White Fortress", after a short five minute drive I arrived at an overview plateu point north of the central bridge. The hostile reinforcement station was right ahead of me 800m with the sole capture flag on my right. For three continues minutes three Maus and eight russian 122mm tried my armour. Albeit my gun broke, I managed to annihiliations, after depleting 20 rounds. After this struggle a lucky lobbed shell found its way to the fuel tanks through the cupola setting me ablaze. Unfortunately I was to dim to buy a fire kit, henceforth dooming my crew and myself. To my gratification the enemy was paralyzed during this fight, enabling my team to win this tactical onslaught.

Farewell my fair readers."SupermarioPS 13:50, 26th May 2015

Third entry:

"*ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED*
"Outrunning the Hare – Capture a point in the T95"

http://live.warthunder.com/post/185211/"
SupermarioPS 14:05, 26th May 2015

Fourth entry:

"Somehow I manage to capture a tactical location in every match I play. My presumtion is the inemptitude of allies to push forward when under fire. Further the complete lack of knowledge about the idea of mobility or more the lack there of faetures predomitely in era V games. The theory is as follows: The heavier and more expensive a vehicle gets, the more the owner fears the maintance cost of driving it.

Now if only I purchased parts to safe my combat ability and retain the forward positions I dearly fought for." SupermarioPS 11:52, 27th May 2015

Fifth entry:

"Dear blog
Today was one of the most cumbersome and dreadful tense battles I fought up to this point. After 15min of skirmish on Break Eastern Europe, our numbers began to dwindle with sad realization.

For my part, I stayed at the reinforcement point and only drove 80m towards the foe to engage three Tiger tanks, forcing them to engage me rather than any worthy target of oppertunity. As the time passed that critical point my position was paying off. The streets lined up greatly to my advantage and my crew was able to pick of one after the other.

Yet, this was not able to seal the demise of this onslaught. With the ammunition storages nearly depleted I moved towards the next and last supply point, here I faced a barrage of air surpression tactics, but my superior evading skills proofed reliable.

Now past the 20 minute mark I was left alone as the last of the allies succumbed to the foe. In this desperate time I moved back faced by two Tiger tanks and a T-44. Fencing valiantly an even braver man than me appeared in a cunning move from beyond our reinforcement point located conveniently behind my vessel. Though the movement was hindred by well placed strike into the machinery department, my crew was left to abandon the motor carriage.

Yet again my savvy plan to save funds by not purchasing a fire prevention system cost me more than dearly." SupermarioPS 13:09, 27th May 2015

[attachment=143351:2015.05.27 13.57.24 T95. 26min of bumming around..wrpl]

Sixth entry:

"Just witnessed an advancing Jaagtiger: Immidiately shot its tracks.
In a 1° angle then overmatch applied and went trough the track armour and set off the fuel tanks
" SupermarioPS 13:16, 27th May 2015

Seventh entry:

"Dear blog, today I visited the east, meeting two foes more apart in heart than Venus and Mars.

'Ahh Poland what a lovely place' I thought unknowingly what was coming ahead of me. For now luck smiled upon me and spawned me north. Expecting the usual long range spawn point skirmish I moved my Kaida north west upto the little tree ridge. To likely everyones surprise the front was pushed aggresively west, putting a hold to my relaxed plan of camping beneath an oak tree in the sunshine.

Thus I moved forward, offering myself to a M103 as shield, without waiting for the inevitable not-response we moved on. Quite regulary spawning tanks posed an attractive target, stop 'n shoot is very viable for a vehicle on capable of 12kph.

After rather uneventful two minute I came across the place were in Domination would be a tactical point of value. As luck will have it an unaware IS-4 was looking 90° off exposing its turret side. Knowing the jester character of the the armour I order my gunner to shot the hull and the ammo racks located there. Unwilling to recognize the dange this posed, as the hull was not clearly visible behind the fences.

Yet the shot was made and disaster stroke us straight in the gut. His hull was angled towards US! He had been taking potshots against the Maus while completely exposing his side to HIM! This buffon true to his tanks armour traits was a blessing in disguise. Noticing to late my loader had the next shell reloaded and his gunner marked his target well in one line through between both the tracks on the lower glacies setting him ablaze. The foe was not sleepy and swung his arm around and...

knocks my Kaida's cannon out...

To which we were unaware until after we've reloaded and took the second strike, flying far off into the sky. Left for words by his and mine action I decide after some hesitation for repairs. Fortunately for my crew his use of the fire extinguisher saved seconds for our half a minute repair. To cut this chase short. Two more 122mm shots followed every single one doing bugger all. 'The rarity of this vehicle does pay off' were my thoughts as my third shell again found its way into the lower plate, this time finishing off two men, disabling this David.

Not much more to tell from this point. I found a respawned ISU-122. Probably an even rarer sight at these clash-ups. But I learned from this engagement. The cannons deliver package accuary is ****. Missing on 400m distance one meter long does hurt, it hurts even more that while backing up the opponent shows a good reason to bring such a towering TD to the field: Good accuary. Sailing through the gunners cupola and exploding in the back next to the ammo racks of mine."

[spoiler]Tales_of_the_Doom_turtle_Day_28_May_2015[/spoiler]

Eighth entry:

"Dear blog,

Kuban, a place were crew lamant about their tanks mobility on slopes and steeps.

"OH GOD PLEASE SPARE ME THIS BATTLEFIELD!" Well, it did not went THAT bad. It started that way though.

Three minutes and thirty seconds for 300m to even see the first enemy. Coming late however also means to find some one else in an attractive position, if you allow me this quirk ladies.

IS-3 with his side, omnomnom. Unfortunately the 105mm AP ammo shows yet again its random nature. Reliably is only the 80% chance for ammoracks. Jesters at Nobel factories...

Of course I fetch a good APCR hit from a flanking M46. Reverse back, repair and toilet time (irl).

Now the fun starts, with an ostensible free right flank I drive down from the eastern uphill position to the only strategic point of interest to the fighting armoured forces.

The situation changed drastically and rapidly. IS-3 to the left behind the foot-ridge of a hill 50m and 300m to the right a sneaky IS-2M. "Great, TEAM!!!". I needed to choose, with only two crewmen reloads are up to 44 seconds. "One needs to go" it echoes in my head. Ready in its breach I fire the shell into the IS-2's cheek. Commander and horizontal turret drive damaged. "Good enough for me."

Turning the tank in neutral, the IS-3 notices my Kaida and shoots.
*Danger Zone -  Protomen* Music pumps in and the shot is reflected. With a yelling "UUURRAAAAA" the Doom turtle charges in.

And the IS-3 is panicking! Reverse back and UP THE HILL. Oh the dark humour as he keeps outrunning me on these uneven grounds.

Firing again the 122 millimeter finds itself hugged by twelve inches of cast steel. Eager for my gunner to finish the reload the allied team finally notices the Russian heavy.

The enemy broken we advance, a ISU-122 meets its fate and another 105 shell fails to ammo rack an ISU-152. Fortunately the T95 seems to be impervious to his high explosive fire as the match ends.

[spoiler]shot_2015.05.28_14.08.48.jpg[/spoiler]

Ninth entry:

Just some amusing pictures done ina Double T95 +  Baby T95 squad.

[spoiler]

And yes, that IS-3 just got flanked by another T95.

shot_2015.05.29_15.50.34.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Squadron of DOOOOOM!!! - Turtles.
RB - Conquest Carpathia Western Spawn
Rather ineffective as one can imgaine, especially as the left flank was overrun by T-54s.
Well, we dealt with them, tiny T28 even made it into the cap :)

shot_2015.05.29_16.02.49.jpg

[/spoiler]

Also I am acclaiming this song to the T95 theme. If it wouldn't be for the crew inside, the machine is built to last:

In addition I am a fan of The Protomen.

[spoiler]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS65IB7WL4s

[/spoiler]

Tenth entry:

More pictures. Currently to lazy to write a thing.

[spoiler]

Yeah... nice try. Reverse speed OP! Nerf now!!!

shot_2015.05.27_13.46.19.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It is always funny to capture poitns with the T95, it is even funnier to wreck several IS-3s in the process :lol: . Silly IS-3! Uphill your frontal armour is very juicy! OM NOMNOM NOMNOM NOM!

shot_2015.05.29_14.47.49.jpg

[/spoiler]

Eleventh entry:

And that's the T95 in the current meta. Bastion of hope, if you can secure a height vantage position to cover the cupolas.
With smart target prioritization one can annihilate/damage the dangerous medium vehicles with HEATFS.
Everyone else is firing HE anyway. "OMNOMNOMNOM."

Met two Maus tankers down in the center open cauldron. APCR worked decently against their Turret.

Although these were not my player kills. Two unfortunate Tiger Ausf. B had to taste my APCBC shells.

All hail the bullet sponge!

[spoiler]shot+2015.08.28+21.21.06.png[/spoiler]

And more entries within this topic! (Picture count is limited per post)

Edited by SupermarioPS
  • Upvote 17
medal medal medal medal medal

I'm going ahead and following this too, seems entertaining.  May Kaida serve you well!

[spoiler]freedom.jpg[/spoiler]

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Seventh entry:

"Dear blog, today I visited the east, meeting two foes more apart in heart than Venus and Mars.

'Ahh Poland what a lovely place' I thought unknowingly what was coming ahead of me. For now luck smiled upon me and spawned me north. Expecting the usual long range spawn point skirmish I moved my Kaida north west upto the little tree ridge. To likely everyones surprise the front was pushed aggresively west, putting a hold to my relaxed plan of camping beneath an oak tree in the sunshine.

Thus I moved forward, offering myself to a M103 as shield, without waiting for the inevitable not-response we moved on. Quite regulary spawning tanks posed an attractive target, stop 'n shoot is very viable for a vehicle on capable of 12kph.

After rather uneventful two minute I came across the place were in Domination would be a tactical point of value. As luck will have it an unaware IS-4 was looking 90° off exposing its turret side. Knowing the jester character of the the armour I order my gunner to shot the hull and the ammo racks located there. Unwilling to recognize the dange this posed, as the hull was not clearly visible behind the fences.

Yet the shot was made and disaster stroke us straight in the gut. His hull was angled towards US! He had been taking potshots against the Maus while completely exposing his side to HIM! This buffon true to his tanks armour traits was a blessing in disguise. Noticing to late my loader had the next shell reloaded and his gunner marked his target well in one line through between both the tracks on the lower glacies setting him ablaze. The foe was not sleepy and swung his arm around and...

knocks my Kaida's cannon out...

To which we were unaware until after we've reloaded and took the second strike, flying far off into the sky. Left for words by his and mine action I decide after some hesitation for repairs. Fortunately for my crew his use of the fire extinguisher saved seconds for our half a minute repair. To cut this chase short. Two more 122mm shots followed every single one doing bugger all. 'The rarity of this vehicle does pay off' were my thoughts as my third shell again found its way into the lower plate, this time finishing off two men, disabling this David.

Not much more to tell from this point. I found a respawned ISU-122. Probably an even rarer sight at these clash-ups. But I learned from this engagement. The cannons deliver package accuary is ****. Missing on 400m distance one meter long does hurt, it hurts even more that while backing up the opponent shows a good reason to bring such a towering TD to the field: Good accuary. Sailing through the gunners cupola and exploding in the back next to the ammo racks of mine."

[spoiler]Tales_of_the_Doom_turtle_Day_28_May_2015[/spoiler]

• Upvote 3

This is real?! 

*keking intensifies* 

• Upvote 1
medal

Eightth entry:

"Dear blog,

Kuban, a place were crew lamant about their tanks mobility on slopes and steeps.

"OH GOD PLEASE SPARE ME THIS BATTLEFIELD!" Well, it did not went THAT bad. It started that way though.

Three minutes and thirty seconds for 300m to even see the first enemy. Coming late however also means to find some one else in an attractive position, if you allow me this quirk ladies.

IS-3 with his side, omnomnom. Unfortunately the 105mm AP ammo shows yet again its random nature. Reliably is only the 80% chance for ammoracks. Jesters at Nobel factories...

Of course I fetch a good APCR hit from a flanking M46. Reverse back, repair and toilet time (irl).

Now the fun starts, with an ostensible free right flank I drive down from the eastern uphill position to the only strategic point of interest to the fighting armoured forces.

The situation changed drastically and rapidly. IS-3 to the left behind the foot-ridge of a hill 50m and 300m to the right a sneaky IS-2M. "Great, TEAM!!!". I needed to choose, with only two crewmen reloads are up to 44 seconds. "One needs to go" it echoes in my head. Ready in its breach I fire the shell into the IS-2's cheek. Commander and horizontal turret drive damaged. "Good enough for me."

Turning the tank in neutral, the IS-3 notices my Kaida and shoots.
*Danger Zone -  Protomen* Music pumps in and the shot is reflected. With a yelling "UUURRAAAAA" the Doom turtle charges in.

And the IS-3 is panicking! Reverse back and UP THE HILL. Oh the dark humour as he keeps outrunning me on these uneven grounds.

Firing again the 122 millimeter finds itself hugged by twelve inches of cast steel. Eager for my gunner to finish the reload the allied team finally notices the Russian heavy.

The enemy broken we advance, a ISU-122 meets its fate and another 105 shell fails to ammo rack an ISU-152. Fortunately the T95 seems to be impervious to his high explosive fire as the match ends.

[spoiler]shot_2015.05.28_14.08.48.jpg[/spoiler]

• Upvote 4

Waw gonna follow this now :D

[spoiler]fb5450747c7ab7a8596981b668145e01.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by _Night_fury
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

>arcade

> Uses ">" in 2015

> realistic:

[spoiler]

And yes, that IS-3 just got flanked by another T95.

shot_2015.05.29_15.50.34.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Squadron of DOOOOOM!!! - Turtles.
RB - Conquest Carpathia Western Spawn
Rather ineffective as one can imgaine, especially as the left flank was overrun by T-54s.
Well, we dealt with them, tiny T28 even made it into the cap :)

shot_2015.05.29_16.02.49.jpg

[/spoiler]

Also I am acclaiming this song to the T95 theme. If it wouldn't be for the crew inside, the machine is built to last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS65IB7WL4s

In addition I am a fan of The Protomen.

• Upvote 1

Post a realistic map like Kursk, that one xxxx castle map and the new western europe map. But on the hilly spawn.

Would be hilarious to see :)

Edited by BananaG0D
medal medal medal

Here turtle turtle... I have some 128mm for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqUP6jXJRlY

NO MOAR DOOM TURTLE!! :lol:

Edited by *Shibiwan

Post a realistic map like Kursk, that one xxxx castle map and the new western europe map. But on the hilly spawn.

Would be hilarious to see :)

I posted about the Star fort map earlier. It's quite frequent in RB -.-

Quite easy to deal with though. Either go center and just block the bridge (spawn south for easier access), or move up the north and on to the dam there. Being an obvious target from a far helps the team a lot as they change focus fire.

There is also a good vantage spot for the eastern team. in the inner circle is one of those big elevated triangle barbettes, drive up to it and sit in this nice corner overviewing the southern inner circle part.

Never had Kursk :(s I want to play it soo bad! Just sitting on a hill laughing at the enemy in range. Minimum distance for flanks is 600m too and with those angles on the hill, my side armour will be rockhard.

I've had Normandy quite a lot. I just drove into the town along the concrete flood walls. They are so high nothing can really shoot me from the beach and the left side is blocked by houses.

Here turtle turtle... I have some 128mm for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqUP6jXJRlY

NO MOAR DOOM TURTLE!! :lol:

Only 1/12 players I meet knows to shoot the cupolas. Also the Maus doesn't count, it's so high it could in theory hit the roof armour :-P

You know the real enemy of the T95? ZSU-37! They keep shooting my gunbarrel and knock it out in one clip :crying: Repair takes over a 30seconds in RB. Well I've got my HMG to deal with them, but the damage has been dealt by then... and those bugs usually have got medium tank backup. Seriously my most common death: Outflanked during cannon repair, everyone keeps shooting it, because they don't know about the cupola! IS-3s, IS-4Ms, M103s, T-54s, all for the cannon. Peculiar: Not Kingtigers, rarely meet them. They stick back like me, only face them on Eastern Europe in long range shoot-outs.

And then there are Panther drivers... They know both the weakspots AND know how to drive a medium tank. Good thing I don't see them very much. Dunno why, maybe the IS-3 spam.

[spoiler]

Yeah... nice try. Reverse speed OP! Nerf now!!!

shot_2015.05.27_13.46.19.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It is always funny to capture poitns with the T95, it is even funnier to wreck several IS-3s in the process :lol: . Silly IS-3! Uphill your frontal armour is very juicy! OM NOMNOM NOMNOM NOM!

shot_2015.05.29_14.47.49.jpg

[/spoiler]

So, what do you call your merry band of Doom Turtles?  The Doom Bale, or maybe the Doom Dole?  Or maybe come up with something original, like the "Doom Bringing Mega Turtles"  (Really bad example, but whatever.)

medal medal

So, what do you call your merry band of Doom Turtles?  The Doom Bale, or maybe the Doom Dole?  Or maybe come up with something original, like the "Doom Bringing Mega Turtles"  (Really bad example, but whatever.)

"Wall of doom"

That was the squads name.

"Wall of doom"

That was the squads name.

That seems highly appropriate and pretty catchy.  I'd go with that if anything.

medal medal

Eleventh entry:

And that's the T95 in the current meta. Bastion of hope, if you can secure a height vantage position to cover the cupolas.
With smart target prioritization one can annihilate/damage the dangerous medium vehicles with HEATFS.
Everyone else is firing HE anyway. "OMNOMNOMNOM."

Met two Maus tankers down in the center open cauldron. APCR worked decently against their Turret.

Although these were not my player kills. Two unfortunate Tiger Ausf. B had to taste my APCBC shells.

All hail the bullet sponge!

[spoiler]

http://live.warthunder.com/post/241813/shot+2015.08.28+21.21.06.png[/spoiler]

• Upvote 1

Twelfth entry:

Sneaky sneaky, killing stupid tanky. #Flanking_OP! Again!

[spoiler]

http://live.warthunder.com/post/256537/en/

shot+2015.09.23+20.26.55.jpg

[/spoiler]

Aggro Tortoise OP! Again!

Yeah, those Heavy tanks just kept reversing, until the Tiger 2 105 decided to literally mount me from the front. Sadly the rubble pile stopped him dead in his tracks. I would have enjoyed some free shots into his lower plate :Ds[spoiler]shot+2015.09.23+20.30.37.jpgshot+2015.09.23+20.31.41.jpg[/spoiler]

Teamkilling B-17 OP! Again...[spoiler]Remember: Even allies carrry a red marker! :burned:

shot+2015.09.23+20.31.47.jpg[/spoiler]

Results:[spoiler]YAY ASSISTS BECAUSE THE 105 VACUUMS! Not even for the teamkills :Bayan:

shot+2015.09.23+20.32.48.jpg[/spoiler]

• Upvote 2

Thirteenth entry:

Outflanking the flanker! How fortunate for this T-44 that his tracks provide for deflector shield protection! Both shells bounce from the top of the band into...NIRVANA! The big problem lies within the cannons height. Just slightly above the average tank's track, and if you want to shoot the ammorack at the floor, tough luck!

[spoiler]shot+2015.09.23+21.13.50.jpg

[/spoiler]

Good thing I had advertent teammates. At that point he was dead anyway. T-44 cannot outcircle the T95.Its traverse speed is just too good. The obstacles only ease the situation, not to mention I'd already tackled him.

[spoiler]shot+2015.09.23+21.14.07.jpg

[/spoiler]

• Upvote 2