Historically Inaccurate Loadouts

But this version with MK-108 flying in WWII could give us Gaijin a choice of fighters, once Russia's machinery as La-5 or yaks have more versions...

Documents have now and have FMs too in documents try and do any pls...

But that's not the point of this thread, this thread is for collecting information about errors. Not for placing requests for planes, there are other subforums for that.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

But that's not the point of this thread, this thread is for collecting information about errors. Not for placing requests for planes, there are other subforums for that.

Ok sorry... I put this requirement to the forums thread where it belongs.

Thank you for your response

Hi guys, can anyone tell me, if Fw 190 F8 has all of its historical bomb loads in game?

I remember reading somewhere about the ability to take one 250kg bomb under each wing, so I guess different wing bomb racks than we have in-game were used...

I can't find info about Fw 190 F8 bomb loads ANYWHERE, and this is pretty important, because with 1x500 and 2x250 this plane would get a much more practical bomb load compared to 1000+4x50.

Also, was it possible to carry a bomb and 2xMK103?

medal

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it is mentioned, but the Hs-129 B-2 we have ingame is using 7.92mm MG17s, while in multiple books and sites I read that it had 13mm MG131s.

Trying to find a pilot manual to back this up with, but so far all I can find ahs to deal with installation of bomb racks or the 30mm/75mm cannons.

Edited by NachtJagerX
medal medal medal

Hi guys, can anyone tell me, if Fw 190 F8 has all of its historical bomb loads in game?

I remember reading somewhere about the ability to take one 250kg bomb under each wing, so I guess different wing bomb racks than we have in-game were used...

I can't find info about Fw 190 F8 bomb loads ANYWHERE, and this is pretty important, because with 1x500 and 2x250 this plane would get a much more practical bomb load compared to 1000+4x50.

Also, was it possible to carry a bomb and 2xMK103?

On the bomb loads yes all its missing is the AB 70 do to it not being in game on the Mk 103 yes.

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/68710-luftwaffe-fighter-armament-vs-war-thunder-fighter-armament/

All (as far as i know) missing armament and ordnance for Luftwaffe fighters.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Not sure if it is mentioned, but the Hs-129 B-2 we have ingame is using 7.92mm MG17s, while in multiple books and sites I read that it had 13mm MG131s. Trying to find a pilot manual to back this up with, but so far all I can find ahs to deal with installation of bomb racks or the 30mm/75mm cannons.

Maybe that applies to the B-3 since the B-2 manual (pg. 94) says otherwise:

enmt.jpg

Could you also include the Avro Lancaster, Yer-2 and B-17, please.

Avro Lancaster real bombload was 14 1.000lb bombs, 1 22.000lb grand slam or various 4.000lb cookie and other bomb combination.

B-17 was able to carry up to 17.600 lb of bombs on short ranges.

Yer-2 could only carry around 1 ton of bombs for long range bombing missions.

medal medal

Is it accurate to have Soviet versions of American aircraft (PBY, P-40) using American ordnance?  Same question for the FAA Hellcat (UK premium).

A correction to be made for sure: The Wirraway could NOT carry the maximum bombload and an observer (rear gunner).  The information I've seen does not make it clear what the load with an observer should be.

Hi, why airplanes are not ranked in research by time combat deployment?
EXAMPLE Macchi MC.202 was deployed in 1941, but the research tree is in front of Messerschmitt BF 109 E who was Fielding had 1941.Navic Bf 109 E-3 - had already replaced wing machine guns MG FF cannon caliber 20 mm.

Hi, why airplanes are not ranked in research by time combat deployment?
EXAMPLE Macchi MC.202 was deployed in 1941, but the research tree is in front of Messerschmitt BF 109 E who was Fielding had 1941.Navic Bf 109 E-3 - had already replaced wing machine guns MG FF cannon caliber 20 mm.

First: Wrong Topic.

Second: The Ranking is imho under development how it is done in future. Currently it goes after plane performance

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Hi guys,

just wanted to add even though it's not that important that the D.521 (premium British) has in the game a 20mm nose cannon it shouldn't have. Actually, the D.521 was a prototype developped from the D.520, the engine beeing replaced by a Merlin III instead of a Hispano-Suiza. But the merlin engine did not actually allow to have a nose mounted cannon (which is different from the Hispano-Suiza engine which allow to mount a...Hispano cannon).

The website below says that it had 1cannon and 1 mg in each wing but I can't say for sure since only one plane was ever produced :) What it sure is that it does'nt have a nose cannon...

So you may want to add that Muleo :)

http://www.aviafrance.com/dewoitine-d-521-aviation-france-1504.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewoitine_D.520

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was already posted, since its late here where i live and I'll read the full topic tomorrow. Some points i'd like to make is that the Lancaster has a undersized bombload

Ju88 can't carry torpedoes, saw the too many 50kg issue was already pointed out-also the game lacks several nightfighting and ground attack variants of this plane.

Hs129 can't carry the 75mm

no PTAB bomblets for the Il2

I'm sure theres more, but this is just off the top of my head

I know for a fact that your last 2 statements are wrong. If anything, the Hs129 was useless without it's 75mm anti-tank gun, which is what it is mainly known for. Second, the Il-2 had defective bombights, making it so that the PTABs were the only  effective way to bomb, and were indeed very effective. These would also be interesting for ground forces.

the Hs129 was useless without it's 75mm anti-tank gun, which is what it is mainly known for

Actually, it was known for the decimation caused by the SD 4 hollow charge bomb used by PZ.Jag./JG 51 on tanks in the eastern front as well as for the 30mm MK 103. The 75mm cannon version was quite rare.

129d.jpg

The A-20G carry 4 x 500 lbs bombs (two inside bomb bay, and two under wings pylons). Actually it was able to carry 2000 lbs internally (4 x 500 lbs or 8 x 250 lbs). There is quite a mass about underwing pylons. The Block 20 version has four pylons, each of them able to carry up to 500 lbs (in that version the ventral 0.30 cal mg was replaced by 0.50 cal, and a single dorsal 0.50 was repalced by a turret with two 0.50). In game model has two pylons and I suppose they can carry 500 lbs each.

Photo of the four underwing racks

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/imgs/douglas-a20-havoc_8.jpg

Some information regarding A-20G

http://www.joebaugher.com/usattack/a20_17.html

SBD-3 carry a 1000 lbs bomb and two 100 bombs. As far as I know typical loadouts were a single 1000 lbs bomb or a 500 lbs bomb and two 100 lbs bombs. I think a single 500 lbs bomb was used in some cases (to extend range).

After action reports from the battle of Midway mentioning SBD loadouts.

http://www.cv6.org/ship/logs/action19420604-vb6.htm

TBF-1c could also carry a single 2000 lbs "blockbuster" bomb.

http://books.google.pl/books?id=i03412_vO1oC&pg=PA11&lpg=PA11&dq=TBF+2000+pounds+bomb&source=bl&ots=P2iaTcqL88&sig=MYSZzhtzX_z_3u19TY56OaHNy74&hl=pl&sa=X&ei=WPKJUo7hEcTfswbslICoCw&ved=0CI8BEOgBMA0#v=onepage&q=TBF%202000%20pounds%20bomb&f=false

Edited by alderous

Got referred here after making a post about the 20x101RB rounds available for the Type 99-2 cannons in the questions section. Found this site while looking up the cannon specs, http://www.japaneseammunition.com/start.php?main_cat=14&sub_cat=175 , which contains a listing of confirmed ammo loadings. These would be High Explosive (HE), High Explosive Tracer (HE-T), High Explosive Incendiary (HEI), Tracer (T), Armour Piercing Incendiary (API) and Practice Ball (TP). However, the ammo types available within the game through the various belts are Fragmentation Incendiary (FI), High Explosive Fragmentation (HEF), High Explosive Fragmentation Tracer (HEF-T), Armour Piercing Incendiary (API) and Tracer (T). Except for API and T, this looks to be all wrong.

medal

Could you also include the Avro Lancaster, Yer-2 and B-17, please.

Avro Lancaster real bombload was 14 1.000lb bombs, 1 22.000lb grand slam or various 4.000lb cookie and other bomb combination.

B-17 was able to carry up to 17.600 lb of bombs on short ranges.

Yer-2 could only carry around 1 ton of bombs for long range bombing missions.

and all of our missions are short range. 17, 600 for B-17 is a rare max loadout. The common short range loadout is 8000 or the current ingame 16x500lb loadout. 1000lb bombs were not often used, which sucks for the game because even 1000lb bombs have difficulty taking out tanks.

There would be a serious problem with the game's short airfields if these bombers could use their theoretical max loadouts. They'll never be able to take off.

I have a serious problem nerfing the B-17's 1000lb bomb loadout from 8 to 6. That's 2000lb worth of bombs lost while other bombers are using completely unhistorical large loadouts. That 2000lbs lost could be replaced by 4x500lb if the problem is something silly like trying to replicate bomb rack limitations (I say "silly" because other bombers like Yer-2 ignore load limitations entirely).

medal

and all of our missions are short range. 17, 600 for B-17 is a rare max loadout. The common short range loadout is 8000 or the current ingame 16x500lb loadout. 1000lb bombs were not often used, which sucks for the game because even 1000lb bombs have difficulty taking out tanks.

There would be a serious problem with the game's short airfields if these bombers could use their theoretical max loadouts. They'll never be able to take off.

I have a serious problem nerfing the B-17's 1000lb bomb loadout from 8 to 6. That's 2000lb worth of bombs lost while other bombers are using completely unhistorical large loadouts. That 2000lbs lost could be replaced by 4x500lb if the problem is something silly like trying to replicate bomb rack limitations (I say "silly" because other bombers like Yer-2 ignore load limitations entirely).

b17G appears to be missing some bomb load outs.

b17bombs.jpg

technically they didn't hold 8x 1000lb bombs it was only 6 or 10 according to this document. they did however hold 8x1600lb AP bombs

http://www.wwiiaircr...acteristics.pdf

medal medal