Historically Inaccurate Loadouts

Since it has to do with an inaccurate loadout if true. I would like to ask if those with more resources at their disposal can either confirm or deny that this is in any way accurate.

I believe it to be accurate, But I rather have confirmation before I bring it fore that the Lancaster loadouts should be changed to reflect what it carried historically.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just a quick question, is there much interest in listing loadouts for assorted fighters and bombers?  I have a tool from IL-2 1946 which lists bomb and rocket loadouts, was curious if similar information is up on the forums already or if it needs to be added.

Looks like XP-55 in 1.31 has wrong armament. Armament was originally 2x 20mm, 2x.50cal which was later changed to 4x.50cal. Version ingame has 2x 20mm, 4x.50 cal..

Fixed in recent patch, yay Gaijin!
medal medal

I was always running out of ammo on the A6M3 and was suspicious so did some testing. This is what I found:

A6M2 with cannons of 60rpg and 520rpm
Calculated fire time of 6.9s, I tested in-game and found 7.3s. All good.

A6M3 with cannons of 100rpg and 480rpm
Calculated fire time of 12.5s, I tested in-game and found 7.8s. Wut?

7.8 seconds at 480rpm would account for only 62 rounds. Where did the other ~40 rounds go?
This suggests although the stats card and UI (HUD ammo counter) says the guns are carrying 100 rounds the guns only carry 60 rounds like they used to a few patches ago..

Or the RoF is a crazy high 770rpm which is ridiculous for an Oerlikon variant.

According to the U.S. Office of Chief of Ordnance,Type 99 mk2's RoF is max 500rpm (probably dependent on ammunition type)

http://www.lonesentry.com/ordnance/20-mm-aircraft-cannon-type-99-mk-ii.html

According to Emmanuel Gustin (who wrote 'Flying Guns of World War II') Type 99 mk2's RoF is 490rpm

http://users.skynet.be/Emmanuel.Gustin/fgun/fgun-pe.html

The ammo count and/or the firing rate of this weapon is wrong..

• Upvote 2
medal medal

According to the research tree's info cards, the A6M3's mk 2 cannons fire 53% faster than the A6M2's mk 1 cannons, so it actually makes a lot of sense. 100 rpg divided by 1.53 ~ 65 rpg, so it would take the A6M3 about 8% longer to deplete its guns. 7.3 multiplied by 1.08 ~ 7.9.

Not sure if this was already posted, since its late here where i live and I'll read the full topic tomorrow. Some points i'd like to make is that the Lancaster has a undersized bombload

Ju88 can't carry torpedoes, saw the too many 50kg issue was already pointed out-also the game lacks several nightfighting and ground attack variants of this plane.

Hs129 can't carry the 75mm

no PTAB bomblets for the Il2

I'm sure theres more, but this is just off the top of my head

Not sure if this was already posted, since its late here where i live and I'll read the full topic tomorrow. Some points i'd like to make is that the Lancaster has a undersized bombload

Ju88 can't carry torpedoes, saw the too many 50kg issue was already pointed out-also the game lacks several nightfighting and ground attack variants of this plane.

Hs129 with the PAK 40 would be horrid.  Just picture the aircraft being even slower and more stall prone.

Not going to bother listing missing loadouts. Practically every plane is missing some bomb/rocket/gun loadout or other. This thread is about wrong/inaccurate loadouts, not missing ones.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

If the in game P-47 is a D-25 block, then I do not believe it should have the 5x HVAR zero-length racks on each wing. That came from the D-40.

Currently, It should have the 3x rocket "tubes" on each wing for a rocket loadout if it is indeed a D-25

r1zi.png

Source:

Republic's P-47 Thunderbolt: From Seversky to Victory by Warren M. Bodie

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Hey Mule, could you perhaps edit the first post on this thread as appropriate so as to list all the wrong load outs that people have already listed and have yet to be fixed? It is going to get only more difficult to keep up to date with this thread as it gets longer and longer.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

good idea, maybe the users that have their info posted in op, could delete their text, and ill sweep through and remove empty posts.

Hey Mule, could you perhaps edit the first post on this thread as appropriate so as to list all the wrong load outs that people have already listed and have yet to be fixed? It is going to get only more difficult to keep up to date with this thread as it gets longer and longer.

OP updated.

medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

Concerning the torpedo equipped by TBF-1C, it is actually a "Mark 13" torpedo. Since I'm in charge of some localization work that has access to some inner strings, this is undoubtedly a translation error. On the other hand, the British torpedo should in turn be "18 inch Mk XII".

medal medal medal medal medal

零戦五二型系統

• 零式艦上戦闘機五二型(A6M5、747機):
    二二型の発展型で、再び翼端折り畳み機構を廃止し、丸型に成型。
    エンジン排気でのロケット効果を狙い推力排気管化。
    栄搭載型では最大の560km/hを発揮。
    ただし極初期生産型は推力式単排気管が間に合わず、二二型同様の集合排気管を装備している。
    また、後期生産型から翼内燃料タンクに自動消火装置を設置して防御力を高めている。

• 零式練習用戦闘機二二型(A6M5-K):
    五二型を複座にし、練習機としたもの。
    1945年に試作機2機が完成するが、生産準備中に敗戦となる。

• 零式艦上戦闘機五二型甲(A6M5a、391機):
    ドラム給弾式の九九式二号三型20mm機銃をベルト給弾式の九九式二号四型に換装(装弾数100発→125発)
    また主翼外板を0.2mm厚くする等、構造を強化し急降下最大制限速度が増加した(741km/h)

• 零式艦上戦闘機五二型乙(A6M5b、470機):
    右胴体機銃を九七式7.7mm機銃から三式13.2mm機銃に変更した他、胴体外板を厚くし、前面風防に45mm厚の防弾ガラスを装備した。
    また、座席の後部に8mm防弾鋼板を装備可能である。

• 零式艦上戦闘機五二型丙(A6M5c、93機):
    左胴体九七式7.7mm機銃を廃止し主翼に三式13.2mm機銃2門を追加。
    操縦席後方に55mm防弾ガラスや8mm装甲板を追加し、主翼下に30kgロケット弾、小型爆弾架を装備した。
    しかし、重量増により運動性は大幅に低下している。

http://www.weblio.jp/content/%E9%9B%B6%E5%BC%8F%E8%89%A6%E4%B8%8A%E6%88%A6%E9%97%98%E6%A9%9F

It should be noted that A6M5 Reisen had FIVE variants, being A6M5, A6M5-K, A6M5a, A6M5b and A6M5c (not just the a, b, and c). A6M5 did has only two 7.7 mm synchronized machine guns. Simply put, the in-game gun layout is correct.

However, the A6M3 mod 22 should be renamed as A6M3a mod 22 given the installation of Type 99 mk 2 cannon, and the A6M2 should be modified as A6M2b mod 21 since the folding wingtip is correctly modelled in game.

Edited by yuno
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

I want to report that the new loadouts for the Ju88 A-4 are again not historical.

The 50kg internal bomb loadouts should be 28x50kg, not 20x50kg as they are right now. See reference here:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/52760-the-top-six-inaccurately-portrayed-luftwaffe-aircraft-in-wt/

• Upvote 2
medal

Don't know if it's strictly relevant, but the Fw 190 A-5/U3 needs to drop the U3 designation, since the R1 conversion turns it into an A-5/U12. Now they just need to add the option for the built-in MG FFs and turn it into the complete A-5.

• Upvote 2

If the in game P-47 is a D-25 block, then I do not believe it should have the 5x HVAR zero-length racks on each wing. That came from the D-40.

Currently, It should have the 3x rocket "tubes" on each wing for a rocket loadout if it is indeed a D-25

r1zi.png

Source:

In Q&A I've been told to contact guy BVV_d but since he is just not responding, I will write it down here.

Confirming that D-25 and D-28 Thunderbolts did not carry 10 HVAR 5' rockets. Just 2x M10 tripple tube rocket launchers with M8 4,5' rockets. HVAR rockets were carried by D-40+.

Reporting Mustangs D-5 and D-20 which did not carry 6 HVAR 5' rockets. Just 2x M10 tripple tube rocket launchers with M8 4,5' rockets again. HVAR rockets were carried by D-25+.

Not sure if F8F Bearcat can carry more than 2000lbs of additional load and we have option to take 3x1000lbs bombs. I'll check it.

• Upvote 2

Don't know if it's strictly relevant, but the Fw 190 A-5/U3 needs to drop the U3 designation, since the R1 conversion turns it into an A-5/U12. Now they just need to add the option for the built-in MG FFs and turn it into the complete A-5.

YES!
YES FOR THIS!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Developer

In Q&A I've been told to contact guy BVV_d but since he is just not responding, I will write it down here.

Confirming that D-25 and D-28 Thunderbolts did not carry 10 HVAR 5' rockets. Just 2x M10 tripple tube rocket launchers with M8 4,5' rockets. HVAR rockets were carried by D-40+.

In the game not yet missiles in the guide M10. In the near future, we will extend the arsenal missile weapons.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Just realized that the S.79 bombers are using a British 18" Mk XII torpedo...

Yes, it is temporary. Italian aircraft will be armed with the Italian torpedo.

• Upvote 1

Guest PHC

Also, The S.79's Carried 100kg bombs rather then 50kg bombs, 

12 x 100kg, instead we have 12 x 50kg, I would place this towards the fact no other German bombers have 100kg bombs, so the Italians don't get them yet.

Also, The defensive and offensive weapons on the S.79's are almost all wrong.

The S.M.79 1936 had: 1 forward firing fixed 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT, 1 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT in the Hump, 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT in the belly gondola and 1 7.7mm Lewis MG on a swivel mount so it could fire from each side of the aircraft with ease.

The S.M.79 1937 had: 1 forward firing fixed 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT, 1 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT in the Hump, 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT in the belly gondola and the single 7.7mm Lewis MG on the swivel mount was replaced by two 7.7mm Breda-SAFAT MG's (one for each side of the aircraft)

The S.M.79 1939 Model had the same defensive and offensive armament as the 1937 model. 

The S.M.79 1941 Model had the same defensive and offensive armament as the 1937 model. 

The S.M.79 Bis Model had: 1 forward firing fixed 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT, 1 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT in the Hump, 1 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT in the belly gondola and two 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT MG's in the side positions (Replacing the 7.7mm Breda-SAFAT MG's)  (Most simply had the belly gondola removed however)

The S.M.79 Bis/Late Model Had: 1 x 20mm MG151/20 Cannon (Replacing the 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT MG), 1 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT in the Hump and two 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT MG's in the side positions (Replacing the 7.7mm Breda-SAFAT MG's) The belly gondola was completely deleted in this model. 

Might have messed some of those up, but as it stands all the S.79's have 12.7mm Breda-SAFATS all over were they should not, and the Bis/Late is missing the 20mm forward cannon. Also, the Bis and Bis/late has access to carry two torpedoes if the mission called for it. 

• Upvote 5

In the Russian military specifications these type of bullets are called "sighting-incendiary" (ПЗ - пристрелочно-зажигательная (PZ - pristrelotchno-zazhigatyelnaya)), you may see it on the 3rd picture. By the principle of action they were explosive with incendiary after-effect. We have chosen the similar specification for the English localization, probably it's not quite accurate. Other nations have such bullets as well, for example German 'B-patrone' has incedentary action with weak explosive effect (see the description). 

How about international sources?

• Upvote 1
medal